ECT If God healed you while you were living in open sin . .

newbirth

BANNED
Banned
So are you saying temptation = sin?
of course not how did you arrive at that...????....the tempter cannot get to you if you are hid in Christ......so if you are being tempted it means you are already drawn away from Christ......and scripture says resist the devil and he will flee .....if you succumb to temptation you will fulfil your lust and when the lust is conceived it brings forth sin....but the origin is not temptation but being drawn away from Christ

newbirth

BANNED
Banned
Made up.Or, you are not convicted, as you, and everyone, has bad thoughts every day.

I cannot speak for everyone else but I do have them....the point is we cannot have them while abiding in Christ....we would have already been drawn away from him....there is no evil in Christ...

newbirth

BANNED
Banned
Those passages, that reference in "inability" to sin, are not written about me, or any other member of the boc. It's a reference to those, in the future, who, being "born again," in resurrected bodies, and spiritually regenerated, will have the capacity to "not sin."
so you are saying the body of Christ is a haven for sin...and we can sin in Christ.....and who is ..whosoever....
1 John 3:5
And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

seems to me you are saying God accepts sin...
Romans 12:1
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

newbirth

BANNED
Banned
I do.

Are you tempted to steal? Then surely you must covet something. Ergo, you can't be tempted to steal without coveting first.

Jesus was tempted but never sinned....so I disagree.....a tempter can come to you with an enticing proposition which you never coveted and tempt you...that does not mean you sinned

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
everyone knows what sin is....

No. Everyone knows a certain spectrum of horrific actions are the depth of sin. Very few know what sin actually is. Not sins, as resulting actions of acting to establish acts.

Sin. Singular articular hamartia.

The height of sin can be everything one does in their entire life if it's not of faith. And it's an epidemic among alleged professing Believers.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
so you are saying the body of Christ is a haven for sin...and we can sin in Christ.....and who is ..whosoever....
1 John 3:5
And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

seems to me you are saying God accepts sin...
Romans 12:1
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

You really need to check the Greek grammar for those verbs. This references continuous and repeated action as habitual sin, not individual inward conduct of the heart or outward manifested conduct as acting and actions.

And there's no sin imputed to the hypostasis (inner man) of anyone who is IN Christ. Most, however, are only saved by trust, mistaking it for faith. (Romans 8:24-25)

As I said, few even know what sin is, but most presume to because they have some general concept of wrong-doing. Sin is the inner condition of lacking God's righteous standard for character and conduct. THAT's the missing share/part that means all action is missing the mark of God's standard because it's whatever we believe in place of God's Logos, which IS truth. We believe a lie and that determines who and what we are by inner condition.

Most are just referring to some form of Neo-Judaism and law methodology with attempted behavior management while hiding behind a false fascade that becomes their real self.

Sin is a somethinglessness, not a something. It's a lack of something.

newbirth

BANNED
Banned
Jumping in real quickly here...I was reading a 19th century church historian (I think he was Lutheran?) who essentially asserted that the idea of sin (as Christianity defines it and we understand it today) was not really an issue for most people. Their alienation from their god(s) was not because they were sinners and their god was (or gods were) more righteous, but rather a sense that they were removed from them and simply had more power. When Jesus said the Holy Spirit would reprove the world of sin, I get the sense that even that basic understanding that sin existed (and separated man from God) was being conveyed to the whole world. Before that, Israel was (as far as I know) the only people who had such a conception of sin (via the Law of God).
if that were so then Sodom and Gommorah had known no sin and were unjustly destroyed...when Adam and Eve sinned...they gained knowledge of good and evil as did all men....what Israel had was the identification of sin ...the command not to sin and the ordinances for the purification from sins....

Cross Reference

No. Everyone knows a certain spectrum of horrific actions are the depth of sin. Very few know what sin actually is. Not sins, as resulting actions of acting to establish acts.

The height of sin can be everything one does in their entire life if it's not of faith. And it's an epidemic among alleged professing Believers.

Pack it in, will ya?

newbirth

BANNED
Banned
You really need to check the Greek grammar for those verbs. This references continuous and repeated action as habitual sin, not individual inward conduct of the heart or outward manifested conduct as acting and actions.
I understand the continuous action but scripture says....
1 John 5:17
All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

And there's no sin imputed to the hypostasis (inner man) of anyone who is IN Christ. Most, however, are only saved by trust, mistaking it for faith. (Romans 8:24-25)
no sin is imputed to anyone who is in Christ...because you cannot sin in Christ...
1 John 3:6
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

As I said, few even know what sin is, but most presume to because they have some general concept of wrong-doing. Sin is the inner condition of lacking God's righteous standard for character and conduct. THAT's the missing share/part that means all action is missing the mark of God's standard because it's whatever we believe in place of God's Logos, which IS truth. We believe a lie and that determines who and what we are by inner condition.
you are saying if you believe right and do nothing or do wrong it is your inner condition that is judged ???
Romans 7:7
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Most are just referring to some form of Neo-Judaism and law methodology with attempted behavior management while hiding behind a false fascade that becomes their real self.
being in Christ is behavior management...also known as obedience...the disobedient cannot manage their behavior

Sin is a somethinglessness, not a something. It's a lack of something.
sin is a something...(disobedience)ask Adam....he lacked obedience

newbirth

BANNED
Banned

if it is not of faith then one is not a believer...the whole concept of Christ is based on faith/belief ....so to assume one is doing everything his entire life not of faith ....is to assume that one is not in Christ....

this is the faith we have....that we do that which is right....

1 John 3:10
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I understand the continuous action but scripture says....
1 John 5:17
All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

no sin is imputed to anyone who is in Christ...because you cannot sin in Christ...
1 John 3:6
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

you are saying if you believe right and do nothing or do wrong it is your inner condition that is judged ???

No. The inner condition is what one repents of unto salvation, not individual acts. But you evidently prefer law methodology.

Romans 7:7
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Law (and law methodology) is the strength of sin. The law ceased in Christ.

being in Christ is behavior management...also known as obedience...the disobedient cannot manage their behavior

sin is a something...(disobedience)ask Adam....he lacked obedience

Dis- is a privation or negation of something. It's a somethinglessness. The missing share or part.

Behavior management is law methodology. The only answer is to rest in Christ, having ceased from our own works.

And hope is not faith.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
if it is not of faith then one is not a believer...the whole concept of Christ is based on faith/belief ....so to assume one is doing everything his entire life not of faith ....is to assume that one is not in Christ....

Romans 8:24-25 indicates hope doth now save us. One must know the relationship between elpis (hope/trust) and pistis (faith). Most presume the latter is the former because it's salvific as faith underlies hope as trusting expectation of future gain.

Many are only in hope, not faith; and thus not in Christ, though saved if they hold fast the rejoicing in that hope. (Trust is a better term because hope in English is wishful and not expectant.)

this is the faith we have....that we do that which is right....

1 John 3:10
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

And yet, that can be not of faith, so it's sin.

Truster

Does He allow you to continue in any sin? If yes, why?

Yes the Almighty does allow a man to continue in sin sometimes. It is so the man will build up a healthy hatred of that sin and long to be free of it. It also increases our dependance in trust and of grace. Sin, in the regenerate man, has a humbling effect that can be seen in Job and Peter and Paul and me.

Sin in the regenerate man purges out self-justness/righteousness and always leaves a man a little smaller in his own eyes. A man that has been tried by sin never comes out of that trial the same as he went into it.

The fact of the matter in regard to sin is simple. The intents and the thoughts of the heart are sinful. The words of the lips are sinful. The actions of a man are sinful, but sin is not accounted unto the regenerate man.

Cross Reference

You already have, long ago. Likely everything you think, choose, feel, want, say, do, and are... is sin. And you don't even know it or you wouldn't have posted this thread about singling out adultery.

"Adultery" grabbed your attention, did it? I figured it would with some.

People who know their God will function. Pinheads of the pseudo intellectual type, one's without "Knowledge" professing to be what they never can be in their present inhibiting state, __ forget it.

Cross Reference

Yes the Almighty does allow a man to continue in sin sometimes. It is so the man will build up a healthy hatred of that sin and long to be free of it. It also increases our dependance in trust and of grace. Sin, in the regenerate man, has a humbling effect that can be seen in Job and Peter and Paul and me.

Sin in the regenerate man purges out self-justness/righteousness and always leaves a man a little smaller in his own eyes. A man that has been tried by sin never comes out of that trial the same as he went into it.

The fact of the matter in regard to sin is simple. The intents and the thoughts of the heart are sinful. The words of the lips are sinful. The actions of a man are sinful, but sin is not accounted unto the regenerate man.

<another one who believes he can live like the world and have Jesus, too.> "What fools these mortals be" __ Puck.