Indiana Pizza Shop 1st to Publicly Say It Would Deny Same-Sex Service

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Personally I would have moved to this sort of thing, if I were a baker, a long time ago. I simply wouldn't sell "wedding cakes" any longer...I would sell multi-tiered "celebration cakes". The cakes would be of general use and could be customized by the person who purchased it however they see fit.

Common sense. But as I said, these guys don't want a solution; they want a confrontation.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Are you for real? Are there other people here who actually think this?

What group of people is a business discriminating against by having a "no shirt, no shoes, no service" dress code? Poor people who can't afford shoes?

Maybe that would be the case, should we turn away a homeless man who has no shirt or shoes because he is poor? If he has the money for a cup of coffee is it discrimination to turn him away based on a dress code? The question is legitimate as with the last question I asked which nobody has answered... Should a gay person who runs a printing business be allowed to discriminate by refusing to print anti-gay flyers for a anti-gay rally? He is running a public business now...Should this man be allowed to turn down the work based on personal belief set? I think that he should have that right, as I believe any contractor should have the right to turn down work for any reason they see fit, it's called freedom/liberty. I know these are foreign terms to you libs, unless it suits your narrative.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
What these businesses need to do is become "specialty" businesses. For example, a wedding cake store should say that they specialize in heterosexual wedding cakes. It's not that gays can't buy them, but they are buying a hetero-style cake. Every cake comes with a man and a woman on top, but gays are more than welcome to buy two cakes and rearrange the men and women themselves if they want two men on a cake.

This is done all the time with hair products. There are companies that make products specifically for African-American hair. White people are welcome to buy it, but the company isn't going to change their product for a white customer. You either want what they sell or you don't.

Good point, you don't hear people getting all into a fluff about specialty items geared to one select customer base...you should be in marketing shag. :thumb:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Or sell wedding cakes with individual bride and groom figures sold separately. If you want two of one kind, that's your business. But no one involved with this wants an equitable solution. They want to win and force someone else to agree with them.

No, they want to win and force people to do things against their will, they are common day tyrants.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
How about we do the smart thing and take other people's money when they want to spend it? Just a thought.

Exactly, why would anyone want to force someone to cater their wedding under the threat of litigation? Is there no concern for the quality of the service from someone that doesn't want to serve you in the first place? The whole premise of this argument is absurdly stupid.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
No more than I would force the bakery make cakes just for gays or straights. I would object if they wouldn't sell what they have, to you. They aren't obligated to cater to your particular taste. They just have to be willing to treat you like any other customer.

Which also means they should have the right to turn down work they do not want to do regardless of the reasons they do not want to do it.

shagster01

Are you for real? Are there other people here who actually think this?

What group of people is a business discriminating against by having a "no shirt, no shoes, no service" dress code? Poor people who can't afford shoes?

Are you saying that wearing a shirt is a choice, but marriage is not?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
In the following video, a guy goes into numerous Muslim bakeries and pretends he's a homosexual, and asks the Muslim bakeries for a "gay" wedding cake.

To no ones surprise, each Muslim bakery turns him down.

Where are the Liberals?

Where is CNN?

Where is all the hateful tweets?

:crickets:

TracerBullet

There was when I was a child. Almost every restaurant had a sign inside stating such.

We-Cater-to-White-Trade-Only-FSDM2.jpg

This sign?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This sign?

In Muslim countries homosexuals are thrown off roofs.

5821586094185640360no.jpg

I'm not a homosexual, but if I were, I would much rather deal with people who didn't want to bake me a wedding cake, then people who wanted to throw me off the roof of a building.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
BTW, if the homosexual somehow survives the fall from off the roof, there is a group of Muslims on the ground with stones, waiting to stone the homosexual to death.

o-IS-THROW-GAY-MAN-OFF-ROOF-570.jpg

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
This sign?

Choosing to engage in immoral unnatural sex with a person of the same sex cannot be equated with being of a different race by birth & genetics. Poor straw man but, you keep building them and I will continue to knock them down. :thumb:

TracerBullet

In Muslim countries homosexuals are thrown off roofs.

5821586094185640360no.jpg

I'm not a homosexual, but if I were, I would much rather deal with people who didn't want to bake me a wedding cake, then people who wanted to throw me off the roof of a building.

150216_gma_brianross_16x9_992.jpg

And here is what happens to Christians in Muslim countries.

Would you much rather deal with people who just want to be treated equally than people who wanted to put a bullet in the back of your head?