In general, what do you think of TV?

In general, what do you think of TV?

• I love it! TV is a big part of my life.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • TV is good. I watch it at least some everyday.

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Its OK. TV is somewhat useful.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I could do without TV, although I do watch it on occaision.

Votes: 36 40.9%
  • TV is not part of my life. I rarely if ever watch TV.

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • TV is awful.

Votes: 10 11.4%

• Total voters

Ninjashadow

I could care less about most TV, but there are a few things that I like to watch. Sports and highlights, Lost, Simpsons, and Family Guy

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Almost unbearable. Might find a few good programs here and there, but hard to find.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I think TV's should come with handles on the side, they are really heavy and hard to move every Christmas when it's time to make room for the Christmas tree.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
I loved Futurama, but they canceled it of course.
Simpsons is good.

Mustard Seed

I watch too much. I like documentaries. Powerful medium. Like an eye magnet.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I watch hockey (when they aren't on strike).

I also like a few other shows:
  • SpongeBob
  • American Idol
  • Fear Factor
  • American Chopper
And I used to watch Bob Enyart every night at 10 :(

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
I voted "TV is good." I really don't think about it too much, but without it I'd be out of touch with the world and not enjoying my relaxation time as much. I'm just not a good reader, but if I was I'd probably read books more in my free time. There is a lot of garbage on TV that I care not to see, so I just don't watch it. The only stuff I really go out of my way to watch are Smallville and Star Trek. I usually watch movies, either on TV or movies I own or get from the Blockbuster club. I'll watch old sitcoms, and Seinfeld reruns, but most of the current shows are crap. CSI is pretty cool too....CSI Miami is by far the best because I like David Caruso in that. I really like the SCI FI channel, but the moron cable system in Tucson doesn't have it. Bunch of punks.

I wonder if I would watch Bob Enyart. I wonder if that show is one I woujld watch out of negative interest, like Jerry Springer. ;)

I like the History channel. Very interesting stuff.

Berean Todd

I voted the "could do without it but watch it sometimes", however I would qualify that abit. For one I NEVER watch anything on a network other than occaisinal sporting events. The networks are utter trash and filth. I think kids need to get the heck away from the TV, it's a blight on our young generation. Our kids do watch some Nick/Disney channell (really the only thing ever on our tv other than sports), but they are outside playing their buts off almost all day long. Parents, make your kids put down the remotes allready.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Knight said:
I watch hockey (when they aren't on strike).

There is also football........But the main thing I watch is News, Discovery Channel stuff and Movies. HBO has some cool shows like Deadwood and The Sopranos.

I also like a few other shows:

American Chopper

I was a latecomer to 'American Chopper', but I watch it whenever it's on now. If this is the future of reality TV, I'm there!! :banana: 'American Hot Rod' is similarly cool.

There is a new show called 'Deadliest Catch' that I actually make a point of watching every Tuesday.

TV Rocks!

PureX

There are only a couple of shows I make a point of watching, and I'm sure I could live without them. I used to like documentaries and information shows, but I don't have cable and even PBS has fallen into the more commercial nonsense, lately. TV could be a fantastic cultural tool, but unfortunately American culture is only about greed, and so everythng on TV is about making money, instead of adding cultural value to our lives.

Jujubee

I wish we didn't have it but SOTK is addicted...no just kidding he' s not, but we usually turn it off in the summer because we are so busy with summer stuff!

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
You [PureX] don't have cable, so it seems your opinion is quite limited [and uninformed]. I NEVER watch the 'Big 3' networks. [ABC, CBS, NBC]

PureX

I'm in Chicago, I already get lots of stations, and there still isn't anything worth watching on them. And I've seen cable many times.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I see, so you don't find anything of value on the Discovery Channel, The Learning Channel, The Science Channel, The History Channel......?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I voted option 2, but if I had cable I would probably watch a lot more stuff. My main interest is crime dramas. And I occasionally watch Smallville, but I'm not too happy with it.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I'm surprised that there are some people who don't have Cable. I assumed everybody in this day and age has either cable or Satellite, you guys don't know what you're missing.

Agape4Robin

lighthouse said:
I voted option 2, but if I had cable I would probably watch a lot more stuff. My main interest is crime dramas. And I occasionally watch Smallville, but I'm not too happy with it.
You? Smallville? :rolleyes: