If You Could Add to/Alter TOL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This would make a good thread topic of it's own. (You should do that. :) )
Not necessarily for the mods to do, but a thorough explanation of the benefits why threads titles should be precise.
Maybe even lists some of the current threads titles, as examples, and explain how the title could be better.
That way, members can understand why, and start making an effort to make better threads titles on their own.
I think Knight is worn out imploring folks to be more judicious in thread titles as they help members find interesting topics as well as help search engines that index the site to locate relevant posts when persons are searching for this or that topic. Driving traffic to a discussion site is its bread and butter and folks that just make posts with titles like "What do you think?" or "Look at this!" are not helping anyone. At my own site I spend plenty of time editing thread titles to be more specific for these reasons. That said, TOL is a large site and with a small mod staff it is hard to keep up. Perhaps Knight needs some "TOL Ambassaor" roles that have the admin rights to edit thread titles and nothing more.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think a very important feature would be to add notifications to this website so we can see where we're being quoted or replied too..

I would like that too, however, I wonder how complicated it would be to create such a feature?
If you set your subscriptions to posts your make in threads properly you will get these notifications or see them in your user control panel page. You can also categorize all threads you have subscribed to in your control panel by subjects of your choosing for better organization. I have a couple of dozen, e.g., "Theology Proper", "Debate Threads", "TOL Advocacy", "Calvinism", "Open Theism", "Daily Active Threads", etc., so I can quickly find something when needed.

For posts in threads wherein you have not subscribed, the alternative is to search for your username using the Advanced Search options.

AMR

john w

Hall of Fame
AMR:
Perhaps Knight needs some "TOL Ambassaor" roles that have the admin rights to edit thread titles and nothing more.

Vote for me, as "TOL Ambassador for the Week," and I will edit thread titles, and ban no more than 2 TOL members/hour.

quip

BANNED
Banned
A salad bar wouldn't hurt... :chew:

One of the newbies inadvertently suggested a Hall of Shame. :) Maybe add a list of users with the most infractions/bannings.

Now now TH, we don't want to resurrect past exchanges....do we? :think:

fzappa13

What would you recommend?

For what it's worth I'd implement a feature whereby one could keep unwanted drooling , malicious idiots out of one's threads!
Wouldn't it nice to have a pleasant exchange or spirited debate without the carping slanderers constant disruption?

:think:

Maybe moderate the Chat Box ... what a dumpster fire.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Every time I look for new posts I see that garbage

I can't believe people even look at it ...

Demonism

Status
Not open for further replies.