Is constant confession needed for forgiveness?

elohiym

Let's say he came to believe exactly everything that you do, and live exactly as you do.

Then, five years later, on a Tuesday...

Like a prodigal son?

I don't think the question is whether our Father will take us back into the house but whether we are on the right road home.

The wrong road might look like sinning over and over and over and thinking one comes home again and again and again.

glassjester

David was anointed King of Israel and received the Holy Spirit. Nevertheless, he committed adultery. When he realized what he deserved as punishment for adultery under the law, he prayed for repentance and forgiveness (Psalm 51). David asked God to not take away the Holy Spirit but to renew it within him, to give him a clean heart. And what was the result? God did not punish David according to the letter of the law, but pardoned him and Bathsheba, and let them be husband and wife. How did David live after that? It is written: "David did what was right in the sight of the LORD, and had not turned aside from anything that He commanded him all the days of his life, except in the case of Uriah the Hittite." 1 Kings 15:5.

What happened to David that caused the result of 1 Kings 15:5? That is what happens to a sinner that repents and becomes a member of the Body of Christ.

Thank you for taking the time to explain. I appreciate it!

Now what about someone who already has become a member of the BOC, like our hypothetical man?

Should he repent, too?

Right Divider

Body part
Let's go all in.

Let's say he came to believe exactly everything that you do, and live exactly as you do.

Then, five years later, on a Tuesday...
Why would someone that loves and trusts God "go on a sin rampage"?

You, like oh so many, have your bogus hypothetical that is missing the point completely.

elohiym

Thank you for taking the time to explain. I appreciate it!

Now what about someone who already has become a member of the BOC, like our hypothetical man?

Should he repent, too?

Yes. If he sinned like David, and assuming he longs for what David longed for, then God will grant him repentance and free him from bondage to sin. God is the man's Father, after all.

glassjester

Why would someone that loves and trusts God "go on a sin rampage"?

Narrow it down, if you'd like.

My hypothetical man becomes a Christian, believes exactly as you do, lives exactly as you do.

Five years later, on a Tuesday, he converts to Islam.

Should he repent?

glassjester

I believe it is the realization that we are acting contrary to the law coupled with our sorrow and desire to sin no more. That is something that can happen in a moment, in your head.

I understand.

And is this something members of the BOC ought to do?

OCTOBER23

OK DOZO said,

but what if confessing our sins is sinful?
============================

Are you talking about PRIDE like the Pharasee ?

Lu 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee,

that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

Last edited:

elohiym

Polygamy is forbidden (Gen. 2:24, Ex 20:14, Heb 13:4).

Wrong. It wasn't forbidden.

Exodus 21:10 If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

If it was a sin, God would have said don't take another wife. Period.

The verses you offered don't even come close to proving what you are claiming.

Now stop disrupting this thread with your false accusations and nonsense, Serpent.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Wrong. It wasn't forbidden.

Exodus 21:10 If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

If it was a sin, God would have said don't take another wife. Period.

The verses you offered don't even come close to proving what you are claiming.

Now stop disrupting this thread with your false accusations and nonsense, Serpent.

when a Christian man takes a Christian wife, they become one flesh

when he takes a second wife, do the two wives become one flesh?

do all three become one flesh?

is it like drops of mercury?

Right Divider

Body part
Narrow it down, if you'd like.

My hypothetical man becomes a Christian, believes exactly as you do, lives exactly as you do.

Five years later, on a Tuesday, he converts to Islam.

Should he repent?
Are you talking about yourself?

I find it humorous in a strange way that people like you think that you present some sort of unsolvable problem.

What you do is playground material. Grow up.