Votes: 3 11.1%
  • :duh:

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clete is correct. The use of the word abideth (KJV) in no way indicates the complete lack of sin. Just that there will be a tendency toward righteousness. This idea lines up pretty well with the idea that one will know a righteous person by their fruit.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For the sake of argument lets say your right. Is a habit learned or is it something that occurs as a result of the nature of a thing? Does a habit have to be a learned response?
I would call a habit something one does continually. But obviously continually would mean regularly rather than all the time. But I don't think regularly is the correct term either. Either way it matters little where a habit comes from. It could be either.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
For the sake of argument lets say your right. Is a habit learned or is it something that occurs as a result of the nature of a thing? Does a habit have to be a learned response?

Habits can be either learned or innate.

I am in the habit of ordering double bacon cheese burgers - (pickles only please!).
I am also in the habit of blinking my eyes and breathing.

elected4ever

Her pet? Who are you talking about, Polly? I thought we were talking about Knight! You think I'm Polly's pet?!
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

If anyone ever gets banned for calling someone else an idiot it will be only because they've done so (usually repeatedly) without cause. It would therefore be impossible for either of two things to happen...

1. Someone getting banned for calling you an idiot.
2. You not getting banned for calling someone else an idiot.
Then it is not wrong to call someone else an idea in general. Just wrong if one has proved themselves to be one.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Then it is not wrong to call someone else an idea in general. Just wrong if one proves themselves to be one.

It is not wrong to call someone an idiot unless it is either untrue or if the one doing the calling is an idiot himself, in which case he is being a hypocrite. Not to mention the fact that it would be rather difficult for an idiot to know that someone else was an idiot in the first place and so an idiot calling someone else an idiot is probably not only a hypocrite but a liar as well and therefore quite deserving of whatever bannishment he gets.

Resting in Him,
Clete

elected4ever

It is not wrong to call someone an idiot unless it is either untrue or if the one doing the calling is an idiot himself, in which case he is being a hypocrite. Not to mention the fact that it would be rather difficult for an idiot to know that someone else was an idiot in the first place and so an idiot calling someone else an idiot is probably not only a hypocrite but a liar as well and therefore quite deserving of whatever bannishment he gets.

Resting in Him,
Clete
The how do you keep from being banned. You fit all your criteria.

elected4ever

Habits can be either learned or innate.

I am in the habit of ordering double bacon cheese burgers - (pickles only please!).
I am also in the habit of blinking my eyes and breathing.
Then by your own admission, I could be right and not the idiot you think I am.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clete is safe because he generally agrees with those in charge. Me? I'm too scared to call the admin stupid in case I get banned.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Then by your own admission, I could be right and not the idiot you think I am.

No.

Deuteronomy 19:15 One witness shall not rise against a man concerning any iniquity or any sin that he commits; by the mouth of two or three witnesses the matter shall be established.​

elected4ever

No. On the contrary you just proved that you are not right.

Deuteronomy 19:15 One witness shall not rise against a man concerning any iniquity or any sin that he commits; by the mouth of two or three witnesses the matter shall be established.​
great, now you have placed us both under the Mosaic law. Smart real smart. I don't live by the law. You do so what does that make you? :think:

MrRadish

Resting in Him,
Clete

What measure are you using for the word 'idiot'? How can you possibly objectively state "He is a fool/idiot/other pejorative"? Surely even you admit that, without the use of I.Q. testing, the term 'idiot' is subjective?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
elohiym, when I asked.... "do you believe there is liberty in Christ?" you answered....
Absolutely! That is what I preach, as opposed to bondage in sin.
Liberty is freedom.

So what is it you are free to do in-Christ that you aren't free to do out of Christ?

NOTE: I apologize for asking this same question over and over, I didn't see your answer until Mr. 5020 pointed it out.

elyah

You are wrong, Knight.

1John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
Only if you divorce eternal life from being Christian.

That dog wont hunt.
Nobody has a license to sin.

1Cor 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind... etc., etc., etc.
Absolutely! That is what I preach, as opposed to bondage in sin.

For what ever my comments may be worth in the ears of those which have esteemed themselves the best able to apprise G-d's Word, and believer's commentaries, .here on TOL,. I think Elohiyim, while he being a goyim, is most definitely earnest to know G-d's Word, zealously! And though he never-the-less strays in his renderings and his assessment of the Word's intent,
G-d can and does correct according to the earnestness of the intent and make him all the more fruitful than what we would presume to inveigh!

Our ego and deliriums aside, these are not in G-d's name, (at least mine are not)!

So though elohyim comes with a lot of his own intellectual baggage, and limps as he walks that doctrinal path, he is not alone, ....for do we and have we, not all treked a similar path?

The Mashiach be praised! The Holy One of Israal in whom we have been called and purged,... by his death, purged from the sins of our own ways..., where then is he then that can boast above the works which he did not earn, Snipe?
And where is he that can lay claims on a non profane advent to Hashem's way, Knight?

The Knight and Snipe are both equally the same and inane in the company with the elohiym and eliahu which have been called into his name. While they banter, and I banter, the daemons sneer and rage and they profane and target the inane.

And the pagans jeer and disclaim the foolhardiness of those which profess and make claims about their rectitude in Yshuas' name!

How they profane the Holy intents of Yshuas' reign. We help them, if you must know..... We help with every remark made declaring "fool," and "idiot" and "retard" in our spiel!

Oh, I too am a fool and wretched at that and I too know the best interpretation of G-d]s Word even above my fellows, but I am only a fool and errant Jew saved so that I might proclaim the virtues of His name, ...at best, ..... and not by your standards.

So peer, take a rest... but by G-d's own goodness ascertain .... a fool, a Jewish fool, a fool with parent that traded the knowledge and wisdom of G-d's school, for the ease and the mease of what is worldly pleased, yet I was brought nigh!

... I am my beloved's and he is mine and into his folds I do entwine! Mashiach Yshua' is his name and He be praised!

Last edited:

elyah

elohiym, when I asked.... "do you believe there is liberty in Christ?" you answered....Liberty is freedom.

So what is it you are free to do in-Christ that you aren't free to do out of Christ?

NOTE: I apologize for asking this same question over and over, I didn't see your answer until Mr. 5020 pointed it out.
I'm interested in knowin what you think that is, Knight. Please speak into the Light!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm interested in knowin what you think that is, Knight. Please speak into the Light!
Nice try, but the question is for elohiym.

NOTE: If you read this thread carefully, especially the last few pages, you would know my answer. :)