I Support Capital Punishment

drbrumley

Freak, your such a fibber. The title of your thread says you support capital punishment. Which you certainly do not. So what we have here is this:

Freak argues that we are to forgive murderers. He insists that we incarcerate murderers . He says "forgive," but actually demand punishment. Freak does not sincerely believe in forgiveness. He only wants to decide on the penalty himself while rejecting the penalty God has commanded.

Freak

drbrumley said:
Freak, your such a fibber. The title of your thread says you support capital punishment. Which you certainly do not. So what we have here is this:

As stated in my very first post:

I firmly believe God directly executes judgment, according to His will and discretion, and death upon men and nations for certain offences. But this is God's prerogative not man's (nor a governments).

"We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did–and in one day twentythree thousand of them died. We should not test the Lord, as some of them did–and were killed by snakes.

Freak argues that we are to forgive murderers.
Actually that is entirely correct. I believe we should punish them. I believe in redemptive justice not killing people.

He insists that we incarcerate murderers .
There are many forms of punishment besides putting people in jail.

Freak does not sincerely believe in forgiveness.
:kookoo:

He only wants to decide on the penalty himself while rejecting the penalty God has commanded.
Actually the New Covenant has already decided.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Freak said:
It's easy for all these people to talk about putting people to death but if it came down to it they would be the first ones running out the doors.

Speak for yourself, weenie. I have no problem doling out punishment and if you ever break into my home while I'm inside, you will quickly find that out.

:Grizzly: :freak: :dead:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Jabez said:
It takes a big humble man not to demand the death penalty,Its way too easy to go for the death penalty.

This isn't about ease, it's about protecting society.

I have killed people in war time

Thank you for doing that, Jabez, I hope you got a bunch of them. :up:

have you BB?Didnt think so cause if you did you wouldnt want those nightmares,beleive you me.

I am not going to pretend I know what your nightmares are like, please don't impose them on me. Besides, killing on a battlefield isn't remotely similar to a government administering a deserved punishment such as execution.

Caille

BillyBob said:
If God has a problem with the death penalty, don't you think He has the power to change the hearts of legislators and force them to abolish it? Or is God not powerful enough to do that?

If God has a problem with abortion, don't you think He has the power to change the hearts of legislators and force them to abolish it? Or is God not powerful enough to do that?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Caille said:
If God has a problem with abortion, don't you think He has the power to change the hearts of legislators and force them to abolish it? Or is God not powerful enough to do that?

I don't know if He is or isn't, but He hasn't done it so far.

But you missed my Point. Freak is the person who is making the case that God alone is responsible for justice. I am simply pointing out that God has been particularly absent in this arena and until He decides to do something, it's up to us to maintain a safe society. As I have said more than once, when God decides to take over our justice system, I will happily relinquish all reliance on it.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Caille said:

That would be a topic for another thread.

Caille

BillyBob said:
I don't know if He is or isn't, but He hasn't done it so far.

But you missed my Point. Freak is the person who is making the case that God alone is responsible for justice. I am simply pointing out that God has been particularly absent in this arena and until He decides to do something, it's up to us to maintain a safe society. As I have said more than once, when God decides to take over our justice system, I will happily relinquish all reliance on it.

No, I got that point and agree.

The point has been made in this thread that we are to submit to authority.

Romans 13:
1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Why then do we pick and choose what laws we support ? If authority (the government) is not to be questioned, if it is to be deemed infallible, then why not support abortion rights as fervently as the death penalty ?

drbrumley

Caille said:

Billy, I think you walked into that one.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Caille said:
No, I got that point and agree.

The point has been made in this thread that we are to submit to authority.

Romans 13:
1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Why then do we pick and choose what laws we support ? If authority (the government) is not to be questioned, if it is to be deemed infallible, then why not support abortion rights as fervently as the death penalty ?

I never said that we shouldn't question the government. I said that I support Capital punishment and I said that God isn't doing anything to stop crime so it is up to us as humans to do so.

Try reading my comments again and stop trying to change the subject.

drbrumley

Caille said:

Do you Callie really need that question answered?

drbrumley

BillyBob said:
I never said that we shouldn't question the government. I said that I support Capital punishment and I said that God isn't doing anything to stop crime so it is up to us as humans to do so.

Try reading my comments again and stop trying to change the subject.

I would only say WHY should God stop crime when he has delegated that authority to us?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
drbrumley said:
Oh, enlighten me humanist.
Enlightenment must be achieved through diligent effort, grasshopper. :cool:

Do you have an answer for Caille?

If so, I haven't seen it posted yet... :think:

drbrumley

Zakath said:
Do you have an answer for Caille?

If so, I haven't seen it posted yet... :think:

Yes, I have an answer. Too bad folks like you don't care for it. Suit yourself I suppose.

Now where's your followup question.?