In general, what do you think of TV?

In general, what do you think of TV?

• I love it! TV is a big part of my life.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • TV is good. I watch it at least some everyday.

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Its OK. TV is somewhat useful.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I could do without TV, although I do watch it on occaision.

Votes: 36 40.9%
  • TV is not part of my life. I rarely if ever watch TV.

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • TV is awful.

Votes: 10 11.4%

• Total voters

PureX

I really like to watch live music shows. Unfortunately, there aren't many of them on. My heart sank when Sessions At West 54th was pulled after only three seasons. That was the best show on TV in the last ten years.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
PureX said:
I really like to watch live music shows. Unfortunately, there aren't many of them on. My heart sank when Sessions At West 54th was pulled after only three seasons. That was the best show on TV in the last ten years.

Maybe you should get cable......

ShadowMaid

The shows drive me crazy, and the [most] commercials are trash.

The only thing good about is you can watch movies with it.

PureX

BillyBob said:
Maybe you should get cable......
I can't get cable where I am. And even dish TV wouldn't be easy to install, here. I'm in an industrial area, and building.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
PureX said:
I can't get cable where I am. And even dish TV wouldn't be easy to install, here. I'm in an industrial area, and building.

Why does that exclude you from cable service?

PureX

They won't run cable into this area because there's no one living here to buy it from them. And there's a taller building immediately to the south of me, so I'd have to mount the dish up on the side of an ols water tower srtucture, and run the cable down an elevator shaft. It can be done, but is it really worth all that? So far, I've decided that it's not. $45 a month is kind of high for a few sort of interesting programs.

Mr. PureX's Neighborhood.

Crow

I occasionally watch a nature program. I occasionally watch "South Park" or "How Clean is Your House?" But I'm not really into TV. If it weren't for my roommate, we wouldn't have cable and the TV would be for DVDs and videos. Before I moved to Ohio, I went over a year without turning my TV on. Didn't plan it. It just worked out that way.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
I voted:
Its OK. TV is somewhat useful.
I could do without TV, although I do watch it on occaision.​

If the last option said TV programming or TV shows, I would have voted that too. But the TV in and of itself isn't awful.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BillyBob said:
You [PureX] don't have cable, so it seems your opinion is quite limited [and uninformed]. I NEVER watch the 'Big 3' networks. [ABC, CBS, NBC]
I don't have cable at home but it's on a lot at work. We do have that Blockbuster mail order membership and can have 3 movies at a time for as long as we wish to keep them. It costs less than cable and it's a great way to watch a series from the begining and I don't have to program my VCR.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BillyBob said:
You [PureX] don't have cable, so it seems your opinion is quite limited [and uninformed]. I NEVER watch the 'Big 3' networks. [ABC, CBS, NBC]
They have football?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would watch more TV if there were more worth while things to watch. I watch American Idol and 24 and both of these are really going down hill. I try to get into other shows but I just can't. Most shows are either vulgar or just plain stupid. I cannot handle stupid. I can't even remember the last time I watched a funny sitcom. The writing today is so pathetic. I'd rather watch Andy Griffith any day. Now that's funny!

Mustard Seed

Precisely why we miss it.

BillyBob said:
I'm surprised that there are some people who don't have Cable. I assumed everybody in this day and age has either cable or Satellite, you guys don't know what you're missing.

Emo

TV is still decent although it is definitely full of trash & worthless programming.
The older I get, the less TV I seem to watch but I'll always love watching sports. (NBA playoffs & NASCAR currently)
I watch Fox news & check out Discovery, Animal Planet, & Food Network on occasion.
My favorite show is CSI. (the original & Miami, don't care for NY) I think it's my favorite because it's about searching for the truth.

Last edited:

julie21

Turbo said:
I really get a charge out of the office on NBC.
Jusr as an aside..we love the BBC version we get here in Oz. ;)
Anyway...I don't mind TV but I could really do wothout it and the 'drawing' power [ actually 'sucking in' power to be more precise] that it has. I tend to put it on to watch a specific program, and just sit, and sit, and sit...you get the picture :)...but sometimes I'm not even really watching it!
I have bouts of trying to not put it on, but they usually only last a week or so...then it's on again.

logos_x

Its OK. TV is somewhat useful.

I watch Extreme Makeover: Home edition, Smallville, occasionally a miniseries or movie.
I recently watched Elegant Universe on PBS, and I enjoyed "the power of Intention" on PBS as well.

Any other time I watch a DVD...probably about 2 times a month.
The last one I watched was "The Incredibles"