• Of course!

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • What else can you call him?

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • :duh:

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

elohiym

Then explain it to me Elo, you just said God created Satan exactly the way he is.....
Jesus said that Satan was a murderer and a liar from the beginning (John 8:44). Jesus said it, not me. The Greek word translated to beginning means from his origin. That means he was never good. That means Isaiah 14:4 is actually about the king of Babylon, like the scriptures state, not about Satan as many false denominations have propagated over the years.

It also means that Ezekiel 28:12-15 is about the king of Tyre, as the scriptures state, not about Satan as the propagated myths claim. So we have no scriptural evidence to assume that Satan was ever good, and we have unambiguous scriptural evidence (Jesus' words) that Satan was bad from the beginning.

Therefore, if we believe that Satan was created by God, we must conclude that God created him as he was from the beginning. To prove that, we would need to find scriptural evidence that God creates evil, and we find it in Isaiah 45:7.

Now, instead of making assumptions about what this means, assumptions so preposterous they must be rejected, we should simply accept God's word and try and understand in light of his character. How does God create evil? Logically, he does so by being God, by being righteous. To understand that, take Isa 45:7, which also states that God creates darkness.

What is darkness? It is the absence of light. "And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness." He didn't say the darkness was good. In fact, "God is light, and in him is no darkness at all" (1John 1:5). Darkness is used as a metaphor for evil. Therefore, God could create evil as he created darkness, but have no evil in Him just as he has no darkness in Him. We might say, evil is the absence of God (righteousness).

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
Maybe you should help him to stop sinning instead of encouraging gluttony.

Uh, Say what? How is offering someone food encouraging gluttony? Does this mean that giving someone a birthday present encourages stealing? :freak:

elohiym

Tell us, Knight, why can't you stop sinning if you truly have freewill?

That statement proves you do not know the difference between freewill and free-ability.
You are claiming that you have freewill to stop sinning, but not the ability. What is stopping you?

Jesus said, "Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin" John 8:34. Do you concede that you are servant of sin, Knight?

John said, "He that committeth sin is of the devil" 1John 3:8. Do you concede that based on John's words one can conclude that you are of the devil, Knight?

John also said, "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him" 1John 3:6. Do you concede that you don't abide in Him, have not seen Him, and you don't know Him yet, Knight?

Paul wrote, "Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame" 1Cor 15:34. Do you concede that Paul thought the Corinthians had the free ability to do what you claim you do not have the free ability to do--stop sinning?

:think:

elohiym

John 8:1011 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Why would Jesus tell the woman to do something that she lacked the free ability to do, Knight? Should she have turned to him and said, "I wish I could stop sinning, but I can't?" Isn't that what you are saying?

elohiym

1Pet 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin.

Have you have armed yourself with the same mind as Christ if you claim that you cannot stop sinning, Knight? Does the phrase "ceased from sin" hold no meaning for you?

jeremysdemo

Peter is an Apostle appointed by Yeshua in His living Ministry (one of the Twelve OF the LAMB)..don't expect anyone of these to listen to him.

keep shinin'

jerm :cool:

elohiym

Gal 2:1718 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

Paul is clear that if you are found to be a sinner while seeking to be justified by Christ, you make yourself a transgressor. It is because you have put yourself under a law, which is the only way you could claim to still sin. The knowledge of sin is by the law, so if you claim to still sin it is evidence that you are putting yourself under the law.

If you are not putting yourself under the law, then how do you know that you sin? What is your personal measure for sin, Knight?

elohiym

Peter is an Apostle appointed by Yeshua in His living Ministry (one of the Twelve OF the LAMB)..don't expect anyone of these to listen to him.
I only expect the elect to listen, but those who reject the truth will not be able to say they weren't warned. One way or another, all will yield.

Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Messenger

I don't see Knight answering any of your questions Elo . . . maybe because they are tough hardline truths imposed by our Messiah?

jeremysdemo

"There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death."

His Way is The Way...all other roads are the wide ones...

keep shinin'

elohiym

Mat 7:22-23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

How can you sin, but not work iniquity, Knight? It seems that Jesus will tell many people who profess to be Christians that he never knew them because they continued to sin in spite of grace, and that is consistent with 1John 3:6.

jeremysdemo

Why would anyone continue to sin? doesn't sound like a "NEW" being to me...

Might as well be driving in the nails to His hands themselves.....

Repent!

keep shinin'

Messenger

Mat 7:22-23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

How can you sin, but not work iniquity, Knight? It seems that Jesus will tell many people who profess to be Christians that he never knew them because they continued to sin in spite of grace, and that is consistent with 1John 3:6.

:first:

elohiym

Why would anyone continue to sin? doesn't sound like a "NEW" being to me...
Exactly! It sounds like the "old man' that was supposed to be crucified.

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

If Knight still sins, how can he claim that his old man was crucified, that the body of sin was destroyed, or that he no longer serves sin?

John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

jeremysdemo

If they wont listen to Peter, give them I Corinthians 6, do Something! :) to awaken them from such a strong delusion....

To do nothing would not be loving them fully...they can't serve two masters or they will love one and hate the other....

keep shinin'

Messenger

How can he?

Luke 18:26-27 And they that heard it said, Who then can be saved? And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

He only needs to give up his freewill, which is only illusory.

yeah i often think about freewill. i have concluded that if a man truly has freewill, then he can chose to not sin at all.

i also wonder if it is "illusory" as you say, since Yah knows the outcome, but then i also wonder "how could he create someone who has no chance of salvation?" doesn't seem very kind, so there must be some sort of decision made by the man . . . ooh heavy stuff . . .

jeremysdemo

One is free and one comes at a cost.....???
Do we not sacrifice our own will to the Fathers?

I think what people are calling "freewill" is rebellion against His Will be done on earth as it is in heaven....
It is not His Will that we sin, anyone with His Spirit knows that.

keep shinin'