Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

• Total voters

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
NUMBER OF POSTS TO THREADS ON ABORTION AND HOMOS: at least 27

NUMBER OF POSTS TO THREADS ON JESUS' SPEECH AND DEEDS RECORDED IN THE FOUR GOSPELS: only 1-25 or so

beanieboy

Agape4Robin said:
Anyone notice that since Knight posted the Focus Group thread, beanieboy has been absent? :think:

I've been busy - Cinco de Mayo, I have an African Dance class, studying for the GRE, etc.

But I've started posting.

beanieboy

Frank Ernest said:
And :beanboy: still = :flamer:

The name calling isn't working, huh? That's a shame.

As for me, if anyone started sharing the "love of Jesus" through angry speech, name calling, threats, etc., I would assume that they didn't know the 1st thing about Jesus, and just smile and wait until they were done throwing their tantrum, and walk off.

On Fire

beanieboy said:
The name calling isn't working, huh? That's a shame.

As for me, if anyone started sharing the "love of Jesus" through angry speech, name calling, threats, etc., I would assume that they didn't know the 1st thing about Jesus, and just smile and wait until they were done throwing their tantrum, and walk off.

How can one person be so right AND so wrong at the same time?

beanieboy

Which part do you think I'm right about?

Fred Phelps gets angry - angry for God, of course. He protests funerals to save other people from hell. He says he does it to stand up for right and wrong.

But almost everyone here, including christians, think he's nuts.
But his techniques are very similar. And I've found that the opposite happens - that people start feeling empathy for the cruel behavior of Phelps, and begin to side with gay people. Even if they believe homosexuality is a sin, they begin to empathize with how it must feel to go to a funeral and have someone protesting and saying the deceased die, as if gays are treated as inhuman.

I suppose that it karma.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Keep an eye on the national opinion polls. I think this is happening on the larger stage as I post.

Christian believers have an excellent opportunity now to get acquainted with the biblical scholarship most seminary grads and self-appointed clergy are so deft at side-stepping when they start orgainizing their little choirs and preaching to them.

beanieboy

I found it interesting to read How to quit Religion without Quitting God. The author, a devout christian, encourages christians to leave the church because he believes they are lost, yet maintain a brotherhood with other, well, christian outcasts. Very interesting take, but the first time I ever considered that the Good News is actually good.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I found it interesting to read How to quit Religion without Quitting God. The author, a devout christian, encourages christians to leave the church because he believes they are lost, yet maintain a brotherhood with other, well, christian outcasts. Very interesting take, but the first time I ever considered that the Good News is actually good.
Anyone who encourages you to leave the church because they are lost, yet to maintain "brotherhood" with a bunch of other outcasts--Well, that might certainly get you crucified!

Is it harder to be black or gay? Must be harder to be gay, because in that case you don't have to tell your parents you're black!

LightSon

beanieboy said:

It is too simplistic to lump all churches together for dismissal. Most organizations that call themselves a "church" understand little about the Biblical Jesus and what their priorities ought to be.

This obvervation is no excuse to cast off scripture and God's will that His people assemble themselves together. While imperfect, there are Christ-honoring, Bible-believing churches out there. A true disciple of Christ will find such a church and get involved.

beanieboy

LightSon said:
It is too simplistic to lump all churches together for dismissal. Most organizations that call themselves a "church" understand little about the Biblical Jesus and what their priorities ought to be.

This obvervation is no excuse to cast off scripture and God's will that His people assemble themselves together. While imperfect, there are Christ-honoring, Bible-believing churches out there. A true disciple of Christ will find such a church and get involved.

I agree. You make a good point.
I think he made his own "church" of a sort, by drawing together people that were often turned off by the churches they had been in.

Ecumenicist

Every church has individuals who worship out of humility, love, and gratitude.
Every church also has individuals who worship out of a false sense of self righteousness.
This is not denominationally constrained. Its not about the church, its about the
worship.

Dave

Aimiel

The problem is that people look for God in the institution or the building, or, and this is the biggest error, in the people; instead of looking for God themselves. He said that He would be found when we seek and search for Him with all of our heart. He doesn't limit Himself to a denomination or even a 'brand' of religion. He answers the cry of our heart. He knows how to answer those that seek Him, and does so. The purpose of His manifestation of Himself in someone else isn't so that you can recognize and acknowledge Him in them, it is so that you can find your way to Him. Jesus didn't call for people to come and worship Him, He pointed The Way to The Father.

Caledvwlch

Aimiel said:
The problem is that people look for God in the institution or the building, or, and this is the biggest error, in the people; instead of looking for God themselves. He said that He would be found when we seek and search for Him with all of our heart. He doesn't limit Himself to a denomination or even a 'brand' of religion. He answers the cry of our heart. He knows how to answer those that seek Him, and does so. The purpose of His manifestation of Himself in someone else isn't so that you can recognize and acknowledge Him in them, it is so that you can find your way to Him. Jesus didn't call for people to come and worship Him, He pointed The Way to The Father.
How very agnostic of you, Aimiel.

beanieboy

Aimiel said:

This is very true.
Unfortunately, I think that the church ends up making up their own rules.
For example, the excommunicating of Democrats. One would think that the church was focusing on salvation, etc., but instead, a church became to entangled in politics that they excommunicated many of their own members. While they have a right to take a stand, telling people who can and can't come to church is more about them, and less about God.