Is constant confession needed for forgiveness?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I must say I don't believe that an all powerful God tires at all and instead I believe that He has the patience and understanding to hear all and every request no matter how small or insignificant they may be.
The point is, that it is unbelief. Why are you requesting something from God that you already have? It
Remember Christ said not to keep the Children from Him, so why then when asking for forgiveness would God tire of hearing from His children?
You are taking that which was and will be for Israel and applying it to yourself. You shouldn't do that.
Is it really unbelief to request something you already have?
Yes, you are requesting that your sins be forgiven as if sins are still an issue, but they are not (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV).
For example, we know we have God's Love, we believe this, and yet we continue to ask God for more of His Love, because we believe, because we have learnt to appreciate Him and His Love...how is this unbelief?
I don't ask God for more love. Where does that notion come from. I know that God loves and even more importantly loved me ((Ephesiasn 2:4-9 KJV).
Also God is Love, and Love enjoys fellowship and sharing.
John 4:24 KJV It is not truthful to say you believe you are forgiven all trespasses and then in the next breath confess unbelief by asking for something you already have.
I also remember reading a passage in the Bible, I forget now the exact passage, but it spoke about how when we ask God for something it pleases Him, when we ask Him for help, when we turn to Him, we are showing that we do believe in Him, we are putting our trust in Him, we are saying I know you have saved me, and having done so I ask for you to remove any fear or doubt and in doing so save me once again.
Not sure what you are talking about here. :nono:

heir

TOL Subscriber
True we are forgiven by His Grace and Mercy, but I believe we are required to show some form of humility on our part, in the end it is about our personal relationship with God.
There is no BUT attached to God's grace and mercy! Salvation is by God's grace (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV). And it is according to His mercy that He saved us (Titus 3:5 KJV)
That said, I don't believe any one person can judge another's heart or say that they do or do not believe in God.
What someone has to say about God and salvation is a good indicator of whether or not that person is saved.

I believe only God knows the hearts of His children and has the right to judge this.
God tells us how He shall judge the secrets of men and that is by Jesus Christ according to Paul's gospelv (Romans 2:16 KJV).
A person may perhaps point out where another might work to deepen their faith but I don't think it right for that person to state outright that another is a believer or not simply because that other person does not think or believe the same way they do. No?
Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17 KJV). If someone's "faith" is in a list of religious things they have done/religious hoops they have jumped through; it is evident that they are not saved!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
-so why not just call yourself a calvinist?

Calvinism is a theological foundation. It is not a church or body in and of itself, but adopted by churches. My church is Reformed Baptist, which holds to Calvinist doctrine and Baptist ordinance.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Going around challenging people with "I'm saved. Are you?"-- to a professed Christian-- exemplifies your attitude perfectly.
I know I am saved, but I can't speak for others (especially those I've just started to talk to). The best way to find out is to ask. Your opinion of me aside, it is a loving question. I await Arianadia's reply. And just because someone says they are a Christian does not mean that they are saved. There are church pews around the world filled with "Christians" that are lost.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Calvinism is a theological foundation. It is not a church or body in and of itself, but adopted by churches. My church is Reformed Baptist, which holds to Calvinist doctrine and Baptist ordinance.

what tells us more about yourself?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I know I am saved, but I can't speak for others (especially those I've just started to talk to). The best way to find out is to ask. Your opinion of me aside, it is a loving question. I await Arianadia's reply. And just because someone says they are a Christian does not mean that they are saved. There are church pews around the world filled with "Christians" that are lost.

You're just going around punching people with that Mad decoder ring on your finger :rolleyes:

Asking that question to people who are already Christian is just insulting.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Asking that question to people who are already Christian is just insulting.
No, asking those who call themselves Christians if they are saved is loving. God has chosen the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe (1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV). I have good news to share with those who may be in bondage to a religious system that identifies itself as "Christian"/"Christianity", but is hiding the gospel from them in one way or another. To ask someone if they are saved can get to the heart of the matter of salvation quickly and that too is loving as we are not guaranteed our next breath, minute or hour on this earth. Eternity is a long time. Are you saved?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I have good news to share with those who may be in bondage to a religious system that identifies itself as "Christian"/"Christianity"

It's just judgement masquerading as something else.

'Religion' vs 'heirism'- pick the right one or be a doomed slave!
Bunch of nonsense which started in the 1800's- it's just guaranteed widespread heresy.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It's just judgement masquerading as something else.

'Religion' vs 'heirism'- pick the right one or be a doomed slave!
Bunch of nonsense which started in the 1800's- it's just guaranteed widespread heresy.
No, it's religion vs. salvation.
the yoke of bondage vs. freedom in Christ
law vs. grace
prophecy vs. mystery

All those things you wrong dividers hate as you rebel against 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

I think Baptists are Calvinists too.

am I wrong?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
No, it's religion vs. salvation.
the yoke of bondage vs. freedom in Christ

What do you think religious institutions are, Hell camps :freak:

This is all just the Madist's way of trying to indoctrinate others into their interpretation.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I think Baptists are Calvinists too.

am I wrong?

Baptists are a diverse church. Unlike Presbyterianism, there's not much of a 'center'. However, because they are older than Methodists and such, they tend to be rooted more in the original Protestant ideologies, which were primarily built on varying degrees of predestination.
It took a while for Arminian-based churches to gain speed, as they were really just a result of opposition to Luther and Calvin after the fact of protest against the Catholic Church.