I have a question about observing God’s commands in light of New Testament scriptures

God's Truth

Ben Masada,

Exodus 19:5,6.

I mentioned to you the holy Bible aka the Tanach. BTW, every time Jesus referred to as the Holy Bible, he had the Tanach in mind. The NT he never even dreamed it would ever rise.

Jesus also said to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) Are you doing what Jesus said? I don't thing so but rather teaching that we have died for the Law. It means you prefer the gospel of Paul than that of Jesus.

Answer the question.

Do you want to have the gift of having the Holy Spirit of God live inside your heart or not?

God's Truth

Do you poke your spouse in the eye?

Do you not do it because you signed a pre-marital agreement not to?

How would you feel if your spouse-to-be gave you a huge list of DOs and DON'Ts saying they won't marry you unless you sign?

There is no place for laws in relationship. And relationship is what God wants from us.

Have you heard the marriage vows?

God's Truth

Do you poke your spouse in the eye?

Do you not do it because you signed a pre-marital agreement not to?

How would you feel if your spouse-to-be gave you a huge list of DOs and DON'Ts saying they won't marry you unless you sign?

There is no place for laws in relationship. And relationship is what God wants from us.

Acts 17:30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

Romans 13:9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

1 Corinthians 7:10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband.

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts.

1 Corinthians 14:37 If anyone thinks they are a prophet or otherwise gifted by the Spirit, let them acknowledge that what I am writing to you is the Lord’s command.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 [ Warning Against Idleness ] In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.

2 Thessalonians 3:12 Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the food they eat.

...and more!

I hope you can see you called that wrong.

We have a lot of do's and don't.

We are COMMANDED to obey.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What was my idea and what was not there?
What was there?

You need to answer.
I can answer when I am able. I am able to now. This is how I approach all communication. Please be patient with people.

The following is where you went wrong. Your idea is not in scripture.
Now answer carefully...how did the Jews clean themselves with blood so they could go to the temple to worship God?
The scripture you posted does not say what you said here.

God's Truth

1 Peter 1:22 Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart.

Our love is not even pure unless we obey God.

God's Truth

I can answer when I am able. I am able to now. This is how I approach all communication. Please be patient with people.

The following is where you went wrong. Your idea is not in scripture.
The scripture you posted does not say what you said here.

I gave you many scriptures showing that a person must be ceremonially clean or they could not even go in the temple, and they could not even eat the Passover meal.

Go study harder. It is a sad case indeed.

God's Truth

I'm not obeying any commands, I just love.

You have no deep understanding.

Read this and tell me what you think:

James was speaking of the ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Love is not harming your neighbor that is how we love our neighbors, we do no harm to them.

If you do not harm your neighbor by not murdering your neighbor, it is good and you have obeyed a commandment of do not murder.

If you do not harm your neighbor by committing adultery with your neighbor's wife, then you have obeyed another commandment.

If you do not harm your neighbor so you do not bear false witness against your neighbor, you have done right and obeyed yet another command.

If you STEAL from your neighbor, you have HARMED your neighbor, AND NOW YOU ARE GUILTY OF BREAKING THE WHOLE ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Do you understand now?

God's Truth

Predi thinks he loves by just loving and not obeying.

The Bible, the written Word of God says we love by obeying Jesus' commandments.

Even the wicked, the evil, the unbelievers love those who love them.

What does that really mean?

Obey God and you will find out.

HisServant

Are you saying you have a problem with Biblical Judaism? Judaism, whether old covenant or new covenant, is of God. It is in Judaism that we learn of the expectation of the Messiah who would come. We see this expectation fulfilled in Yeshua Messiah (Jesus the Christ). I know some about Messianic Judaism. I don't know that I agree with everything I have ever heard in Messianic Judaism. But I do believe Jesus is the Messiah.

Judaism served its purpose and is no longer applicable. Those that practice and/or revere it are only harking back to the glory days of old. You cannot mix the old with the new and be successful.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I mentioned that this is a growing movement in these days. I should have said that this is a growing movement in these LAST DAYS. When the Body of Christ is removed from the earth, then God will again turn to His People in order to fulfill all the prophecies concerning the Second Coming of Jesus. There are 300+ Messianic Congregations in Israel and the "movement" is fast growing. This is "setting the stage" for end-times when "all Israel will be saved" (see Romans ch. 11). Remember how Jesus explained how the entire O.T. was about himself? Jewish believers are learning these things presently.

Your comment here implies that such Messianic congregations are not currently saved members of the Body of Christ and that they would therefore be left here after the Body of Christ is removed.

Did you intend to imply that?

Predi

You have no deep understanding.

And you have no humility :) Who are you to tell me your understanding is better than mine? Nah, I'm smiling now, not mad or anything, but I do mean what I say.

James was speaking of the ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

James was speaking a lot about the law because he was writing his epistle to Jews who were born under the law.

If you do not harm your neighbor so you do not bear false witness against your neighbor, you have done right and obeyed yet another command.

Yesterday I made a commandment - thou shall not jump from airplanes without parachutes.

And guess what? Over 7 billion people listened to my command!

If you STEAL from your neighbor, you have HARMED your neighbor, AND NOW YOU ARE GUILTY OF BREAKING THE WHOLE ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Do you understand now?

I understand what you're saying. The thing is I will never be guilty! It's impossible. I am forgiven, unconditionally, eternally, period.

And so are you, regardless what you believe :banana:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I can hardly believe that you have no understanding about the NEW COVENANT and say you have no part of it.

If you believe in Jesus---then you have partaken in the NEW COVENANT.

If you come to Jesus for forgiveness of sins---then you have come to the COVENANT of his blood.

His blood is what you have to come to when you want to be washed.

The New Covenant had (will have) to do with Israel.

I don't have the time or the desire to teach you the entire Dispensational belief system and your one line arguments will only have an effect on those who already agree with you.

If you want to seriously discuss something in particular then I'm all for it but if you're only going to be a gadfly and throw annoying potshots, I'm already bored with it.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I see what you have said. But you haven't answered the question of if you believe as a Christian that you should obey God.

It's a stupid question that is obviously loaded!

Of course we are to obey God! It's an absolutely idiotic question to even ask and one that frankly insults the intelligence of anyone you ask it of.

I'm going to give you one last chance to respond to my answers to your questions. If whatever you say does not advance the discussion then I'm out. I don't have the time to waste on small minded fools who can't carry a conversation past one sentence.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I'm not obeying any commands, I just love.

This is the best post you've ever made on TOL - period.

I don't even have to have read them all to know it.
Whether on purpose or by accident, you've said in one sentence what the entire difference between law and grace is.