ECT If God healed you while you were living in open sin . .

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
IOW, you can live like the world and have Jesus, too.

No. That would your law methodology as it strengthens sin while you focus on the trees (sins) and can't see the forrest (sin).

Check out your Greek on that!

I did. That's how I know exactly what articular and anarthrous hamartia and hamartiai, hamartano, and hamartema ARE, instead of some vague concept like the majority of the dogmatized and oblivious who are fixated on acting/actions/acts instead of the source of them, leaving their hearts the same as they prop up a false fascade of self-righteousness.

"Adultery" grabbed your attention, did it?

Yeah, because you're probably not guilty of that ans wouldn't dare mention your own rampant "open sin".

I'm 13 years celibate, so you probably don't need to go there.

I figured it would with some.

Because adultery is worse than all YOUR covered-over and condoned thoughts and acts that you aren't dead to.

You don't know what sin is, focusing on sins by law methodology snd strengthening them in yourself and others.

People who know their God will function. Pinheads of the pseudo intellectual type, one's without "Knowledge" professing to be what they never can be in their present inhibiting state, __ forget it.

Yes, that's very true of you and you don't know it. Epignosis knowledge doesn't puff up like yours. Get some. Maybe you'll deflate. Love abounds in it. Try that. :)

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
You are missing the big picture in favor of the smaller one. To put it compactly, PPS is saying it is sin we repent of to come to salvation - not sins. Yes...we do repent of individual sins, but what is really at stake (big picture) is not the murder itself or the rape itself or the pride itself....not from God's vantage point. From where He sits, the issue is the root - unbelief. It's like a doctor trying to treat a disease. The patient sees all the symptoms and wants to bandage those up. If he's not showing any obvious symptoms, he thinks everything is okay. But the doctor knows the human body much better than the patient and so he knows what to look for - he knows what the real problem is and he wants to get at that. The patient comes to the doctor because of the signs (sins) that point to a bigger underlying problem (sin).

Also, PPS is saying (and I agree) that most people are too caught up in sins to recognize sin. That is, if nothing is blatantly, overtly, obviously, externally wrong (not raping, killing, murdering, lying to ones neighbor etc...) then everything is deemed to be okay. The average Christian (and unbeliever, you realize) thinks they are okay because they don't do X, Y and Z. But the root of unbelief infects everything - even those things that are "good works". So (as PPS added) even the "good works" can be sinful if they are not done in faith. ANYTHING that is not of faith is sin. If - for example - you are called to be a plumber and you become a pastor instead, it is sin. I don't know that God's callings are always that specific, but it simply shows that ANYTHING that is not of faith is sin - even the things we think are inherently good.

The approach to Christianity that says "I can live like the devil and follow God" (or some variant of what you have written above) is evidence of immaturity at best and not being regenerate at worst. Note that I am not saying you are representative of that, but the approach to God that would even consider that line of thought - which Paul addressed in Romans 6.

We were looking at prayer on Sunday - and among the passages examined were Mark 11:22-24 and Galatians 4 (several verses). The pertinent verses in Mark are :

And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Mark 11:22-24

And the ones in Galatians 4:

But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Galatians 4:4-7

Which naturally brings to mind Romans 8. The verse of interest being:

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Romans 8:9-14

Now...people naturally gravitate to the injunctions to not sin, not be debtors to the flesh etc....But if you look at what is being said about those that are the sons of God, it is said that they WILL naturally cry "Abba, Father" in their inner man (using PPS' term). And as this pertains to prayer, we have "name it and claim it" groups that want to use Mark 11:23-24 to support their position that if they can think of it and ask for it, then it is theirs. And if they don't have (whatever), it's because they lack faith. But that's missing the context - those that are the sons of God are not after their own desires. They, with Christ (the only begotten Son) pray "Not my will but Thine be done". They seek the Father's will. They want to please Him and do what He wants. That underlies everything. It isn't an add-on. It's not like we have a checklist :

1. Don't sin (check)
2. Seek God's will (check)
3. etc...

Again - those that have the Spirit of God NATURALLY seek His will. They don't have to be told "don't sin" just like they don't have to be told "pray for X, Y or Z" or "Don't pray for A, B or C". If they can ask in faith, knowing they are seeking His will (led by His Spirit) then they will be able to ask with ALL confidence knowing they have whatsoever they ask (because they don't ask amiss).

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

I John 5:13-15

That is the only way these can be true - if we are walking according to His will. NOT - whatever you wish you can have. But that is the same mentality that says you can sin as much as you want because you are secure in Christ. They come from the same root of self-seeking. And, as I said above, at best they can be attributed to immaturity in Christ but at worst they are evidence that one has not been regenerated.

Even what Truster said about a man continuing in sin by the allowance of the Almighty applies. It's maturing a man in Him. It's bringing him to see all that affects and afflicts him through his fallen natural man. Just because we don't show obvious signs of sin doesn't mean it isn't there. When, for example, was the last time you charged someone (yourself included) with having the "pride of life"? The same sin you see in theologically adept practitioners can easily be at work in simple folk. The manifestations are different (if they show at all to the natural eye).

EXACTLY!!!!

Because of law methodology (which strengthens sin), most can't see the forrest (sin) for the trees (sins).

It then becomes the modus operandi to point out a big tree in someone else's yard while ignoring the many groves of saplings all over one's own yard that are being carefully self-pruned as they deepen their roots in that yard.

The self-pruning itself is being the husbandman, and is part of the Edenic lie. That's why we're hypostatically translated into Christ, leaving our own dust of the ground behind. We're branches of the vine. We're eating of the tree of life.

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned

nikolai_42

EXACTLY!!!!

Because of law methodology (which strengthens sin), most can't see the forrest (sin) for the trees (sins).

It then becomes the modus operandi to point out a big tree in someone else's yard while ignoring the many groves of saplings all over one's own yard that are being carefully self-pruned as they deepen their roots in that yard.

The self-pruning itself is being the husbandman, and is part of the Edenic lie. That's why we're hypostatically translated into Christ, leaving our own dust of the ground behind. We're branches of the vine. We're eating of the tree of life.

This may be a diversion from the original thought, but I think what you are describing is more a modern phenomenon than universal throughout time. In one sense, man has been trying to justify himself since Adam - and dressed it up in whatever clothes he wants. But today, we see a deep rift in Christianity that (in my opinion - and maybe mine alone) has turned many away from it as just another religion. And the affects we see now are (again, peculiar to this age) traced back to the late 19th and early 20th centuries when there was a fundamentalism growing - in opposition to the rejection of past rationalism as well as the stream of thought that brought us evolution and a defaming of the scriptures as the written revelation of God.

As well meaning as the Billy Sundays and other moralistic evangelists of the day were, it only further served to diminish the utter depravity and helplessness of man. If a man could repent and pull himself up by his own bootstraps, why did one need God for that? In essence, one made himself good enough to approach God. Then, once a Christian, you were judged by whether you danced, drank and listened to a certain kind of music. All externals. There may be validity in some of it, but it covered over the need for the end of self being an utter humiliation before God (as, for example, Isaiah).

Interestingly, you see the Puritans being what seemed overly moralistic to a greater degree - but their gaze seemed more heavenward in addressing sin and repentance. But then that may be a false impression too...

Cross Reference

No. That would your law methodology as it strengthens sin while you focus on the trees (sins) and can't see the forrest (sin).

I did. That's how I know exactly what articular and anarthrous hamartia and hamartiai, hamartano, and hamartema ARE, instead of some vague concept like the majority of the dogmatized and oblivious who are fixated on acting/actions/acts instead of the source of them, leaving their hearts the same as they prop up a false fascade of self-righteousness.

Yeah, because you're probably not guilty of that ans wouldn't dare mention your own rampant "open sin".

I'm 13 years celibate, so you probably don't need to go there.

Because adultery is worse than all YOUR covered-over and condoned thoughts and acts that you aren't dead to.

You don't know what sin is, focusing on sins by law methodology snd strengthening them in yourself and others.

Yes, that's very true of you and you don't know it. Epignosis knowledge doesn't puff up like yours. Get some. Maybe you'll deflate. Love abounds in it. Try that. :)

"Law methodology" my ---! Try that! Right now my anger could be deemed a sin. however, somehow I don't believe God will not hold me in that regard.

Spare me your psychobabble, you puffed up phony! I have years on you for you to presume me falsely as you do. OMT: I am 23 yrs celibate. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, sunny jim.

Furthermore, if I am reading you incorrectly that I should reply in this way, it is your fault. Speak American because I refuse to chase your words like rabbits!

john w

Hall of Fame
so you are saying the body of Christ is a haven for sin...and we can sin in Christ.....and who is ..whosoever....
1 John 3:5
And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

seems to me you are saying God accepts sin...
Romans 12:1
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

http://www.theologyonline.net/forums/showthread.php?t=98343&page=2

Post #17

Accept it-n/a to respective members of the boc in this dispensation.

Truster

"Law methodology" my ---! Try that! Right now my anger could be deemed a sin. however, somehow I don't believe God will not hold me in that regard.

Spare me your psychobabble, you puffed up phony! I have years on you for you to presume me falsely as you do. OMT: I am 23 yrs celibate. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, sunny jim.

Furthermore, if I am reading you incorrectly that I should reply in this way, it is your fault. Speak American because I refuse to chase your words like rabbits!

When did you have your last sexual thought?

Cross Reference

EXACTLY!!!!

Your life is a lie. You are deceiving yourself if you walk in that understanding and are purposely attempting to deceive others.

Now I know why you go against the admonishment of Paul in his words to tongues speakers: ". . . . . I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue." 1 Corinthians 14:19 (KJV) Think about it because you are doing the same thing in the natural and you do it to mask your willful ignorance of the written word of God to promote your religious bent.

Cross Reference

It's the inverse. You just can't know that as you serve the false egregore of your own making.

Not so! And you don't have the courage to address the rest of my reply because you know you are wrong, your foundation being skewed by Calvin necessitating you to mask it with untoward "wordiness" __ and that for self-aggrandizement and personal advantage...

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Not so! And you don't have the courage to address the rest of my reply because you know you are wrong, your foundation being skewed by Calvin necessitating you to mask it with untoward "wordiness" __ and that for self-aggrandizement and personal advantage...

Yes, it's so. And I'm not a Calvinist.

The rest of your reply was your abuse of scripture and your puffed gnosis knowledge at my epignosis knowledge which can't be puffed up.

You have a personal vendetta, so you just attempt to bully in your pride of insecurity.

Go worship your egreogore.

Cross Reference

Yes, it's so. And I'm not a Calvinist.

Nonsense!

The rest of your reply was your abuse of scripture and your puffed gnosis knowledge at my epignosis knowledge which can't be puffed up.

The rest of my [abusive] scripture is beneath you to undertake a reply.

You have a personal vendetta, so you just attempt to bully in your pride of insecurity.

No, It didn't begin that way. Your conceit and condescending manner did.

Go worship your egreogore.

Go worship yours __ whatever it is.

You are a Calvinist __ a Lapsarian to boot. If I am wrong, blame yourself and for the reasons I have previously stated you choose to ignore!

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Nonsense!

Nope.

The rest of my [abusive] scripture is beneath you to undertake a reply.

No need to respond to your abuses of scripture.

No, It didn't begin that way. Your conceit and condescending manner did.

You were the continued aggressor. I never even addressed you until you repeatedly impugned everything I said.

Go worship yours __ whatever it is.

Your egregore is waiting.

You are a Calvinist __

Do tell!?! LOL. Ummm... Nope.

a Lapsarian to boot.

Would that be Supra- or Sub- Lapsarian? Gosh, I need to be sure I'm rightly assigned any wrong labels by novice heretics. Do tell!?!

All Lapsarian views, including Intra-, are fallacious. Try again.

If I am wrong,

You always are.:baby:

blame yourself

Why would I be to blame for your foolishness? But I suppose you can't much take responsibility for yourself about much, so that's an expected response.

and for the reasons I have previously stated you choose to ignore!

Wow. It would have to be true, almighty Lord Cross Reference.

Feel free to grow up any time. Aggressor.

Cross Reference

Yep.
No need to respond to your abuses of scripture.

You didn't think so that you would call them, absusive.

You were the continued aggressor. I never even addressed you until you repeatedly impugned everything I said.

Negative! I impugn, and still do, the way you say everything.

Your egregore is waiting.

Whatever. What dictionary is that "pinheaded" word found in?

Do tell!?! LOL. Ummm... Nope.

And how would anyone know?
Would that be Supra- or Sub- Lapsarian? Gosh, I need to be sure I'm rightly assigned any wrong labels by novice heretics. Do tell!?!

Prove me to be a heretic! Run my knowledge out to see where it goes . . as I did yours.

All Lapsarian views, including Intra-, are fallacious. Try again.

Your presentation is fallacious as well as being from conceit no man of God would dare embrace.

You always are.:baby:

I need to be for you to continue in your abstract way. You see no value in anything others have to say and evidence it in your manner of condescension.

Why would I be to blame for your foolishness? But I suppose you can't much take responsibility for yourself about much, so that's an expected response.

Why? Why do you persist in your extreme abstracts no normal person would dare to challenge due to your impossible to understand, convoluted thinking and choice of words to support it? You edify no one by your presumption and refuse to be admonished.
Wow. It would have to be true, almighty Lord Cross Reference.

Funny, you never address them.

Feel free to grow up any time. Aggressor.

Thank you.

Cross Reference

He would not allow one of His regenerate children to continue in adultery.

How many folk you know you supposed to have been "regenerated" who turned away to return to the world? I suppose you might think a Christian should live like the world with the hope of influencing some?

Last edited: