Is constant confession needed for forgiveness?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Crucified means crucified.

Dead means dead.

Died to sin means died to sin.

Died to law means died to law.

Risen in Christ means risen in Christ.

Forgiven all trespasses means forgiven all trespasses.

Alive to God forevermore means alive to God forevermore.

No condemnation means no condemnation.

More can be said but which part of that do you disbelieve?
:up:

I'd like to add:

Complete in Him means complete in Him.

glorydaz

Except that he says I AM chief, not I WAS chief.

Then you might want to try reading the verse in context, since Paul's entire teaching is that he was not presently a sinner.

You should note that BEFORE he received mercy, he was a blasphemer, etc. He considered himself to be at the top (chief) of a list of blasphemers for instance.
Thus, his "I am chief" refers to his standing on a list...not his present state. Why would he have said we were to be imitators of him if he was the chief of sinners? :think:

In nothing was he behind the chiefest apostles.

Corinthians 11:5
For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.

2 Corinthians 12:11
I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.​

This is the chiefest of sinners?

1 Thess. 2:9-10
For ye remember, brethren, our labour and travail: for labouring night and day, because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God. Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:​

How about this?

2 Corinthians 4:1-2
Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

tudorturtl

Hey everyone. I have a challenge for you. Everyone has been taught that in order to be forgiven after you're a Christian you have to confess your sins constantly and repent of them. Can anyone find me 5 bible verses, in the New Testament, after Jesus was crucified to support constant confession in order to gain forgiveness?
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Co_6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
1Jn_3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jn_3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1Jn_5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
1Jn_5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

1Co_8:12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.
1Co_15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.
Gal_2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
1Ti_5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.
Heb_3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb_10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
1Pe_4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

beloved57

Is constant confession needed for forgiveness?

No, not in True Christianity, in fact those Christ died for never have their sins imputed or charged to them, thats a facet of Divine Forgiveness Rom 4:7-8

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

tudorturtl

No, not in True Christianity, in fact those Christ died for never have their sins imputed or charged to them, thats a facet of Divine Forgiveness Rom 4:7-8

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

true Christianity is obeying Christs commandments, walking in newness of life, in the light as he is in the light. Me? I stumble and I fall, question is Do I get back up and walk? wide is the gate and easy is the path that leads to destruction, narrow is the gate and difficult the path that leads to salvation. and few are they that find it

Ben Masada

true Christianity is obeying Christs commandments, walking in newness of life, in the light as he is in the light. Me? I stumble and I fall, question is Do I get back up and walk? wide is the gate and easy is the path that leads to destruction, narrow is the gate and difficult the path that leads to salvation. and few are they that find it

Since no one can prove that Jesus brought any new commandment, his commandments were the same as those of "Moses" aka the Law whom he commanded us all to listen to. (Luke 16:29-31)

lifeisgood

Crucified means crucified.

Dead means dead.

Died to sin means died to sin.

Died to law means died to law.

Risen in Christ means risen in Christ.

Forgiven all trespasses means forgiven all trespasses.

Alive to God forevermore means alive to God forevermore.

No condemnation means no condemnation.

Who is saying otherwise?

lifeisgood

All I can say is that when I was in the world, going to hell in a beautiful rosy-colored hand basked, Satan, NEVER condemned me for being lost.

NOW, that the Lord is His infinite mercy and grace decided to save me, wash me, cleanse me, transfer me to His beloved Son's kingdom, give me freedom, I am told by SOME so-called followers of Paul, that I am going to hell in a beautiful rosy-colored hand basked.

The irony of it all.

For the record, since the Lord has saved me, washed me, cleansed me, and I understood Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary as Paul teaches me, I have NEVER felt condemnation from the Lord.

Now, from SOME so-called brethren and sisters in the Lord in these our TOL battling grounds all I hear is condemnation and the sad part is that they don't even realize that they are condemning brothers and sisters in the same Lord they serve.

I wonder sometimes what Paul would say about the condemnation being dished out to his brothers and sisters in the Lord in his own name. I'll have to ask him some day.

beloved57

Sounds like works salvation to me!

musterion

Who is saying otherwise?
You seemed to take issue with NickM when he wrote,
The Holy Spirit does not convict saints in Christ. The carnal mind feels guilt and the weight of the law.
because you responded,
So, you also have never done anything that is displeasing to the Lord, because you are already conformed to the image of His Son.
You implied NickM says his walk here on this earth is perfect (whatever "perfect" means to you). That is not what he said. None of us would.

Those who are in Christ are being conformed to His image...transformed, renewed. That's the believer's state, his condition, his walk. That can and does vary because of the flesh. But it is only WHERE the believer is on this earth -- it is not WHO and WHAT he is in Christ.

The believer's STANDING in Christ; his POSITION in Him; his being SEATED with and in Him in full view of the Father...THAT is who and what he really is. THAT is settled, permanent and perfected. Not because of us but only because HE is perfect.

WHERE the believer is in this world must never...ever...be confused with WHO and WHAT he is in Christ.

OCTOBER23

Joh 8:9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience,

went out one by one, beginning at the eldest,

even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone,

and the woman standing in the midst.

lifeisgood

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Co_6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

1Co_8:12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.
1Co_15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

Gal_2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

1Ti_5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

Heb_3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb_10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Thank you, tudorturtl.

I left only Paul’s because SOME do not believe in John, Peter, Luke, Matthew, etc.
SOME might even question if Paul wrote Hebrews.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You seemed to take issue with NickM when he wrote,because you responded,You implied NickM says his walk here on this earth is perfect (whatever "perfect" means to you). That is not what he said. None of us would.

Those who are in Christ are being conformed to His image...transformed, renewed. That's the believer's state, his condition, his walk. That can and does vary because of the flesh. But it is only WHERE the believer is on this earth -- it is not WHO and WHAT he is in Christ.

The believer's STANDING in Christ; his POSITION in Him; his being SEATED with and in Him in full view of the Father...THAT is who and what he really is. THAT is settled, permanent and perfected. Not because of us but only because HE is perfect.

WHERE the believer is in this world must never...ever...be confused with WHO and WHAT he is in Christ.
:up: great post!

lifeisgood

You seemed to take issue with NickM when he wrote,because you responded,You implied NickM says his walk here on this earth is perfect (whatever "perfect" means to you). That is not what he said. None of us would.

The believer's POSITION is SECURE in Him.

What the Lord is working on is our CONDITION that needs to be CONFORMED to our SECURE POSITION in Him.

Why is this so hard for SOME to understand?
Our position and our condition in Him is not the same thing.