I have a question about observing God’s commands in light of New Testament scriptures

God's Truth

My understanding is that animal sacrifice speaks of atonement when the laws of Torah were followed correctly.
What does atonement mean? I know, but since you are clueless, please try to salvage any dignity you lost by speaking against the Bible earlier.
Jesus was not sacrificed as an animal sacrifice. But animal sacrifice did point to what He accomplished for our atonement in His death upon the cross. We know Him to be the lamb of God. The Bible says that Christ our Passover has been sacrificed. This was not a ritual sacrifice. It was not an human sacrifice (this would be forbidden by Torah).
You cannot be as the Jews who reject Jesus and a Christian at the same time.

He died for our sins being innocent and yet being murdered. That is, He was killed contrary to God's Holy Law. But here we have the blood of Jesus shed for us, and atonement, even in the new covenant.

Some believe God did not want animal sacrifice. But He is the one who commanded it.

You are so confused and it is best for you to be by yourself to figure things out.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What does atonement mean? I know, but since you are clueless, please try to salvage any dignity you lost by speaking against the Bible earlier.

You cannot be as the Jews who reject Jesus and a Christian at the same time.

You are so confused and it is best for you to be by yourself to figure things out.
I don't think you are correct in saying I have lost any dignity. I also have not spoken against the Bible. You made something up and asked me to answer you. But I don't have a scripture to talk about what you said.

You are wrong to say Jews reject Jesus. There are both Jews and Gentiles who reject Jesus. But, being a Jew does not mean you reject Jesus.

There are many Jews who are Christians. Christianity came from Judaism. There are Jews who are new covenant Jews. There are Jews and Gentiles, or even those who are of Judaism and Christianity (Christians can also be either Jew or Gentile) who talk about or discuss the old covenant and the new covenant. I have no problem with this.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
Just say it then.
Your lie has already been exposed several times.
But you still cling to the lie.

YOU say YOU DO NOT have to obey ANYTHING THAT JESUS SAYS.
Another lie from GT.
You just keep racking up the lies.
Not surprising, as we see how much you love to cling to lies.

Ben Masada

My understanding is that animal sacrifice speaks of atonement when the laws of Torah were followed correctly.

Jesus was not sacrificed as an animal sacrifice. But animal sacrifice did point to what He accomplished for our atonement in His death upon the cross. We know Him to be the lamb of God. The Bible says that Christ our Passover has been sacrificed. This was not a ritual sacrifice. It was not an human sacrifice (this would be forbidden by Torah). He died for our sins being innocent and yet being murdered. That is, He was killed contrary to God's Holy Law. But here we have the blood of Jesus shed for us, and atonement, even in the new covenant.

Some believe God did not want animal sacrifice. But He is the one who commanded it.

Jacob, you are committing a grave error to imply that Prophet Jeremiah was lying when he said that HaShem never commanded that sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel. Please, read Jeremiah 7:22. What you think when reading that HaShem commanded the sacrifices; it was not HaShem but Moses through the use of Pichuach Nephesh when he realized how difficult it would be to leave Egypt without the promise of sacrifices as the people wanted their religion with to be a religion like all others. After 430 years watching sacrifices of animals everyday in Egypt, they needed to be similar and not different from the others nations. Moses realized that it would be too hard not to comply and used of Pichuach Nephesh to make the Exodus a little easier to happen. But, Jeremiah was not lying; it is true that HaShem never commanded sacrifices for the Jews.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, you are committing a grave error to imply that Prophet Jeremiah was lying when he said that HaShem never commanded that sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel. Please, read Jeremiah 7:22. What you think when reading that HaShem commanded the sacrifices; it was not HaShem but Moses through the use of Pichuach Nephesh when he realized how difficult would be to leave Egypt without the promise of sacrifices as the people wanted their religion with to be a religion like all others. After 430 years watching sacrifices of animals everyday in Egypt, they needed to be similar and not different from the others nations. Moses realized that it would be too hard not to comply and used of Pichuach Nephesh to make the Exodus a little easier to happen. But, Jeremiah was not lying; it is true that HaShem never commanded sacrifices for the Jews.

I'm not convinced about what the verse is saying. The Law of Moses is God's Law. Moses is a prophet of God. God's Law sets Israel apart from the nations. The Law of Moses includes sacrifice. It is not Moses' Law. It is not man's law. It is God's Law.

This is my understanding.

Ben Masada

I'm not convinced about what the verse is saying. The Law of Moses is God's Law. Moses is a prophet of God. God's Law sets Israel apart from the nations. The Law of Moses includes sacrifice. It is not Moses' Law. It is not man's law. It is God's Law.

This is my understanding.

The sacrifices of animals is not God's Law. You can't find the command to sacrifice animals in the Decalogue. Why? Because that command was of Moses and not of God. HaShem would accept for the sake of Moses whose decision to apply Pichuach Nephesh the Lord agreed with. Hence, Moses had the divine authorization to agree with his claim to keep the sacrifices at home and not spread into others more complicated acts of idolatry. Although this was exactly what ended up happening. How many times through History we have the Lord claiming that He wanted mercy and not sacrifice? At the end He said to His Prophet Jeremiah; you know what? I never commanded that sacrifices be part of the life of Israel. That's why so long is taking for the rebuilding of the Temple. Because, with the rebuilding of Temple, definitely, the sacrifices will be back and, I hope the Lord never allow it to be rebuilt. If not for any other reason, to keep the sacrifices away.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The sacrifices of animals is not God's Law. You can't find the command to sacrifice animals in the Decalogue. Why? Because that command was of Moses and not of God. HaShem would accept for the sake of Moses
whose decision to apply Pichuach Nephesh the Lord agreed with. Hence, Moses had the divine authorization to agree with his claim to keep the sacrifices at home and not spread into other more complicated acts of idolatry. Although this was exactly what ended up happening. How many times through History we have the Lord claiming that wanted mercy and not sacrifice. At the end He said to His Prophet Jeremiah; you know what? I never commanded that sacrifices be part of the life of Israel. That's why so long is taking for the rebuilding of the Temple. Because, with the rebuilding of Temple, the sacrifices will be back and, I hope the Lord never allow it to be rebuilt. If not for any other reason, to keep the sacrifices away.

I take issue with you saying sacrifice according to the Law of Moses was not of God.

God's Truth

I don't think you are correct in saying I have lost any dignity. I also have not spoken against the Bible. You made something up and asked me to answer you. But I don't have a scripture to talk about what you said.

You are wrong to say Jews reject Jesus. There are both Jews and Gentiles who reject Jesus. But, being a Jew does not mean you reject Jesus.

There are many Jews who are Christians. Christianity came from Judaism. There are Jews who are new covenant Jews. There are Jews and Gentiles, or even those who are of Judaism and Christianity (Christians can also be either Jew or Gentile) who talk about or discuss the old covenant and the new covenant. I have no problem with this.

Nothing you said about me here is true.

It does not matter to address everything you spoke wrong about me because it might encourage you to keep speaking to me and I am done debating with you.

God's Truth

Jacob does not even know why the Jews sacrificed animals and how they had to clean/purify themselves just to go to the temple to worship God.

I have tried to explain it to him but he just comes back saying untruths about me.

God's Truth

I don't even know what tactic you are using. All I know is that you have said things about me that are untrue. God speed.

Shalom.

I have done no such thing to you. You said I made things up about the Bible. Prove it now that I did or repent of your slander.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I have done no such thing to you. You said I made things up about the Bible. Prove it now or did or repent of your slander.

You said I am supposed to wash in blood. I don't see that anywhere in Torah. I quoted what you said, and your verses did not say what you said.

You have an evil view of Torah.

You also are not to demand anything of me.

Are you either wishing or hoping for my destruction or demise? Something I have said somewhere some time may have given you cause for being offended?

If I have done anything you are hurt by, I apologize. Please don't devote any of your time to destroying me. You said I have lost dignity. I have lost no dignity at all. Each and every one of us as human beings have dignity and worth.

May God bless you as you learn from Him. Shalom. God's peace to you.

God's Truth

You said I am supposed to wash in blood.

Show where I said you are supposed to wash in blood. Show it now or repent.

We are to be washed with the blood of Jesus.

I don't see that anywhere in Torah. I quoted what you said, and your verses did not say what you said.

What did I say that is nowhere in the Bible. Show it now.
You have an evil view of Torah.

You are a liar. Prove I have an evil view of the Torah.

You also are not to demand anything of me.

I can demand a person who bears false witness and lies about me.

You need to prove these things you have slandered me with. If not for God, then for the rules of this site.

Are you either wishing or hoping for my destruction or demise? Something I have said somewhere some time may have given you cause for being offended?

Are you paranoid? You are not to think the worst of others. I do not wish for anyone's demise.

If I have done anything you are hurt by, I apologize. Please don't devote any of your time to destroying me. You said I have lost dignity. I have lost no dignity at all. Each and every one of us as human beings have dignity and worth.

Quote me exactly and in context. I see now that you have lost all dignity, because you are speaking untruths about me.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Show where I said you are supposed to wash in blood. Show it now or repent.

We are to be washed with the blood of Jesus.

What did I say that is nowhere in the Bible. Show it now.

You are a liar. Prove I have an evil view of the Torah.

I can demand a person who bears false witness and lies about me.

You need to prove you these things you have slandered me with. If not for God, then for the rules of this site.

Are you paranoid? You are not to think the worst of others. I do not wish for anyone's demise.

Quote me exactly and in context. I see now that you have lost all dignity, because you are speaking untruths about me.

I will find your words and quote them again so you can see them again if I am able to. I don't know how you did not see the quote when I quoted it the first time you asked me to.

God's Truth

Show what I made up about the Bible.

Show where I have an evil view of the Old Testament.

Show where I said you are supposed to be washed in blood.

Show where I wish your demise or destruction.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Show each accusation along with each proof.

There are no accusations. Just a quote and my interpretation of what you are saying to me with me knowing it is not Biblical. See post #215. I do not need to wash in blood. Why do you say "just to go to the temple". You are acting like going to the temple is a drag or a chore or something. Again, unBiblical.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Show what I made up about the Bible.

Show where I have an evil view of the Old Testament.

Show where I said you are supposed to be washed in blood.

Show where I wish your demise or destruction.

By saying I have lost dignity you are putting me down. I have the dignity that God gave me and you can't take it away from me.

God's Truth

There are no accusations. Just a quote and my interpretation of what you are saying to me with me knowing it is not Biblical. See post #215. I do not need to wash in blood. Why do you say "just to go to the temple". You are acting like going to the temple is a drag or a chore or something. Again, unBiblical.

NO! You made some slanderous accusations about me. YOU go and post exactly what I said. Do not send me off to a post. You are the one who made slanderous accusations so you prove it.