If You Could Add to/Alter TOL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMJerusha

Spoiler
3373595053_e302333727_z.jpg

Is there some way we can get digital scratch and sniff to go with it?

new-york-gas-bills-will-be-scratch-and-sniff-this-month.jpg

(Oh my, did I post that?)

genuineoriginal

Yeah? Which one?

The 1611 KJV is the only infallible version, right?

Reuelation 22:18-19
18 For I testifie vnto euery man that heareth the wordes of the prophesie of this booke, If any man shal adde vnto these things, God shall adde vnto him the plagues, that are written in this booke.
19 And if any man shall take away from the wordes of the booke of this prophesie, God shal take away his part out of the booke of life, and out of the holy citie, and from the things which are written in this booke.​

IMJerusha

The 1611 KJV is the only infallible version, right?

Reuelation 22:18-19
18 For I testifie vnto euery man that heareth the wordes of the prophesie of this booke, If any man shal adde vnto these things, God shall adde vnto him the plagues, that are written in this booke.
19 And if any man shall take away from the wordes of the booke of this prophesie, God shal take away his part out of the booke of life, and out of the holy citie, and from the things which are written in this booke.​

:up: Absolutely!

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What would you recommend?

To your point I would like an invitation only thread feature. In other words, for a certain level of membership a member becomes "moderator of my thread". It would essentially be an extension of the Social Groups wherein they are controlled by the SG owner. Which reminds me, see the best Social Group at TOL here. ;)

Would also like:

- seeing all reps I give to others just like I can see reps given to me
- more TOL skins, e.g., a good night skin with dark background and white or yellow text
- a pop-up appearing when a member is about to post in a very stale thread warning them of the same
- retained posting history expanded from around 400 posts to 1000 posts
- a restricted men-only forum just like the ladies have
- removal of the allowance of posting in the ECT forums by non-Trinitarians, Mormons, non-believers, etc.
- better attention by the mods to poor thread titles that can easily be renamed to something more accurate by the mods
- increase a wee bit the seconds setting of the timings related to flooding, as in: between search queries and sending PMs
- add some award icons that can be earned, not nominated (bling!)
- more smilies
- a nice monthly calendar on the Member's Lounge page
- a widget that lets the member select their preferred Bible translation for pop ups. (Libronix supports this so I know it can be done as I do it on a site I manage.)
- a search the Bible widget (supported by Biblia.com)
- an ignore feature that requires the member to remove a poster from their ignore list such that they think twice before simply "peeking" at an ignored post

AMR

bybee

To your point I would like an invitation only thread feature. In other words, for a certain level of membership a member becomes "moderator of my thread". It would essentially be an extension of the Social Groups wherein they are controlled by the SG owner. Which reminds me, see the best Social Group at TOL here. ;)

Would also like:

- seeing all reps I give to others just like I can see reps given to me
- more TOL skins, e.g., a good night skin with dark background and white or yellow text
- a pop-up appearing when a member is about to post in a very stale thread warning them of the same
- retained posting history expanded from around 400 posts to 1000 posts
- a restricted men-only forum just like the ladies have
- removal of the allowance of posting in the ECT forums by non-Trinitarians, Mormons, non-believers, etc.
- better attention by the mods to poor thread titles that can easily be renamed to something more accurate by the mods
- increase a wee bit the seconds setting of the timings related to flooding, as in: between search queries and sending PMs
- add some award icons that can be earned, not nominated (bling!)
- more smilies
- a nice monthly calendar on the Member's Lounge page
- a widget that lets the member select their preferred Bible translation for pop ups. (Libronix supports this so I know it can be done as I do it on a site I manage.)
- a search the Bible widget (supported by Biblia.com)
- an ignore feature that requires the member to remove a poster from their ignore list such that they think twice before simply "peeking" at an ignored post

AMR

Wow! That is quite a comprehensive list!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This would make a good thread topic of it's own. (You should do that. :) )
Not necessarily for the mods to do, but a thorough explanation of the benefits why threads titles should be precise.
Maybe even lists some of the current threads titles, as examples, and explain how the title could be better.
That way, members can understand why, and start making an effort to make better threads titles on their own.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
This would make a good thread topic of it's own. (You should do that. :) )
Not necessarily for the mods to do, but a thorough explanation of the benefits why threads titles should be precise.
Maybe even lists some of the current threads titles, as examples, and explain how the title could be better.
That way, members can understand why, and start making an effort to make better threads titles on their own.

one of my personal favorites :)

Black Youths - Extremely Dangerous And Will Attack You At Any Moment!

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Allow only the King James Bible to be posted.
Any particular reason? (This is a waste of time)

And if that would be the case then everyone post have to in the Elizabethan language of the KJV, if your going to do it right, do it right.

And my choice, I have two, RSV 1881-1885 and ASV 1901.

Fiat Tenebris

I think a very important feature would be to add notifications to this website so we can see where we're being quoted or replied too..

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A salad bar wouldn't hurt... :chew:

One of the newbies inadvertently suggested a Hall of Shame. :) Maybe add a list of users with the most infractions/bannings.

Status
Not open for further replies.