I will not vote for trump

rexlunae

I don't see that happening. He is dividing the GOP and many GOP voters may stay home in November, causing the Democrats to take back congress AND have a Democrat President.

You're right about that, I think. Problem is, half of the GOP isn't a major party, can't win elections, and could only reach a majority by coalition.

That would be a disaster, and it would be a direct result of Trump's Ego.

It's not, really. It's a result of what the GOP has become. It was ripe for a demagogue to use race resentment and scapegoating to take over. Trump just happened to find the right way to do that.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
From WaPo:

The last time information from Donald Trump’s income-tax returns was made public, the bottom line was striking: He had paid the federal government $0 in income taxes.

The disclosure, in a 1981 report by New Jersey gambling regulators, revealed that the wealthy Manhattan investor had for at least two years in the late 1970s taken advantage of a tax-code provision popular with developers that allowed him to report negative income.

Today, as the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, Trump regularly denounces corporate executives for using loopholes and “false deductions” to “get away with murder” when it comes to avoiding taxes.

“They make a fortune. They pay no tax,” Trump said last year on CBS. “It’s ridiculous, okay?”​

kmoney

Hall of Fame
From WaPo:

The last time information from Donald Trump’s income-tax returns was made public, the bottom line was striking: He had paid the federal government $0 in income taxes.

The disclosure, in a 1981 report by New Jersey gambling regulators, revealed that the wealthy Manhattan investor had for at least two years in the late 1970s taken advantage of a tax-code provision popular with developers that allowed him to report negative income.

Today, as the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, Trump regularly denounces corporate executives for using loopholes and “false deductions” to “get away with murder” when it comes to avoiding taxes.

“They make a fortune. They pay no tax,” Trump said last year on CBS. “It’s ridiculous, okay?”​

Oh, but anna, Trump is surely a changed man. Right? Don't you believe it?

:readthis:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Trump’s Christian outreach: Now he’s working with an extremist faith healer who thinks he can control the oceans

It’s unclear how much work Amedia is currently doing for the Trump campaign, but the one meeting that Time reports he is involved in should be raising red flags. Amedia was the liaison between Trump and the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, an evangelical organization that claims a membership of 40,000 churches. Trump is clearly angling to use evangelicals as a way to make inroads with Hispanic voters, even though his primary victory was built largely on demonizing immigrants from Spanish-speaking countries.
NHCLC’s head, Samuel Rodriguez Jr., has previously criticized Trump’s plan to deport over 10 million undocumented immigrants, saying Trump would need “a Gestapo sort of apparatus” to accomplish this goal.

But after the Amedia-arranged meeting the NHCLC representative Mario Bramnick, Bramnick emerged offering an olive branch, saying, “Donald Trump showed a tremendous understanding and concern for the undocumented immigrants.”

The ease with which Trump won these folks over suggests Trump understands, far better than most would assume, what levers to pull with evangelical leaders. Christian conservatives, especially leaders, crave validation above all other things.

Christian conservatives tend to feel left out of the mainstream of American culture, even though they feel entitled to control it. That sense of thwarted entitlement makes them easy marks. A couple meetings at the Trump Tower, reassurances that the candidate believes they are the true Americans above all others, a “Make America Great Again” baseball cap: By providing them the validation they crave, you can win most of these folks over with a disturbing ease. Bramnick so quickly cozying up to a man who just spent months appealing to white racism against Hispanics is disturbing evidence of this.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I believe I'd vote for satan himself if it kept Hillary out of the white house :idunno:

Screen-Shot-2016-02-25-at-10.00.07-AM-1024x741.jpg

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Did you ever think it would come to this? I didn't.
Nope.

:chuckle: Not all of it.

Where are you getting your news and commentary from these days? I have probably a dozen sites I visit regularly.
For news, mostly Reuters, Daily Beast's Cheat Sheet, local newspaper, and NPR on the radio. Occasionally other places.
For commentary, almost nothing. I'd like to read more. Does American Thinker still make your cut?

shagster01

Trump’s Christian outreach: Now he’s working with an extremist faith healer who thinks he can control the oceans

It’s unclear how much work Amedia is currently doing for the Trump campaign, but the one meeting that Time reports he is involved in should be raising red flags. Amedia was the liaison between Trump and the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, an evangelical organization that claims a membership of 40,000 churches. Trump is clearly angling to use evangelicals as a way to make inroads with Hispanic voters, even though his primary victory was built largely on demonizing immigrants from Spanish-speaking countries.
NHCLC’s head, Samuel Rodriguez Jr., has previously criticized Trump’s plan to deport over 10 million undocumented immigrants, saying Trump would need “a Gestapo sort of apparatus” to accomplish this goal.

But after the Amedia-arranged meeting the NHCLC representative Mario Bramnick, Bramnick emerged offering an olive branch, saying, “Donald Trump showed a tremendous understanding and concern for the undocumented immigrants.”

The ease with which Trump won these folks over suggests Trump understands, far better than most would assume, what levers to pull with evangelical leaders. Christian conservatives, especially leaders, crave validation above all other things.

Christian conservatives tend to feel left out of the mainstream of American culture, even though they feel entitled to control it. That sense of thwarted entitlement makes them easy marks. A couple meetings at the Trump Tower, reassurances that the candidate believes they are the true Americans above all others, a “Make America Great Again” baseball cap: By providing them the validation they crave, you can win most of these folks over with a disturbing ease. Bramnick so quickly cozying up to a man who just spent months appealing to white racism against Hispanics is disturbing evidence of this.
If God is sending a tsunami toward your daughter, and you tell God to redirect to other children instead, and he does, doesn't that make you God?