• Of course!

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • What else can you call him?

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • :duh:

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

elohiym

If they wont listen to Peter, give them I Corinthians 6, do Something! :) to awaken them from such a strong delusion....
If they are truly one of God's elect, they will awaken to righteousness eventually.

To do nothing would not be loving them fully...
True.

Proverbs 27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

Many will kiss Knight, but few will wound him with the truth and risk banishment, ridicule, or rejection by him.

they can't serve two masters or they will love one and hate the other....
Amen.

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

elohiym

yeah i often think about freewill. i have concluded that if a man truly has freewill, then he can chose to not sin at all.
That is an obvious conclusion.

i also wonder if it is "illusory" as you say, since Yah knows the outcome, but then i also wonder "how could he create someone who has no chance of salvation?" doesn't seem very kind, so there must be some sort of decision made by the man . . . ooh heavy stuff . . .
I don't believe that God created any human with no chance of salvation. All have the potential to choose which master they will serve. Naturally, because I believe that God knows the future, he already knows who has chosen what, but that doesn't mean our choice is predetermined for us.

We have a choice to serve one of two masters. If we choose God, we do his will not ours. If we reject God, we do Satan's will, not ours. It only appears like we have a freewill, but choice does not imply freewill.

Messenger

That is an obvious conclusion.

I don't believe that God created any human with no chance of salvation. All have the potential to choose which master they will serve. Naturally, because I believe that God knows the future, he already knows who has chosen what, but that doesn't mean our choice is predetermined for us.

We have a choice to serve one of two masters. If we choose God, we do his will not ours. If we reject God, we do Satan's will, not ours. It only appears like we have a freewill, but choice does not imply freewill.

interesting take, and yet true. that's right there is only two masters and really we do their will, not ours.

:doh:

elohiym

So is Maximee the only one willing to express her vote publicly? Please don't hide you feelings in darkness. If you think I am an idiot, then I would like to know who you are.

jeremysdemo

So is Maximee the only one willing to express her vote publicly? Please don't hide you feelings in darkness. If you think I am an idiot, then I would like to know who you are.
Even if I thought that you did something deserving of such a definition I would never call you one or publicly shame you with an insult who's soul purpose is to demean you, that would also going against what Yeshua taught...which is sinful.

The Bible describes fools/idiots as those who do not obey the Lord, and the wise as those whom do.

So let His Word define what you are, and let them bring forth the evidence of your sin if they call you by that name.

If I thought you did something foolish or idiotic (which would have to be sin) the loving thing to do would be to help you see the truth and plead with you for your own sake to listen and repent, not demean you with fleshly insults, the latter is a prideful endeavor not a loving one.

keep shinin'

jerm :cool:

elohiym

God will use this thread, designed to mock a child of God, for His purpose, and it will be good. I truly wish it would cause Knight to awake to righteousness, but I don't think that will happen anytime soon. He has too much riding on his theology. So do many of you reading this. But you are going to have to be mocked and rejected for the sake of the truth, even by people you thought were Christians, even by people you thought loved you.

Mat 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Pettrix

BANNED
Banned
1John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Whoever sins is a servant of sin (John 8:34) and is of the devil (1John 3:8)

RIGHTLY DIVIDE

This verse has nothing to do with Church Age doctrine, it is consistent with Tribulation doctrine. Remember that even though Tribulation saints are said to be born again they are not sealed with the Holy Spirit or spiritually circumcised when they believe. Their souls are still stuck to their fleshly bodies, which means that the definition of sin for them is like that in the Old Testament under the Law.

This letter/verse is for the Tribulation saints, not the Church. During the Tribulation there is no immediate spiritual circumcision, and the saints body and soul are stuck together. In the context of the chapter committing sin is breaking the Law. There is no other verse where the word "he" refers only the soul or spirit of an individual. Since the Tribulation’s saint soul is stuck to his body "he cannot sin" must refer to his person as a whole and be a reference to his actions. "Cannot" may be Biblically defined as not allowed rather that incapable.

Several verses in Paul’s epistles state or imply that both the Christian’s soul and spirit are capable of sinning, further implying that imputation of sinlessness to these would not occur until death or the rapture.

elohiym

If I thought you did something foolish or idiotic (which would have to be sin) the loving thing to do would be to help you see the truth and plead with you for your own sake to listen not demean you with fleshly insults.
I appreciate your words, Jerm. God knows I've done and said some stupid things in my life, even on TOL. Who can say they haven't. :chuckle:

I don't mind the insults when they are offered in the spirit of passionate debate, and as long as they can be fairly exchanged without one person being denied the equal right. Jesus hurled a few insults in his day, so I really don't have a problem with insults in general.

This place (TOL) is openly biased, and while I accept those terms of use for the website, I reject their spirit which is unrighteous.

PKevman

I don't see Knight answering any of your questions Elo . . . maybe because they are tough hardline truths imposed by our Messiah?

Wrong. It's because every single one of these wacky positions has already been disproven in a dozens of threads over and over and I'm sure Knight is sick of doing that dance with Elohiym just as is anyone else who has attempted to discuss his faulty views of Scripture. But I won't speak for Knight, I only speak from my own experiences with the guy, and that attempting to discuss Biblical theology with him is a waste of time because Elohiym knows everything and everything he says is right and nobody can tell him anything. (In his own mind anyway)

Ever hear the saying a "Legend in his own mind"?

Messenger

Wrong. It's because every single one of these wacky positions has already been disproven in a dozens of threads over and over and I'm sure Knight is sick of doing that dance with Elohiym just as is anyone else who has attempted to discuss his faulty views of Scripture. But I won't speak for Knight, I only speak from my own experiences with the guy, and that attempting to discuss Biblical theology with him is a waste of time because Elohiym knows everything and everything he says is right and nobody can tell him anything. (In his own mind anyway)

Ever hear the saying a "Legend in his own mind"?

Elo just outlined what our Messiah said. He really said to stop sinning, go and be perfect, serve only one master, etc. I guess you missed that part . . .

PKevman

RIGHTLY DIVIDE

This verse has nothing to do with Church Age doctrine, it is consistent with Tribulation doctrine. Remember that even though Tribulation saints are said to be born again they are not sealed with the Holy Spirit or spiritually circumcised when they believe. Their souls are still stuck to their fleshly bodies, which means that the definition of sin for them is like that in the Old Testament under the Law.

This letter/verse is for the Tribulation saints, not the Church. During the Tribulation there is no immediate spiritual circumcision, and the saints body and soul are stuck together. In the context of the chapter committing sin is breaking the Law. There is no other verse where the word "he" refers only the soul or spirit of an individual. Since the Tribulation’s saint soul is stuck to his body "he cannot sin" must refer to his person as a whole and be a reference to his actions. "Cannot" may be Biblically defined as not allowed rather that incapable.

Several verses in Paul’s epistles state or imply that both the Christian’s soul and spirit are capable of sinning, further implying that imputation of sinlessness to these would not occur until death or the rapture.

Great point Pettrix, but I guarantee it will fall on deaf ears. Trying to reason with this guy from the Scriptures is like trying to teach a Poodle Trigonometry. Actually the Poodle would be more responsive.

PKevman

Elo just outlined what our Messiah said. He really said to stop sinning, go and be perfect, serve only one master, etc. I guess you missed that part . . .

Sinless perfectionism has no merit in the Scriptures. Are you sinless Messenger?

If so would you care to tell us when the last time you lied or lusted was? And remember that God sees your answers and knows your heart.

elohiym

RIGHTLY DIVIDE
I suggest that you do so.

This verse has nothing to do with Church Age doctrine, it is consistent with Tribulation doctrine.
So people in the "church age," as you call it, are not born of God? People in the "church age" are not of the devil when they sin? People in the "church age" abide in Him when they sin, and know Him when they sin?

Remember that even though Tribulation saints are said to be born again they are not sealed with the Holy Spirit or spiritually circumcised when they believe. Their souls are still stuck to their fleshly bodies, which means that the definition of sin for them is like that in the Old Testament under the Law.
You are making that up, because it is not in the Bible.

There were two covenants that Jesus dealt with, the old covenant (Mosaic law) and the new covenant (grace). The old covenant was abrogated on the cross, and nobody was under the old covenant following the cross.
This letter/verse is for the Tribulation saints, not the Church.
That's your opinion, but it is wrong.

During the Tribulation there is no immediate spiritual circumcision, and the saints body and soul are stuck together.
Spiritual circumcision existed prior to the law. That was the point of flesh circumcision, to point people to spiritual circumcision.

Deut 10:16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

What do you think they were being told, cut some skin off your heart? No! They were being told that they needed to be spiritually circumcised, which was always available to them.

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

There. Paul just destroyed your argument.

In the context of the chapter committing sin is breaking the Law.
And what is committing sin in your book? How do you tell when YOU are committing sin? Please tell us. Careful, your choices are limited.

Paul wrote to carnal minded people who were seeking to be saved, not spiritually minded people that were saved. He called the Corinthians carnal, and the Galatians fools. His words to carnal minded people do not imply that those born of God commit sin and cannot stop committing sin until "death or rapture."

jeremysdemo

I appreciate your words, Jerm. God knows I've done and said some stupid things in my life, even on TOL. Who can say they haven't. :chuckle:

I don't mind the insults when they are offered in the spirit of passionate debate, and as long as they can be fairly exchanged without one person being denied the equal right. Jesus hurled a few insults in his day, so I really don't have a problem with insults in general.

This place (TOL) is openly biased, and while I accept those terms of use for the website, I reject their spirit which is unrighteous.

Yes but Yeshua told people (the Pharisees) they were hypocrites out of Love, to save them not to demean them.
Words like "fool" and "idiot" do not make a person aware of their sin, but insults a persons intelligence, which is given by God, so it insults He who created them as well, doesn't sound like Loving HIM.
Yeshua said He who does this is in danger of hell fire...so no thanks for me, I steer clear of that sort of heat. :) especially since it does not serve the purpose of Love but is the beast/flesh within having its way.
If someone really cared they would be praying for another's eyes to be open and for them to understand, that's loving thy neighbor.
Of course if someone is sining themselves, and trying to tell others not to they are a hypocrite and need to be told, and even that with Love as Yeshua did.

keep shinin'

PKevman

Elohiym, were you being honest when you said this:

elohiym said:
Again, thank you for the opportunity to share my beliefs. I am done with this place

If so, why are you back? Do you not realize that lying is a sin?

elohiym

Wrong. It's because every single one of these wacky positions has already been disproven in a dozens of threads over and over and I'm sure Knight is sick of doing that dance with Elohiym ...
Show me just one thread where Knight explains why he cannot stop sinning. That is what my questions are about.

As far as my positions as they relate to the disparaging presentation that Knight made on this thread, they have not been refuted. Knight refused to define converted, refused to address the difference between spiritual and carnal, refused to complete the discussion on temptation, and I'm still waiting on a response to my refutation of his argument that Satan was created good in the garden of Eden. That should be a hoot.

Why don't you tell us why you can't stop sinning, PK? What do you tell 'em in the churches you pastor?

jeremysdemo

Exodus 32:14
And the LORD repented of the evil which He said He would do unto His people.

It seems the righteous are able to change their minds without sinning to do so...

Hey I am sure I have been equally annoyed at times with elo as you PK, but I will not be the one to cast the first stone here....

keep shinin'