Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why don't you tell me what law I am to use and we can go from there.

There doesn't have to be a law when it comes to sin. Sin occurs whether there is a law or not so I don't know why you keep asking this question. It's going against what's already written in your heart as good.

Are there things we do that can be unpleasing to God, e4e?

If a Christian steals money from somebody does this please God?

elohiym

You are reading the wrong mail. 1st John isn't written to the body, it's written to those of the circumcision.
Yet you are about to misuse it to try and disparage me. It seems that 1 John is for the body when you can use to attempt to keep someone in bondage to sin. :rolleyes:

And for them they couldn't sin and remain "in Him" therefore if they sinned they would need to once again ask for forgiveness and make sacrifice (this is something that us in the body need not do because our dispensation is different).
I suppose if I wanted to make a disparaging list of idiotic things you claim to believe I could start with, "Knight doesn't believe he needs to ask forgiveness for sinning." :rotfl:
To drive this point home notice how the verses in first John are setup.....

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Yup. I have sin dwelling in my flesh, just like the Apostle Paul (Rom 7:17), but that doesn't mean I sin... "Now then it is no more I that do it."

9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
But you just claimed that you don't have to ask for forgiveness. You have a license to sin. :rolleyes:

As for me, I confessed my sins, repented, and God actually cleansed me from ALL unrighteousness. So if you still have some unrighteousness left, you should inquire about how to get rid of it.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
Oh, I have sinned, and you know that I do not say that I haven't. Miraculously, God kept his promise and gave me a new heart, now I am free from sin.
1 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin.
He's writing it so that we "may not sin." But you still sin, right?
And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.
That's true. But you read that as a license to sin for yourself, but not abortion doctors or various other sins you object to, just your sins.
elohiym, claims he does not sin, so based on the verses above what does that tell us about elohiym? :think:
What does it matter if 1 John doesn't apply to the body? We could ask about you: Knight claims to sin, and based on 1Jo 3:8, what does that tell us about him?

The Greek word "arche" simply means the beginning, origin, first, of whatever! It can simply describe the beginning of whatever topic is being discussed.
Therefore, the beginning of Satan, his origin was evil (John 8:44; 1John 3:8).

Your woodenly literally interpretation of John 8:44 is irrational and unbibilical.
That would be a better description of your interpretation of Luke 10:18.
That is just plain ridiculous. You cannot read 1 Corinthians without realizing that Paul was speaking to believers. That is why every bible scholar for all of history has interpreted this verse just as written.
That's a logical fallacy, Knight. You need to explain how someone can be saved when they are not converted. Are you a "babe in Christ," as Paul used the term, Knight?
No, I disparage because you are a moron.
No, you do it because you are in darkness.
Even if that were true that wouldn't erase....
It is true. Isa 14:12 is not about Satan, and it erodes your argument.
Luke 10:18 And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven". That's Jesus speaking. (that's why I posted it in red) :)

So, either elohiym is right (Satan didn't fall) or Jesus meant what He said.
It was a figure a of speech, Knight. It means "has lost his power," not literally fallen from heaven with all the faulty assumptions you have made attached to it. In the context of his words, Jesus could only have meant what I believe he meant. Your interpretation is out of context, as though Jesus suddenly had a flashback in the midst of what his disciples were telling. Nowhere did Jesus ever say that Satan was once good. You are believing a fairy tale that has been propagated for years by cults.
The only reason you want to claim that Lucifer and Satan are not the same is because you reject the notion that Satan fell. Which of course is heretical.
No. I reject the interpretation that Lucifer is Satan because I can read the Hebrew and know what the verse means, and because the passage is about the king of Babylon, like the scripture states plainly.

I reject the notion that Satan was ever good because it is not biblical, and Jesus taught the opposite.
Anyone can read for themselves Ezekiel 28 and see that it is an illusion to Satan.
That's conjecture. You can only assume that, and have no other scripture linking that text to Satan in any way. Satan is not mentioned in the text, and it states that it is about the king of Tyre, so obviously it's metaphorical, comparing the king to Adam prior to his sin.

A more accurate word in Isaiah 45:7 is "calamity"...
Says who? Open a concordance, and read the context. He means evil, as surely as he means darkness. It's synonymous parallelism. Do you know what that is, Knight?

God is good, not evil.
:duh:
Laugh all you want.
Thanks! I am.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Whoa. I didn't think that was worth saying three times. Might Granite be referring to the typo .. 'an ' not 'and'?

elohiym

You are just preaching a license to sin, but don't realize it.

Oh I realize it.

Praise the Lord!

Romans 6:11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord. 12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.

For those keeping score...

Knight believes:

- He doesn't need to ask forgiveness for sin
- He has a license to sin

Is Knight a Christian?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But you just claimed that you don't have to ask for forgiveness. You have a license to sin. :rolleyes:
Exactly!

Those already in the body need not ask for forgiveness. Our sins are already covered (Romans 4:7)

But you read that as a license to sin for yourself, but not abortion doctors or various other sins you object to, just your sins.
I have no idea what you are saying. :idunno:

Sin is bad. Regardless if it's paid for or not.

Says who? Open a concordance, and read the context. He means evil, as surely as he means darkness. It's synonymous parallelism. Do you know what that is, Knight?
God is not evil. God is not the mastermind of evil.

Nor does God do evil so that good may come of it.

elohiym

Someone who is born of God does not steal.

Do you believe that you have a license to steal, Poly?

If you steal, should you ask for forgiveness, Poly?

elected4ever

There doesn't have to be a law when it comes to sin. Sin occurs whether there is a law written or not so I don't know why you keep asking this dumb question.
Sin is not a deed unless it is done by a sinner which is what someone is who is not of Christ. If a person is a sinner they are not of Christ. Make up your mine, are you of Christ or not?

Are there things we do that can be unpleasing to God, e4e?
Of course. If that were not so then why would we have to endure the chastening of the Father. He who does not endure the chastening of the Father is a bastard and not a son.

No, but what law do you apply to convict of sin. There is no law to convict of sin but we will be chastened by the Father in the hand of government that we may learn not to steal.

Just because we have been made the righteousness of God in the Spirit, which is our true self and identity and the law has been fulfilled and our sins covered in relation to the flesh does not stop the flesh, that which is born of man, from acting according to its character but we are of the spirit and not of the flesh if so be that the spirit of God remain in you. If we do not have the spirit , that which is born of God, in us then we are none of His.

elohiym

Exactly!

Those already in the body need not ask for forgiveness. Our sins are already covered (Romans 4:7)
You don't have a license to sin, Knight. :nono:

If Christians had a license to sin then abortion doctors could be Christians while they continued to give abortions, just as you claim to be a covered Christian while you continue to do whatever it is you do.

Telling people to stop doing what they do, while you continue to do what you do, makes you a hypocrite.
Sin is bad. Regardless if it's paid for or not.
Then if you have freewill, and your ability is not subject to the devil, stop doing that which is bad. Stop!
God is not evil. God is not the mastermind of evil.
Again, :duh:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For those keeping score...

Knight believes:

Is Knight a Christian?
:rotfl:

I love this post! :up:

In trying to mock me you prove beyond any doubt that you are a moron!

Those in body of Christ are already forgiven, their sin is already covered in advance and they are sealed with the Holy Spirit.

Sin is bad, regardless if it's covered or not. Paul warns those in Christ that they should not continue in sin even though they are no longer slaves to sin (Rom 6).

While we have liberty, we shouldn't use that liberty as an opportunity to sin.....

Galatians 5:13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

Yet that certainly doesn't mean that we don't have liberty it just means we should be good stewards of our liberty.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If Christians had a license to sin then abortion doctors could be Christians while they continued to give abortions, just as you claim to be a covered Christian while you continue to do whatever it is you do.
An abortion doctor could be a Christian.

Likely? No.

Possible? Yes.

Anyone can reject the fruit of the Spirit and sear their conscience and do what is not profitable or even wicked.

elohiym, do you believe there is liberty in Christ?

PKevman

Knight said:
A more accurate word in Isaiah 45:7 is "calamity"...

EloLoser said:

Elo: "Says who?" Says literally THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of scholars who know Hebrew inside and out. Here are a few of their translations:

NIV
7 I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

NAS
7The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity;I am the LORD who does all these.

Amplified
7I form the light and create darkness, I make peace [national well-being] and I create [physical] evil (calamity); I am the Lord, Who does all these things.

NKJV
7 I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity;
I, the LORD, do all these things.’

FURTHER, the verse IN THE CONTEXT of isaiah 45 supports this translation completely! Knight's commentary on it was spot on and entirely Biblical! Yours is not!

PKevman

Someone who is born of God does not steal.

Do you believe that you have a license to steal, Poly?

If you steal, should you ask for forgiveness, Poly?

Any teacher or preacher who is teaching the Grace message properly and the Word rightly divided will face the same types of criticisms you are heaping on Knight and Poly here. Paul faced them constantly. That is why he denounced those arguments in Romans 6. Teaching the grace message is not teaching a license to sin Elo.

elohiym

In trying to mock me you prove beyond any doubt that you are a moron!
No, in trying to mock you, I succeeded in mocking you, while getting readers here to ask themselves, "how can Knight believe such a thing?"

It's so shocking that now you are forced to try and explain yourself to save face, but your response only shows that you agree with what I posted.

Those in body of Christ are already forgiven, their sin is already covered in advance and they are sealed with the Holy Spirit.
Therefore, you believe that a Christian doesn't need to ask forgiveness for sin.

Sin is bad, regardless if it's covered or not. Paul warns those in Christ that they should not continue in sin even though they are no longer slaves to sin (Rom 6).
He warns them because if they sin, they make themselves transgressors (Gal 2:17). Paul agrees with Jesus that whoever sins is a servant of sin (John 8:34; Rom 6:19). Your argument is unbiblical and weak. Try again.
While we have liberty, we shouldn't use that liberty as an opportunity to sin.....

Galatians 5:13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

Yet that certainly doesn't mean that we don't have liberty it just means we should be good stewards of our liberty.
Liberty does not mean a license to sin. And you appear to ignore the "through love serve one another" part.

elohiym

An abortion doctor could be a Christian.
You are wrong, Knight.

1John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
Possible? Yes.
Only if you divorce eternal life from being Christian.

That dog wont hunt.
Anyone can reject the fruit of the Spirit and sear their conscience and do what is not profitable or even wicked.
Nobody has a license to sin.

1Cor 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind... etc., etc., etc.
elohiym, do you believe there is liberty in Christ?
Absolutely! That is what I preach, as opposed to bondage in sin.

PKevman

Knight already acknowledged that he IS preaching a license to sin, so go back to sleep PK.

No you are a liar. Completely and totally a liar. Knight said:
Knight said:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh yeah. Satan and elo is and idiot. I remember that...