Is constant confession needed for forgiveness?

glorydaz

You are confusing things to badly that I cannot communicate with you.

A person that believes EXACTLY like me will NEVER "convert to" anything.

Praise the Lord.

And I believe you could just as confidently say you would NEVER rape someone. That is confidence in the Lord Jesus Christ and HIS power to keep us.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you think that once you're saved, you're always saved, unless you fall away, then you're always damned?

In circumcision after Pentecost, yes. Do you deny what the author of Hebrews clearly states?

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

So you are saying the Holy Spirit filled author was wrong. It is possible. You preach a false gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
oh, yep, oh, holy one.

I read this somewhere, but can't remember where:

Failure to confess our sins does not alter our eternal security, but it interferes with, and greatly hinders, our fellowship with the Father. That is indeed a costly mistake.

Purposeful sin in our life can also bring about "Discipline."

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Perfect example of when the convicting power of the Holy Spirit falls upon a Christian and the Christian rejects it.

The Holy Spirit does not convict saints in Christ. The carnal mind feels guilt and the weight of the law.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
In circumcision after Pentecost, yes. Do you deny what the author of Hebrews clearly states?

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

So you are saying the Holy Spirit filled author was wrong. It is possible. You preach a false gospel.

And, as you and I know, Hebrews wasn't written to us. It was written
to the Hebrews.

jzeidler

Is constant confession needed for forgiveness?

What part of this statement do you not understand?

We are eternally secure in Christ. Failure to confess our sins does not alter our eternal security, but it interferes with, and greatly hinders, our fellowship with the Father. That is indeed a costly mistake.

BECAUSE of the convicting power of the Holy Spirit.

Where is your post-cross scriptural back up for your claims?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[What sin/sins?, keeping short accounts with God 1 Jn 1:9] Wolfie. Rat.

Poor Johnny one note.
default_guitar_mood.gif
Tit 3:9

"If you've broken any of the Commandments two through nine, you've also broken the first commandment because you've just distanced yourself from God." ~ Bob Enyart Lk 10:27, Mal 4:4-6

Last edited:

lifeisgood

Where is your post-cross scriptural back up for your claims?

What part of this statement do you need that I explain?

We are eternally secure in Christ. Failure to confess our sins does not alter our eternal security, but it interferes with, and greatly hinders, our fellowship with the Father. That is indeed a costly mistake.

lifeisgood

I'd like you to demonstrate this from the writings of our apostle Paul and NOT from the Hebrew scriptures. John, Peter, James ... were all apostles of the 12 tribes of Israel and the doctrine is NOT the same. Same Christ; different dispensation.

Oh, your Bible only contains 14 epistles and only one Apostle.
Thank you for letting me know.

lifeisgood

I'd like you to demonstrate this from the writings of our apostle Paul and NOT from the Hebrew scriptures. John, Peter, James ... were all apostles of the 12 tribes of Israel and the doctrine is NOT the same. Same Christ; different dispensation.

So you're denying the convicting power of the Holy Spirit in your life. Got it.

You are acknowledging that you have never had a bad thought since Christ has saved you. Got it.

I guess Paul was also a bad Christian making a bad confession of 'I am the worst of sinners.' (1 Timothy 1:15) Bad Paul. Bad Paul.

I guess, you who think you have never done anything wrong after Jesus has saved you, would be reprimanding Paul for confessing negatively.

Last edited:

glorydaz

You are acknowledging that you have never had a bad though since Christ has saved you. Got it.

I guess Paul was also a bad Christian making a bad confession of 'I am the worst of sinners.' (1 Timothy 1:15) Bad Paul. Bad Paul.

I guess, you who think you have never done anything wrong after Jesus has saved you, would be reprimanding Paul for confessing negatively.

The word is CHIEF....not "worst". Chief being first or foremost...in this case a "pattern".

1 Tim. 1:15-16
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

jzeidler

What part of this statement do you need that I explain?

I know. Where is your post-crucifixion scripture to back up, "it interferes with, and greatly hinders, our fellowship with the Father." Can you show me that in scripture please?

Right Divider

Body part
Oh, your Bible only contains 14 epistles and only one Apostle.
Thank you for letting me know.
You do know that your statement is just a classic statement of false logic, right?

If you can't tell what God has PROGRESSIVELY revealed, then you have no place telling anyone what the Bible means.

Do you really think that Jesus was preaching the gospel of the grace of God while He was on earth ministering to Israel?

Oh, that's right. You think that there is only one "good news" in the Bible.

There are 66 books in the Bible. I can learn from them ALL, but they do NOT all contain instructions for the body of Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
The Holy Spirit led me to Christ.

You are acknowledging that you have never had a bad though since Christ has saved you. Got it.
Did the Lord Jesus Christ miss a sin when He died on the cross?

Paul is talking about himself BEFORE he meet Christ on the road to Damascus. In other words: BEFORE HE WAS SAVED.

This idea of "constant confession of sins" is typical of a man focused religion. It focuses on what YOU do and on YOUR sins. Your focus should be on the Lord Jesus Christ and what HE did for YOUR sin!

Last edited:

musterion

Constant confession would make sense only to one with a defiled conscience who knows his sin is yet counted against him by God...one who does not know, or does not believe, he can be fully forgiven all sin. One can only believe that if one first believes Christ's death did not deal with his sin in toto. Because it either did or it didn't. Paul says it did (Col 2:13); Christendom has long said it didn't. Most people side with Christendom.

His only option, then, would be to have faith in his confessive act itself as having merit; that his WORK of confessing sins is enough to warrant God's forgiveness of his sins, on a sin by sin basis. Whether he goes to a priest or confesses his sins himself makes no difference. His confession avails nothing but damnation.

Ben Masada

There are Christians who think they no longer sin. So have nothing to confess. And there are Christians who think they don't have to confess their sins because they are "saved" regardless of their sins. They basically can do whatever they want and their sins won't be held against them.

But the people who believe in confessing their sins usually do so because they are seeking absolution, and a chance to do better. Which is really what forgiveness is all about. The whole point of grace, and forgiveness, is that through them we are constantly being given another chance to live by the holy spirit instead of by our own selfish desires.

So I would say that logically, if we believe in the gift of forgiveness, we should use that gift as it was intended: as a way of gaining a new chance at living life in Christ, instead of in selfishness. And then when we fail at that quest, as we so often do, we can acknowledge that failure (confess it) and be forgiven of it, so that we can always try again.

Hi PureX, you say above that, "As a way of gaining a new chance at living life in Christ, instead of in selfishness..." I have a question here. How can one have a living life with the dead? As you know the Jew that Jesus was, he is today a dead man. How can we have a living life with Jesus who cannot have a living life with himself?

PureX

The act of confession is not for the sake of gaining God's forgiveness, it's for the sake of gaining our own. And of remembering the importance of forgiving others, as we also need to be forgiven, by them. Without this, sin becomes nonchalant, and forgiveness becomes assumed, but not actualized.

Ever notice that it's the Christians who think they are forgiven forever and automatically, no matter what they do, that tend to judge and condemn others most often and easily? And hold grudges most emphatically? I think it's because they don't believe they have to practice the gift of forgiveness. They don't have to bother recognizing their own sins because they figure they're automatically erased, anyway. They don't need the forgiveness of others, they think, because they figure God has already forgiven them. And since they don't need the forgiveness of others, they don't need to bother forgiving others, either.

When we take forgiveness for granted, as many Christians do, we tend to forget about the spiritual importance of it. While the act of having to confess our sins keeps us aware of our constant need of the gift of forgiveness, and of others constant need of it, too. It keeps us participating in the gift, and in the healing that comes with it.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Ever notice that it's the Christians who think they are forgiven forever and automatically, no matter what they do, that tend to judge and condemn others most often and easily?

:think:

purex, on me, demonstrating how not to judge and condemn others:
He craves attention like an addict craves dope. And he's learned that it's easy to generate negative attention from others by posting annoying and outrageous comments. When that wears off, he has to keep beating the subject over and over and over and over, to get that attention that he so desperately needs. And every time you people rise to his bait, you enable his sickness.

He's like a black hole of negative energy: always trying to draw it out of everyone who comes in contact with him, yet he never gets his fill. He's a sick individual who will do nothing to try and get better. The best thing we can do for him is put him on ignore. Otherwise we're just feeding his endless craving for attention; negative attention being the easiest for him to generate from others.

or maybe not

dude, i was so hoping that santa wuz gonna bring you a mirror for Christmas :(