Is constant confession needed for forgiveness?

jzeidler

All I can say is that when I was in the world, going to hell in a beautiful rosy-colored hand basked, Satan, NEVER condemned me for being lost.

NOW, that the Lord is His infinite mercy and grace decided to save me, wash me, cleanse me, transfer me to His beloved Son's kingdom, give me freedom, I am told by SOME so-called followers of Paul, that I am going to hell in a beautiful rosy-colored hand basked.

The irony of it all.

For the record, since the Lord has saved me, washed me, cleansed me, and I understood Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary as Paul teaches me, I have NEVER felt condemnation from the Lord.

Now, from SOME so-called brethren and sisters in the Lord in these our TOL battling grounds all I hear is condemnation and the sad part is that they don't even realize that they are condemning brothers and sisters in the same Lord they serve.

I wonder sometimes what Paul would say about the condemnation being dished out to his brothers and sisters in the Lord in his own name. I'll have to ask him some day.

This was a really good post. And you're right, Christians battle each other too much. I've been reading some of your posts on this thread and others and I think we probably have a good amount of beliefs in common. Granted no one will believe everything the same but it is obvious to me that you hold the cross in high regards and I love seeing brothers doing that. Thanks for discussing on this thread with me and others.

lifeisgood

This was a really good post. And you're right, Christians battle each other too much. I've been reading some of your posts on this thread and others and I think we probably have a good amount of beliefs in common. Granted no one will believe everything the same but it is obvious to me that you hold the cross in high regards and I love seeing brothers doing that. Thanks for discussing on this thread with me and others.

Thank you jzeidler.

Right Divider

Body part
So, let's see if I understand.

You, jzeidler, is telling me, lifeisgood, that I, lifeisgood, can go to you, jzeidler, and insult you until you are blue on the face with misunderstanding as to the why of the insult coming from me, just because I feel like it, and it is OK with jzeidler, that I don't even bat an eye about it and I just gloat that I went and insulted you?

And God will be so pleased with me insulting you, right, because, you know, how it goes, God has died on the Cross of Calvary so that I can freely continue to sin? Thank you for the lesson.
Grace is NOT a "license to sin".
Rom 6:14-15 KJV For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. (15) What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.​
If you are saved by His grace, you would not believe that "license to sin" nonsense.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Hey everyone. I have a challenge for you. Everyone has been taught that in order to be forgiven after you're a Christian you have to confess your sins constantly and repent of them. Can anyone find me 5 bible verses, in the New Testament, after Jesus was crucified to support constant confession in order to gain forgiveness?

I understand your question, and it's relevant to those who in Christ.

The perfect example of what one aspect is in a Christian state of being is Rom. 7:14-21.

In this Scripture, Paul defines that state as it's not him doing the sinning anymore, (Sanctification or separation) the Greek texts provide an understanding of a specific state of where we have been separated out from among our sinful nature. By the same token, we are not to take responsibility for anything good either. The Holy Spirit in us is making that happen.

So you may ask. What are we doing in all this?

We are "Faithing" Surrendering our lives to either The holy Spirit in us, or our sinful nature still in us. We are simply onlookers watching the Holy Spirit and our sinful natures "Warring over us." The Greek language paints a perfect picture of this. Rom 7:14-21 is usually hurdled over by most teachers out there, because it would contradict the sin club they beat their congregation into with.

What does this have to do with The Lords prayer(that's not for the Lord) ? No, we don't "need" to ask for forgiveness through the Lords prayer. But we do have to surrender our lives to Him continually. That's what pisteuo is.

I just say the Lords prayer, because I like it! There's more in it than repentance. "Thy kingdom come" "thy will be done" "on earth as it is in heaven." Daily bread, by continual surrender it covers surrender and daily bread. I guess I say it as my own traditional act.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I just say the Lords prayer, because I like it! There's more in it than repentance. "Thy kingdom come" "thy will be done" "on earth as it is in heaven." Daily bread, by continual surrender it covers surrender and daily bread. I guess I say it as my own traditional act.

Jesus said it to pray this way:

"Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our tress passes as we forgive those who trespass against us."

It is perfect humble prayer from our Lord. It is daily prayer.

Why question it? it is just mind boggling.

lifeisgood

Rom 6:14-15 KJV For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. (15) What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.​
If you are saved by His grace, you would not believe that "license to sin" nonsense.

:confused:

Where have I said that?

Oh, I get it.
You did not understand the sarcasm.
I beg your forgiveness for not having an emoticom. Tambora was kind enough to provide me with a few.
So, here it is.
sarcasm_zpsyhibrsjs.png

At least jzeidler, to whom I was responding, understood the sarcasm without the emoticom.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

Not one of your OT prophets ever paid for their own sins.

The perfect Lamb sacrificed over the Altar COVERED their sins, but they couldn’t pay for anything, they had to bring the sacrifice and place their hands over the sacrifice and the sacrifice took their place over the Altar.

Get saved, Ben Masada and then you will understand what your own Scriptures says about the suffering Redeemer who already came and the Lion of the Tribe of Judah returning in glory and power.

No, the Prophets of the Most High were no liars. They were speaking for the Lord when they said that no one could pay or sacrifice himself for the sins of another. There is nothing you can say to unsay what they said. So, you better get in tune with what the message of the Prophets brought through.

lifeisgood

No, the Prophets of the Most High were no liars. They were speaking for the Lord when they said that no one could pay or sacrifice himself for the sins of another. There is nothing you can say to unsay what they said.

But they did bring the perfect sacrifice to the Altar so their sins could be covered or maybe you have a verse that says they were exempted from bringing the perfect sacrifice to the Altar so their sins could be covered.

So, the perfect sacrifice over the Altar took their place and the blood covered their sins.

jzeidler

Amen! The Holy Spirit is in us moving is to act as sons. Why would we act as slaves and roll in the pig pen when we have a place in the palace?

Ben Masada

But they did bring the perfect sacrifice to the Altar so their sins could be covered or maybe you have a verse that says they were exempted from bringing the perfect sacrifice to the Altar so their sins could be covered.

So, the perfect sacrifice over the Altar took their place and the blood covered their sins.

Whatever you insist on what you want it to mean, Prophet Jeremiah declared that the Lord never commanded that animal sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel as the Decalogue was the nucleus of the whole Law and the Prophets. (Jer. 7:22)

lifeisgood

Whatever you insist on what you want it to mean, Prophet Jeremiah declared that the Lord never commanded that animal sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel as the Decalogue was the nucleus of the whole Law and the Prophets. (Jer. 7:22)

So, you're denying Passover. Got it.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Jesus said it to pray this way:

"Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our tress passes as we forgive those who trespass against us."

It is perfect humble prayer from our Lord. It is daily prayer.

Why question it? it is just mind boggling.

The OP was do we need to say the Lords prayer for forgiveness , right? The answer is no, not in my understanding.

Remember, Christ had not yet sacrificed Himself yet. So they being Jewish were probably still making animal sacrifices too.

I say the Lords prayer to talk to God, and because I like it. But Faithing in Christ is surrendering our lives to Him, not a list of do's and don'ts.

lifeisgood

The OP was do we need to say the Lords prayer for forgiveness , right? The answer is no, not in my understanding.

Remember, Christ had not yet sacrificed Himself yet. So they being Jewish were probably still making animal sacrifices too.

I say the Lords prayer to talk to God, and because I like it. But Faithing in Christ is surrendering our lives to Him, not a list of do's and don'ts.

Not for meshak.

She is tired and heavy laden and does not permit the Lord to give her the rest He has already purchased and paid for at the Cross of Calvary.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Not for meshak.

She is tired and heavy laden and does not permit the Lord to give her the rest He has already purchased and paid for at the Cross of Calvary.

Well the Word does say, His burden is light, but it's still a burden. Also my yoke is easy, but it's still a yoke.

But the burden and yoke we have following Christ is "Faith." Faith the verb (Faithing, Faither, to Faithe) is an action, based upon a belief , sustained by confidence. The action is, VINES: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." Surrender what? Our lives! The Greek word Pisteuo, mistranslated into English with the words believe, believer, and believing, this word is used 248 times in the Gospels alone. So theres anything but rest involed in faithing into Christ.

But This "Faithing or pisteuo" surrendering our lives to God isn't a work that replaces Grace. And neither will Grace, Christs work, replace Faithing or pisteuo.

Salvation is by Grace, Through Faith.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...[W]e need to confess our sins.
2 Corinthians walk into a bar. One says to the other: What do you get when you attempt to separate one 'fire of God' from the other 'fire of God' in covenant?

A consuming fire (Ge 1:27, 2:24, Ex 24:17, Eph 5:21).

Too bad you never got the mystery (Eph 5:32).

11_9_15.gif

Too bad. :chz4brnz:

I'm going back to Cali. :zman: You go back to Egypt (Ge 37:25–30). :reals:

Jesus loves you (Jn 3:16). Jesus is willing to save you (2 Pe 3:9). Repent (Eze 18:30-32; Ac 17:30). Believe (Mk 9:23).

As a reminder Meshak is number 17 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

Last edited:

lifeisgood

Well the Word does say, His burden is light, but it's still a burden. Also my yoke is easy, but it's still a yoke.

But the burden and yoke we have following Christ is "Faith." Faith the verb (Faithing, Faither, to Faithe) is an action, based upon a belief , sustained by confidence. The action is, VINES: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." Surrender what? Our lives! The Greek word Pisteuo, mistranslated into English with the words believe, believer, and believing, this word is used 248 times in the Gospels alone. So theres anything but rest involed in faithing into Christ.

But This "Faithing or pisteuo" surrendering our lives to God isn't a work that replaces Grace. And neither will Grace, Christs work, replace Faithing or pisteuo.

Salvation is by Grace, Through Faith.

You haven't been here long have you?