Is constant confession needed for forgiveness?

Jamie Gigliotti

The question avoids what God desires for us. From Paul's mouth, which agrees with justification and reconciliation and repentance (turning to God and away from sin) and Jesus's words.

"Now this I say, and testify in the Lord, that you must no longer walk as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their minds. They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart. They have become callous and have given themselves up to sensuality, greedy to practice every kind of impurity. But that is not the way you learned Christ!--assuming that you have heard about Him and were taught in Him, as the truth is in Jesus, to put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness." Ephesians 4:17-24

A life of more of Him and less of ourselves..

glassjester

I'm sure you understand. We could speak of more concrete examples, if you'd like.

A man converts to Christianity. He tells everyone he knows that he is now a member of the body of Christ.

Five years later, on a Tuesday, he cheats on his wife, murders his children, mugs an old lady, and starts selling heroin to pregnant women. And worst of all, he converts to Islam.

Does this mean...

A) He is now cut off from the body of Christ, or

B) He really never was a member of the body of Christ.

No response from RD.

NM? JZ?

jzeidler

I'm sure you understand. We could speak of more concrete examples, if you'd like.

A man converts to Christianity. He tells everyone he knows that he is now a member of the body of Christ.

Five years later, on a Tuesday, he cheats on his wife, murders his children, mugs an old lady, and starts selling heroin to pregnant women. And worst of all, he converts to Islam.

Does this mean...

God is more powerful and the cross is totally cleansing and at the cross Jesus took all our sin and gave us his righteousness and in the new covenant God doesn't take our sins into account and just as Jesus is now so are we in this world. Go watch the video I posted in previous comments. Both your A&B might be wrong because the cross is more powerful than sin and how we see other people. People can choose to listen to God or ignore him. But if I had to choose I would say that B might be a logical answer though I don't feel confident judging someone's eternal standing.

glassjester

God is more powerful and the cross is totally cleansing and at the cross Jesus took all our sin and gave us his righteousness and in the new covenant God doesn't take our sins into account and just as Jesus is now so are we in this world. Go watch the video I posted in previous comments. Both your A&B might be wrong because the cross is more powerful than sin and how we see other people. People can choose to listen to God or ignore him. But if I had to choose I would say that B might be a logical answer though I don't feel confident judging someone's eternal standing.

I appreciate your answer, sincerely.

I'm interested to know, if it's neither A nor B, what other possibilities are there?

elohiym

This thread is not about your perversion (1 Co 6:9-10). :vomit: Take it up with Almighty God at the Great White Throne (Re 20:11). :burnlib:

Don't help "...the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night..."

See Psalm 109. It was written by a polygamist.

jzeidler

I appreciate your answer, sincerely.

I'm interested to know, if it's neither A nor B, what other possibilities are there?

The person could be going through a really rough time in his life and chose to ignore God. A son can go through a bad time and choose to ignore his dad. Just because he does that it doesn't mean that he is no longer a son.

john w

Hall of Fame
"Ro 7:15 — For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.

All of us can relate to the fierce internal struggle that Paul describes. Until we stand in Jesus’ presence, we will all experience this battle. The only way to win it is by joyfully tapping into the Spirit’s overcoming power." Stanley, C. F. (2005). The Charles F. Stanley life principles Bible: New King James Version (Ro 7:15). Nashville, TN: Nelson Bibles.

"Ro 7:15 understand. This refers to knowledge that goes beyond the factual and includes the idea of an intimate relationship (cf. Gal. 4:9). By extension, this word was sometimes used to express approving or accepting (cf. 1 Cor. 8:3). That is its sense here, i.e., Paul found himself doing things he did not approve of.

7:16 I agree with the law that it is good. Paul’s new nature defends the divine standard—the perfectly righteous law is not responsible for his sin (v. 12). His new self longs to honor the law and keep it perfectly (v. 22)." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1706). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

What sin/sins?

Lay out the sins, for which your probation officer, fake saviour, did not die.

Tell us he did not condemn sin in the flesh.

Go ahead.

And McArthur is a wolf, in sheep's clothing, "preaching" the satanic "Lordship 'Salvation''" "doctrine."

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The person could be going through a really rough time in his life and chose to ignore God. A son can go through a bad time and choose to ignore his dad. Just because he does that it doesn't mean that he is no longer a son.

If you leave God out of your life and don't come back, you are no longer will inherit God's kingdom.

Jesus says to be faithful to Him until the end, and this kind of verse you have been dismissing.

It is a grave sin to spread half truth gospel.

You see, if you have been asking for forgiveness daily, you will not leave your God.

glassjester

That's a good point.

Can this be reconciled with the verse quoted by Nick M?
Namely, that a member of the BOC is free of sin.

Do you agree that the hypothetical man is a sinner?

elohiym

But if a member of the BOC cannot sin, then either the hypothetical sinner has been removed from the BOC, or he never really was a member of it.

What do think is meant by "cannot sin?"

When I say I cannot commit idolatry I mean I can't believe in one God and many at the same time. My belief in one God precludes the idolatrous belief. By believing in God I am completely free from the sin of believing in multiple gods. It's not that I tried to not commit idolatry, or I'm struggling against a false belief of many gods; rather I just believed a truth and became incapable of believing a lie. My ceasing from that sin was entirely an act of faith, not a work of the law.

If that was the only sin, one could easily understand how a person can completely cease from sin through faith (not works) and never lose their salvation. By the expression "never lose their salvation" I mean the eternal security that Jesus describes in the last type of person revealed in the parable of the sower explained.

glassjester

What do think is meant by "cannot sin?"

When I say I cannot commit idolatry I mean I can't believe in one God and many at the same time. My belief in one God precludes the idolatrous belief. By believing in God I am completely free from the sin of believing in multiple gods. It's not that I tried to not commit idolatry, or I'm struggling against a false belief of many gods; rather I just believed a truth and became incapable of believing a lie. My ceasing from that sin was entirely an act of faith, not a work of the law.

If that was the only sin, one could easily understand how a person can completely cease from sin through faith (not works) and never lose their salvation. By the expression "never lose their salvation" I mean the eternal security that Jesus describes in the last type of person revealed in the parable of the sower explained.

How about my hypothetical Christian-then-Muslim convert?

He now denies Christ - is he still a member? or no longer a member? or never was a member?

I don't see any other possibilities.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It is a grave sin to spread half truth gospel.

[/B]

However, you reject most of the Bible? You only trust in
Matthew, Mark, Luke and sometimes John? You also
have said that, The Apostle Paul is an anti-Christ.

How do you explain this contradiction relating to the
Gospel?

Right Divider

Body part

Does this mean...

What does "converts to Christianity" mean?

You see.... that's your issue. You do not understand what the Bible actually teaches. "Converting to Christianity" is a completely meaningless endeavor.