If You Could Add to/Alter TOL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What would you recommend?

For what it's worth I'd implement a feature whereby one could keep unwanted drooling , malicious idiots out of one's threads!
Wouldn't it nice to have a pleasant exchange or spirited debate without the carping slanderers constant disruption?

:think:

THAT would be a great start ... adding to that that serial forum stalkers should receive a much longer ban OR a permanent ban. Also, I would like to see a no multiple ID rule enforced so those who intentionally flame out with the intent of returning are not able to do so.

I would enjoy an instant messaging feature, as well as some type of gender icon that would show male or female such as
Male_zps29d488bd.gif~original
and
Female_zps68115449.gif~original

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

For what it's worth I'd implement a feature whereby one could keep unwanted drooling , malicious idiots out of one's threads!
Wouldn't it nice to have a pleasant exchange or spirited debate without the carping slanderers constant disruption?

TOL already has that function.
Social groups.

A social group can have parameters where only the ones you want to converse with on a subject are allowed to post.

bybee

TOL already has that function.
Social groups.

A social group can have parameters where only the ones you want to converse with on a subject are allowed to post.

I don't always know how delightful some posters are. In a closed group many are kept out who might have interesting or helpful comments.

bybee

THAT would be a great start ... adding to that that serial forum stalkers should receive a much longer ban OR a permanent ban. Also, I would like to see a no multiple ID rule enforced so those who intentionally flame out with the intent of returning are not able to do so.

I would enjoy an instant messaging feature, as well as some type of gender icon that would show male or female such as
Male_zps29d488bd.gif~original
and
Female_zps68115449.gif~original

Good suggestions. I wonder why some posters choose to keep their gender a mystery?

john w

Hall of Fame
I would install myself as "Mod for the Day," and ban anyone that did not email Knight, .....a "write in vote" in favor of this deserved office, for the most humble poster, in the history of TOL.

IMJerusha

Bybee, I have a great deal of respect for you. If I have, in any way, offended you or turned you off or given you cause to find my posts distasteful, please accept my sincere apologies.

Fiat Tenebris

I'd make the post boxes less tall.. they waste so much space currently.

bybee

Bybee, I have a great deal of respect for you. If I have, in any way, offended you or turned you off or given you cause to find my posts distasteful, please accept my sincere apologies.

I don't believe I even saw your post?
The word "drooling" is a favorite of mine and has nothing to do with you.
You have not ever offended me.
I'm sorry for the confusion.

IMJerusha

I don't believe I even saw your post?
The word "drooling" is a favorite of mine and has nothing to do with you.
You have not ever offended me.
I'm sorry for the confusion.

Thank you, I appreciate your clarifying that. I was concerned. :)

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

I think TOL should be changed to TLO to stand for Totton Linnet Online.

quip

BANNED
Banned

TOL Tyranny? Nah...ideas (such as this one) need to be put to the test. It builds character...and in some cases adds perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.