Is constant confession needed for forgiveness?

Ben Masada

The law cannot help you be forgiven. It has no power to enable you to keep it and you have no such power either. None of us do. The law can do only what it was designed to do: condemn you and point you to the Savior. But you already reject Him and treat His blood as an unholy thing.

The Law condemns no one. You are the one who condemn yourself when the Law shows you what you have done. If we had a savior for our transgressions of the Law, there would be no transgressors of the Law. However, we must pay for our transgressions of the Law in order to prevent new transgressions further on. If you read Isaiah 43:3, Yahweh is our only savior.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
Where the SARCASTIC emoticom?
Will one of these do?

desismileys_4368.gif

pigsfly.gif

no-1.gif

sarcasm_zpsyhibrsjs.png

Ben Masada

1 - The law only tells you, 'Ben Masada, you are guilty, guilty, guilty, guilty before a Holy God.' Just in case Ben Masada did not understand what the law says about him, the law says Ben Masada is guilty.

2 - The law does not forgive Ben Masada; only accuses Ben Masada.

3 - It matters not how many times Ben Masada goes looking for forgiveness in the law, the law keeps on pointing Ben Masada to the Altar which is the type/shadow of Jesus Christ and what He would do/did at the Cross of Calvary.

4 - Now, all Ben Masada has to do is look to the Cross and accept that the price the law says Ben Masada has to pay and CANNOT, the Lord Jesus Christ has paid in Ben Masada's name.

5 - It is paid, but Ben Masada has to go and get the deed of that payment. That, only Ben Masada can do.

1 - No, Lifeisgood, to remind one that he or she is guilty is no condemnation but to show that he or she needs to confess, repent and return to the obedience of God's Law. Thanks the Lord for that provision.

2 - Neither will the Lord forgive you without the proper repentance and confession.

3 - Jesus said that once someone went to the Temple to plead for forgiveness of his sins and Jesus warned him to go to whoever he hurt and to ask for forgiveness and only then to return to the Temple with his prayers. (Mat. 5:24)

4 - That's not true at all. The Prophets of the Most High made it very clear that, absolutely, no one can die for the sins of another. Now, imagine if Ben Masada had no knowledge of God's Word! You would make him go guilty-heavy in his conscience but, to walk by sight aka understanding makes all the difference in the world. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

5 - Our sins cannot be paid by any one but ourselves. This Christian doctrine of a man paying for the sins of another, is dangerous and fatal.

Ben Masada

All I can say is that when I was in the world, going to hell in a beautiful rosy-colored hand basked, Satan, NEVER condemned me for being lost.

NOW, that the Lord is His infinite mercy and grace decided to save me, wash me, cleanse me, transfer me to His beloved Son's kingdom, give me freedom, I am told by SOME so-called followers of Paul, that I am going to hell in a beautiful rosy-colored hand basked.

The irony of it all.

For the record, since the Lord has saved me, washed me, cleansed me, and I understood Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary as Paul teaches me, I have NEVER felt condemnation from the Lord.

Now, from SOME so-called brethren and sisters in the Lord in these our TOL battling grounds all I hear is condemnation and the sad part is that they don't even realize that they are condemning brothers and sisters in the same Lord they serve.

I wonder sometimes what Paul would say about the condemnation being dished out to his brothers and sisters in the Lord in his own name. I'll have to ask him some day.

Yahweh will save no one without his or her will to want to. After all man was granted the attribute of Freewill to make of himself the field ready for the seed of HaShem to grow.

jzeidler

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Co_6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

1Jn_3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

1Jn_3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jn_5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

1Jn_5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

1Co_8:12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.

1Co_15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

Gal_2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

1Ti_5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

Heb_3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Heb_10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

1Pe_4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

None of those talk about confessing sin in order to gain forgiveness. They just have the word 'sin' in the verse.

lifeisgood

5 - Our sins cannot be paid by any one but ourselves. This Christian doctrine of a man paying for the sins of another, is dangerous and fatal.

Not one of your OT prophets ever paid for their own sins.

The perfect Lamb sacrificed over the Altar COVERED their sins, but they couldn’t pay for anything, they had to bring the sacrifice and place their hands over the sacrifice and the sacrifice took their place over the Altar.

Get saved, Ben Masada and then you will understand what your own Scriptures says about the suffering Redeemer who already came and the Lion of the Tribe of Judah returning in glory and power.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
And we all need to share it with each other, too.

Thus; to forgive others as we are forgiven. And to seek their forgiveness, in return.

Confession is a part of that process.

Being faithful is all part of process.

jzeidler

Is constant confession needed for forgiveness?

forgive me

but

that was yesterday

And the answer is still the same as it was yesterday. I'm not saying that I don't like the Lord's Prayer. I like it a lot. But that part isn't backed up and fit into the new covenant we are under.