Is constant confession needed for forgiveness?

musterion

The believer's POSITION is SECURE in Him.

Agreed.

What the Lord is working on is our CONDITION that needs to be CONFORMED to our SECURE POSITION in Him. Why is this so hard for SOME to understand?Our position and our condition in Him is not the same thing.
Isn't that what I just said?

Question for you.

Can the believer's walk/condition HERE ever affect his position in Christ THERE? Most on TOL will say absolutely yes. What do you say?

musterion

I have not found a SARCASTIC emoticom.
Can you show me one so when I am being sarcastic I can incorporate in my comments? Thank you.

Just do what I usually do.

/

Add a slash after the sarcasm. Quicker and easier.

So you were or were not disagreeing with NickM?

lifeisgood

Question for you.

Can the believer's walk/condition HERE ever affect his position in Christ THERE? Most on TOL will say absolutely yes. What do you say?

It AFFECTS our condition/walk here with Him.

SOME brother/sister in the Lord feel so guilty because they know they did something wrong and Satan is condemning them and then they're are told NOT to go to the Lord and say 'Lord, I'm sorry. Please forgive me.'

I say, BECAUSE He has already forgiven me, I don't have to carry that condemnation that Satan brings to a brother/sister, because I can go to Him and tell Him what's going on. He already knows anyway. Why can't I go to Him and talk to Him about how I'm feeling?

I call that Satan's condemnation.
The Lord never condemns His own.

musterion

It AFFECTS our condition/walk here with Him.

I asked if can ever affect our position in Him THERE.

SOME brother/sister in the Lord feel so guilty because they know they did something wrong and Satan is condemning them and then they're are told NOT to go to the Lord and say 'Lord, I'm sorry. Please forgive me.'
Col 2:13

I say, BECAUSE He has already forgiven me, I don't have to carry that condemnation that Satan brings to a brother/sister, because I can go to Him and tell Him what's going on. He already knows anyway. Why can't I go to Him and talk to Him about how I'm feeling?
You can. But confessing what you know He's already forgiven in Christ AND ASKING HIM TO FORGIVE IT ANYWAY demonstrates a lack of faith in what He has said is a fact. I've struggled with that myself. But Paul never once tells believers to confess their sins to God. There's a good reason for that.

Do you practice 1 Jn 1:9?

lifeisgood

Who? MADs? We get it, as do a very few others. Who you talking about?

It is not only here on TOL, I have a few around me also.

It is not about MAD or whatever, it is about the way SOME (it does not matter what title they put over their heads) interpret the Bible and bring condemnation to brothers and sisters in Him.

Ben Masada

It does not matter how often is the confession made, if there is no repentance and return to the obedience of God's Law, there will be no forgiveness.

musterion

It is not only here on TOL, I have a few around me also.

It is not about MAD or whatever, it is about the way SOME (it does not matter what title they put over their heads) interpret the Bible and bring condemnation to brothers and sisters in Him.

Well, if it says what it says, what are we supposed to do? Heretics and those who walk disorderly, we are commanded to mark. We're to rebuke error. Not seeing your problem.

musterion

It does not matter how often is the confession made, if there is no repentance and return to the obedience of God's Law, there will be no forgiveness.

The law cannot help you be forgiven. It has no power to enable you to keep it and you have no such power either. None of us do. The law can do only what it was designed to do: condemn you and point you to the Savior. But you already reject Him and treat His blood as an unholy thing.

lifeisgood

I asked if can ever affect our position in Him THERE.

Col 2:13

You can. But confessing what you know He's already forgiven in Christ AND ASKING HIM TO FORGIVE IT ANYWAY demonstrates a lack of faith in what He has said is a fact. I've struggled with that myself. But Paul never once tells believers to confess their sins to God. There's a good reason for that.

Do you practice 1 Jn 1:9?

OK. Here we go again.

I said it AFFECTS my condition/walk here.
Not my secure POSITION there.

When I feel condemnation here I go to Him and I ask Him to deal with the condemnation here. Does it explain it better?

Why do I go to Him and talk to Him about something I know has been forgiven? Because of the condemnation the enemy brings over me (and not to talk about SOME brethren/sisters).

And I know the Lord said that I can go to Him and talk to Him about anything and so I do.

I find it easier to go and talk to Him about it than to keep carrying something He already took at the Cross of Calvary in my place because the enemy does not want me to go to the Lord so that the Lord takes away the condemnation. The Lord has taken away the power of the enemy, but he is still around condemning the brethren/sisters.

I go to the Lord for my benefit.

Last edited:

PureX

No.
True. But it's a healthy spiritual practice never-the-less.

I don't understand why the descriptor "constant" was used in the opening question. I assume the intended meaning was of confession as an ongoing practice.

lifeisgood

The law only tells you, 'Ben Masada, you are guilty, guilty, guilty, guilty before a Holy God.' Just in case Ben Masada did not understand what the law says about him, the law says Ben Masada is guilty.

The law does not forgive Ben Masada; only accuses Ben Masada.

It matters not how many times Ben Masada goes looking for forgiveness in the law, the law keeps on pointing Ben Masada to the Altar which is the type/shadow of Jesus Christ and what He would do/did at the Cross of Calvary.

Now, all Ben Masada has to do is look to the Cross and accept that the price the law says Ben Masada has to pay and CANNOT, the Lord Jesus Christ has paid in Ben Masada's name.

It is paid, but Ben Masada has to go and get the deed of that payment. That, only Ben Masada can do.