If You Could Add to/Alter TOL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bybee

What would you recommend?

For what it's worth I'd implement a feature whereby one could keep unwanted drooling , malicious idiots out of one's threads!
Wouldn't it nice to have a pleasant exchange or spirited debate without the carping slanderers constant disruption?

:think:

Christ's Word

For what it's worth I'd implement a feature whereby one could keep unwanted drooling , malicious idiots out of one's threads!
Wouldn't it nice to have a pleasant exchange or spirited debate without the carping slanderers constant disruption?

I agree, with you, I think the OP should have some say to keep disrupters out of their threads, and things would calm down a lot. It would force the few psycho stalkers to behave or sit on the sidelines, and not allow TH and the like to live in the past and keep bringing up 2 year old arguments in every thread.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned

i believe they have an ignore feature for that

but you have to have the maturity and willpower to use it

in the twelve years i've been here, the only one i've seen able to use it has been greenrage

bybee

i believe they have an ignore feature for that

but you have to have the maturity and willpower to use it

in the twelve years i've been here, the only one i've seen able to use it has been greenrage

Yes, the "IGNORE" feature is a very handy tool. I, however, am much too curious to use it.
But, it cannot stop the constant interjections and interruptions which can disrupt a thread and take it off topic.

bybee

I agree, with you, I think the OP should have some say to keep disrupters out of their threads, and things would calm down a lot. It would force the few psycho stalkers to behave or sit on the sidelines, and not allow TH and the like to live in the past and keep bringing up 2 year old arguments in every thread.

You will notice I didn't name names.
I'd like to keep the dialogue focused on the ideas presented and not on personal invective.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Yes, the "IGNORE" feature is a very handy tool. I, however, am much too curious to use it.
But, it cannot stop the constant interjections and interruptions which can disrupt a thread and take it off topic.

can you imagine how boring and sterile tol would be if threads didn't go off topic

well, you don't have to imagine - search on just about any of the other religion sites and marvel at the very few that manage to break ten posts a day :chuckle:

bybee

can you imagine how boring and sterile tol would be if threads didn't go off topic

well, you don't have to imagine - search on just about any of the other religion sites and marvel at the very few that manage to break ten posts a day :chuckle:

I am not very successful with the threads that I have started but, I encourage meanderings and new pathways on any of my threads.

OCTOBER23

I would have "RESURRECTED" Change his dress. lol

I would have all Catholics admit they are wrong about Mary worship.

I would have everyone agree that I am always Right. lol

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
One-on-one (or otherwise exclusive, three or more participants maybe?) debates but with, no time limit. Just leave them open.

Status
Not open for further replies.