Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

• Total voters

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Justin (Wiccan) said:
And these Christians drive those people away from the very thing you claim will save them from sin.

I don't think an unrepentant person can get any more unsaved can they?

Enough, Ninevah. The seventeen so-called "Christians" are hypocrites, because while they spout "the Bible condemns homosexuality," they ignore that the Bible also condemns abusive speech. And you, Ninevah? Will you tolerate their hypocracy, or will you continue to excuse it?

God Himself is intolerant of sin. Do you think on judgement day He's going to say, "HA HA!! Just kiddin' fooled ya!"? No. The whole Bible from start to finish is about judgement and redemption. The real hypocrites here on this thread are those who would silence a witness to turn and comfort the sinner in their unrepentant state.

If you decide on the latter course, I would suggest that you change your signature to something more suitable. "If you really want to [condemn sins you don't like], you'll find a way; if you don't [want to condemn sins you enjoy], you'll find an excuse."

Judging is not wrong.

Unrighteous judgement is wrong

Here's where the rubber meets the road:

We all judge. The difference is in how and why we judge. Did you read what Paul had to say? Basically, he said, I'm sorry what I said hurt your feelings, but you repented, so there was no harm done.

It's not the words that are the true offence but the actions they describe. I have seen the most loving, kind, patient person be called rude and intolerant, and I've seen rude and intolerant get someone saved. I will not be one to stand in the way of a witness, because I'm not going to stand in judgement over how the Holy Spirit will use that witness.

Justin (Wiccan)

Nineveh said:
I don't think an unrepentant person can get any more unsaved can they?

Yet an "unsaved" person can be driven away from the Bible.... :think:

The real hypocrites here on this thread are those who would silence a witness to turn and comfort the sinner in their unrepentant state.

Oh, piffle. Even if this is the case, does their hypocracy excuse the hypocracy of Christians?

Judging is not wrong.

I never said it was. The course of action I am decrying is not "judging," it is speech that violates Rom 2:1-4 and Col 4:6.

I will not be one to stand in the way of a witness, because I'm not going to stand in judgement over how the Holy Spirit will use that witness.

Then since we already know your vote, you might as well click on the link and be counted with the other hypocrites.

Justin

drbrumley

Justin (Wiccan) said:
I never said it was. The course of action I am decrying is not "judging," it is speech that violates Rom 2:1-4 and Col 4:6.

Justin
And your decrying it because you "judged" it as wrong.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Justin (Wiccan) said:
Yet an "unsaved" person can be driven away from the Bible.... :think:

I was driven away from the Bible by "loving" Christians who told me I was saved.

The reality is it boils down to a person's heart. I didn't come to Christ until I was willing to listen to what He had to say.

Oh, piffle. Even if this is the case, does their hypocracy excuse the hypocracy of Christians?

That's who I was talking about. Those who claim to speak in Christ's Name who want to silence witnesses and comfort the sin. I expect unbelievers to jump in with "that's meeeeeeeeeeeean".

Are you missing this part?

because you who pass judgment do the same things. Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things,...?

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Neither of these verses tell us that the Spirit will only lead us to one type of witness, and even that, a witness approved by the world.

Then I'd say you voted on the wrong side of the poll. Hypocrite.

And I'd say you have just judged in error, because I didn't vote, hypocrite :)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
julie21 said:
:darwinism: - you were joking, weren't you? Seriously [ :devil:]...you weren't being real, were you?
I'm quite serious, Julie. BillyBob isn't a faggot, so where's the plank?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Sold Out said:
Homosexuality is only ONE sin on the branch of the tree of sin. The ROOT problem is the sin nature. Pinpointing one sin and saying that it is worse than all the others is hypocrisy.
Really? So God never thought any sin was worse than any other?:think:

Are you sure about that?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
As I said, call me what you need to.
Your choice, your accountability.
You Christ said, so as you have done to the least of these, you have done to me.

Explain to Jesus how you refered to him as the above names out of love, and uh, good luck.
DO you really think Jesus was speaking of whatever we've done to, or said to, the unrepentant wicked?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
Go to google and search on Ex-gays. You will also see links of ex-exgays (men who "recovered" who said that it was all a sham.)
I'm gay. I've met a lot of people, gay and straight, and have yet to meet one gay acquaintence who has suddenly changed into a heterosexual, or a heterosexual that used to be gay. Not one.
Maybe I should introduce you to my father.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
Romans 2:1-4
1 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.
2 Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth.
3 So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment?
4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness leads you toward repentance?

Care to trample more pearls?
Can you show us where exactly BillyBob has done things you do, with your 'boyfriend'?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Lovejoy said:
Love almost always calls for gentleness, however, sometimes love also calls for us to do things that hurt. Even in medicine we recognize this (otherwise no one would ever get an enema).
:darwinsm:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Dave Miller said:
And this is why I hate hatred, intolerance, and cruelty. These are evil things, evil behaviors.
You hate hatred? Isn't that hypocritical?:think:

SOTK

beanieboy said:
Jesus didn't give a wake up call to the Pharisees. He was angry because they were actually literally working against God to prevent them from entering heaven, while claiming to teach the Law of Moses and serve God. That is what angers God the most - people who parade as agents of God, who are actually pushing people away from him.

Yes. He gave them a wake up call.

beanieboy said:
Do I think people need a wake up call sometimes?
Well, if it is truly effecting other people, sure.
And alcoholic, for example, needs to know how his drunken behavior effects his friends, his relationships with his family, etc. But calling him a lousy drunk is the best way to get him to start getting defensive.
But an effective intervention is, "you were supposed to pick me up from soccer, but stayed at the bar instead. I had to walk home. I feel like you like drinking more than you care about me."
That communicates "this is how this makes me feel. This is how what you do effects me." It's a wake up call. It's truth that hurts. But it doesn't have to be harsh. Truth can be very hard, even with the most kind words.

Do I think it's necessary to name-call?

Again, I think it is very important to be mindful of one's words.

Beanie,

I was a lousy drunk and having people tell me that was the truth. Sure, it may have gotten me defensive, but so what? The truth isn't an easy thing to swallow sometimes, but it's the truth nonetheless. I am forever grateful because of the love shown to me by people who spoke honestly. I had an intervention done on my drinking and I learned just what a lousy drunk I was. I needed to be confronted on my behavior. I needed to be told that I was jerk. I am so grateful that these loving people didn't soft soap it!

I know many, many other alcoholics who feel the same way that I feel. Again, the truth is supposed to hurt sometimes!

ktjo

I can't believe I'm reading this garbage in a forum labelled "Exclusively Christian Theology".

Sounds like you may have read your Bible (once), but you sure didn't understand much of it. Christ didn't
refer to Mary Magdalene as a whore or harlot, only as a much loved child of God who, He hoped, would comprehend
and accept that love, which she did. Referring to a homosexual as a 'fag' or 'faggot' (check your dictionary, btw - a faggot is a small stick used to start a fire), does nothing to encourage that person to live as God has instructed us
and it certainly does nothing for you.

Blessings - you need them.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
ktjo said:
I can't believe I'm reading this garbage in a forum labelled "Exclusively Christian Theology".

Sounds like you may have read your Bible (once), but you sure didn't understand much of it. Christ didn't
refer to Mary Magdalene as a whore or harlot, only as a much loved child of God who, He hoped, would comprehend
and accept that love, which she did. Referring to a homosexual as a 'fag' or 'faggot' (check your dictionary, btw - a faggot is a small stick used to start a fire), does nothing to encourage that person to live as God has instructed us
and it certainly does nothing for you.

Blessings - you need them.
Do you think that no one godly ever called a whore a whore? And how do you know what Jesus said to Mary Magdelene? He did cast demons out from her. He talked to them before He ever talked to her.

Bowser

wholearmor said:
It depends on whether he is a faggot or not.

Good question. I think you are very insightful. Or at least, I THOUGHT you were until I went to your Yahoo profile:

http://profiles.yahoo.com/wholearmor61018

Unfortunately it turns out you're a Pig. I'm not going to sugarcoat the truth, because Jesus doesn't like it. I am going to be brutally honest. Fat pigs like you need to seek repentence and stop gorging yourself on food and laziness. I hope you find Jesus.

True Christians Call 'em like they see 'em.