In general, what do you think of TV?

In general, what do you think of TV?

• I love it! TV is a big part of my life.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • TV is good. I watch it at least some everyday.

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Its OK. TV is somewhat useful.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I could do without TV, although I do watch it on occaision.

Votes: 36 40.9%
  • TV is not part of my life. I rarely if ever watch TV.

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • TV is awful.

Votes: 10 11.4%

• Total voters

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
I really get a charge out of the office on NBC.

That's the husband's favorite show. He finds it interesting seeing all the "typical" office type people on the show. I've watched a few episodes. Although it is funny, I don't know if I can bare to watch another one. It's just too painful. The idiots are just so.....so.....well, it's like dragging your nails on a chalkboard. Between the boss and his assistant (now is that assistant regional manager or assistant to the regional manager? :freak: ) it's just too hard to watch. I did watch the "basketball game". A few times I laughed so hard I was crying.

Last edited:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Nineveh said:
I'm waiting for the day I can just have A&E and The History Channel piped straight through cable to my PC :)
A and E is not that great.....occasionally they have a good film on. Airline is great show, but that Growing Up Gotti show is messed up. The only cool thing about that is Victoria's beautiful long hair.

;)

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
lighthouse said:
How can you watch that? 2001 A Space Oddysey is one of the most boring films to ever see celluloid.:yawn:
You have to have the mind for it, and an appreciation of great literature and mind bending science fiction. It's a captivating story of man versus machine, of a machine that became so powerful it was self aware. It's a gripping journey through the possibilities of existance.

The book is much better than the movie.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Lucky said:
I would think it's possible to do that now. Just a matter of getting the right hardware and software. Capture cards and such. I'm still trying to figure that stuff out.

Did I mention I only wanted to pay per channel? :)

TheEdge,
I like Cold Case Files.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
I don't think we will ever get to just pay for what we watch, then all the raunchy things like MTV would get tossed.

Mr. 5020

Nineveh said:
I don't think we will ever get to just pay for what we watch, then all the raunchy things like MTV would get tossed.
Judging from the stats we see, that's not likely.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Nineveh said:
TheEdge,
I like Cold Case Files.
Never tried it. I only watch these CSI type shows when my wife does because she likes them.....but I don't watch them on my own. Of the CSI's, Miami is by far the best, followed by New York and Las Vegas a distant last. Crossing Jordan is pretty cool. Boston is a great city, and that's where the show takes place.

I'm waiting for CSI: Philadelphia!!!!!!!!!!

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
When I was at Weather Officer Course for three months, I pretty much stuck to the Sci Fi channel.....watching The Outer Limits and sci fi movies.

SOTK

I voted "I could do without TV, although I do watch it on occaision". I really only watch the Discovery Channel. That's about it. I could definitely do without it. I wouldn't miss it.

I would miss having an actuall TV though. I watch a lot of movies so I dig those! :D

2ephesians8

A TV is only usefull for:

Watching homemade movies

Watching DVD's

Playing video games

Obtaining News, secular style

The 700 Club :D

and reruns of ' I Love Lucy', 'The Lawrence Welk (sp?) Show' and 'McGyver'

Otherwise it is... SATAN'S TOOL FOR DISTRUCTION! ::big booming voice::

Lucky

Hall of Fame
I wish I could make home-made movies, but I always seem to over-bake them. (That and I don't have a video camera.)

Lovejoy

I don't think life would be quite as nice if I could not watch "House" on Tuesdays. That is just a great show!

MrsDearDelmar

We rent more movies than anything else, but I really like 24 and Alias! And the kids and I all watch American Idol. We used to have Satelite and we would watch Trading Spaces, or American Chopper.