Is constant confession needed for forgiveness?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
It's not to you Matthew 15:24 KJV, Romans 15:8 KJV but you wrongly apply it to yourself as Catholics often do. Why don't you believe the testimony of Paul written TO us that all of our trespasses are forgiven (Colossians 2:13 KJV)?

I believe Jesus and paul

there is no difference in what they say

lifeisgood

my beliefs are consistent with the vast majority of christians

Not a good way to go.

The majority of christians are blinder than a bat.

If you don't believe me all you have to do is look at the elections going on right now and who they are voting for.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Hey everyone. I have a challenge for you. Everyone has been taught that in order to be forgiven after you're a Christian you have to confess your sins constantly and repent of them. Can anyone find me 5 bible verses, in the New Testament, after Jesus was crucified to support constant confession in order to gain forgiveness?
Elects are forgiven constantly at high speed,
too fast for you to see. You missed it

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Of course, you are showing loyalty to your Lord.

Lord honor all His loyal servants.

His Father loves those who honor His Son.

Loyalty to your Lord is just fruit of Spirit.

If we don't produce fruit, Jesus will chop down and burn it.

Do you need reference for this?

blessings.

No thank you. I'm very picky who I share Scripture with or who I listen to share it even more so. It's nothing personal.

I think that the Spirit of Christ dwells in very few people . As the result , Christ is not theirs and His Word is not their either. They are building their understandings outside of Christ and His Word , stuck at the point of them being drawn by the Father. Their stuck their (happily it seems) because they refuse to live by saving "Faith", which is surrendering their life and will to Jesus continually. This surrender starts, maintains, and finishes our relationship with God here on earth.

But I'm rooting for them always, with action.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No thank you. I'm very picky who I share Scripture with or who I listen to share it even more so. It's nothing personal.

I think that the Spirit of Christ dwells in very few people . As the result , Christ is not theirs and His Word is not their either. They are building their understandings outside of Christ and His Word , stuck at the point of them being drawn by the Father. Their stuck their (happily it seems) because they refuse to live by saving "Faith", which is surrendering their life and will to Jesus continually. This surrender starts, maintains, and finishes our relationship with God here on earth.

But I'm rooting for them always, with action.

what's your point?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
By believing. It's that simple but you didn't see it

Anyone who places their faith in Christ as their Savior, gets saved
that way. That's not just part of a Calvinist belief system. The
difference between the Calvinist and the average believer is,
the Calvinist believes he/she was chosen as part of the "Elect"
before the foundation of the world whereas, the average believer
hears the Gospel of his/her salvation and places their faith in
Christ as their Savior, without being chosen from before the
foundation of the world.

You guys believe you were chosen, we who trust in the "Grace
Gospel" (Paul's Gospel) believe we, out of our free-will placed
our faith in Christ.

heir

TOL Subscriber
God gave the elects to Jesus and he saved them

That's not the gospel of your salvation. We are fellowheirs and of the same Body and partaker of Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV); that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) It is the gospel by which we are saved (1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV)! There is an order and it is to trust the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV). No trusting the Lord after hearing and believing the good news that is the power of God to save you (Romans 1:16 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV), no salvation!

musterion

Salvation is the mark of election. If one holds that one can not know one is saved, or if one holds to a salvation that can be lost, then one would have to wait until the end to find out.

You've been told this before but if your basic assumption is true, you can't know you're saved because you can't know you were elected to be saved. Belief that one has been justified through having believed the Gospel can prove nothing since fall-away tares [reprobates] can and will believe that as well.