I will not vote for trump

THall

In what possible sense is Trump like Reagan?

1. A populist candidate that will actually win.

2. Mastery of the media that is uncommon.

3. The facts actually support most of their positions.

4. They both are following a failed Democratic President.

5. They both are opposed by the establishment of their own party.

6. They were both underestimated by their opponents.

7. They both brought a positive message to the people. (HOPE)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Reagan was a darling of big money, big interest power brokers. He wasn't really a populist, he simply connected a message of regeneration, positivism and manifest destiny to the average citizen who was weary of Carter blaming them, sometimes publicly, for the state of the nation.

Trump is using the trappings of a populist movement, but he represents the privileged elite a populist traditionally rails against.

:plain: Mastery? Reagan made people who disliked him into friends. Trump makes people who want to like him nervous.

Which facts on what positions? Every politician will claim that and Reagan wasn't exactly a straight arrow when it came to facts.

That's just partisan trash talking.

By the time Reagan won his bid he was liked by the powers that be. He was less well received earlier, but a lot of that had to do with his less than right wing policies as governor of California. At any rate, he was the presumptive nominee in the party race that led to his taking on the wobbly attempt by Carter to repeat.

I don't know why you think that. Reagan was the projected favorite to win the nomination, the economy was floundering and Carter was in trouble. He almost unhorsed Ford the bid prior. He was ahead in the polls shortly after getting the nomination.

Mostly not true for Trump. You should read the article I linked to.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Are you still singing his praises without being willing to admit you're voting for him?

I have never said I am voting for him.
I have just said he will win big.
Why do you lie and make up things that
are not true?

You don't know who I will be voting for,
why do you lie and pretend that you do?
Honesty is hard for you is it not?

journey

I've been a Republican all of my life, and I've said that I would vote for the the Republican nominee for POTUS in the general election. I really don't know now - for the first time. Trump is doing dumb and crazy things and may self-destruct. I've even wondered if Trump is doing it on purpose.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
many of us are angry but we are not all trump supporters
-so what do they have in common?
-lack of discipline
-they are rebelling against rules and regulations
-they want to be free
-that is a good thing but they can't afford it
-trump can afford it and somehow he is not held accountable for what he says
-this is really a theological argument
-you are free but there are consequences
-you are about to experience the consequences
-be prepared

Charity

I will not vote for trump
-I will continue to vote for all other republicans
-I will never vote for a democrat

-the idiots have taken over the republican party
-and
-we will all suffer the consequences
-we all have to do our best to protect ourselves
-no one knows what the future will bring
-but
-it is possible to know who we are voting for
-it is possible to know what is best for our country
-it is possible
-that
-it will have to get worse before it gets better
-be prepared

-this is where you find out
-who
-is not an idiot

The historical roman empier government system is still used today all over the world, At the roots, They made a Busness out of Sinning Sinners, lawfully forcing the nation to offer sacrifice and offerings for their sins, buying and selling Animal sacrifices, and the magic motive Taxation scoop for the foreign Roman government to suck out of the estate. The system is very famous for destroying a jew on behalf of a jew, and looting the people in a politicaly correct situations. Any Foreign force that is able to rise to government levels knows the system was established to run Nations far off. you might understand, that braking the law thats say-eth follow the law is timely when the Law has broken your spirit, That even you will consider turning the money exchangers Tables up, and enlightning the people that international economy will devastate every ounce of the dream for freedom, which was in fact fleeing from the clutches of the historical Roman government system, adopted by Royals, famous for destroying a jew on behalf of a jews, and looting the jewish temple gold, without ever being exposed...the beauty of a system that never convicts the tyrant using it.they walk away scot free.

Timotheos

Not voting for Trump is the same as voting for Hillary.

Perhaps. Both are equally bad, so what does it matter? Trump is no better than Hillary and Hillary is no better than Trump. A person could say "Not voting for Hillary is the same as voting for Trump." It's the same thing. Think about this, "Not voting for Trump OR Hillary is the same as not voting for Trump or Hillary."

You can elect one of these two if you want to. I won't.