I am disgusted!

Mr. 5020

ShadowMaid said:
Mr. 5020, do you really believe it's "The End" of the Schiavo case? Do you want it to be?
I'm sure there are many more court cases on the way, if that's what you're asking.

Mr. 5020

Wamba the Fool said:
This situation. The Terri Schiavo situation. You can break the law and get here water. What do you do?
There was no point to doing in this situation. It would have just prolonged the torture. The only way to get anything done in this case was through legal routes, which, unfortunately, failed us.

ShadowMaid

Mr. 5020 said:
I'm sure there are many more court cases on the way, if that's what you're asking.

Yes, I have the feeling that there are going to be more court cases also.

I mean, now that it's over, do you just want people to drop it the subject? Go on?

Mr. 5020

ShadowMaid said:
Yes, I have the feeling that there are going to be more court cases also.

I mean, now that it's over, do you just want people to drop it the subject? Go on?
Not at all. Citizens everywhere, including myself, should be urging their congressmen to look into legislature that would stop this from happening again. I'm sure, with time, they can come up with something. Unfortunately, the laws they passed this time were done in haste, so they had legal holes.

ShadowMaid

Mr. 5020 said:
Not at all. Citizens everywhere, including myself, should be urging their congressmen to look into legislature that would stop this from happening again. I'm sure, with time, they can come up with something. Unfortunately, the laws they passed this time were done in haste, so they had legal holes.

Okay, now I'm moving onto a different topic, which Wamba and Imrahil have right now.

Mr. 5020

ShadowMaid said:
Okay, now I'm moving onto a different topic, which Wamba and Imrahil have right now.
I hope that I answered your questions. I don't want you to think I'm "swinging like a pendulum" or anything.

Mr. 5020

Imrahil said:
No such thing. If you are doing the right thing, it's the right thing
There's no such thing as doing the right thing the wrong way? How many times have you heard, "You were right. You just did it the wrong way."?

ShadowMaid

Mr. 5020 said:
I hope that I answered your questions. I don't want you to think I'm "swinging like a pendulum" or anything.

So far you're pretty consistant in what you're saying. You don't believe the case of Terri Schiavo should be forgotten, and something should be done to try and keep this from happening. I think where you and I disagree is what should be done to try and prevent this.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
There's no such thing as doing the right thing the wrong way? How many times have you heard, "You were right. You just did it the wrong way."?
I don't think I've ever heard that actually. But do you think that it is shortsighted or immoral to do things the "wrong way"?

Mr. 5020

Imrahil said:
I don't think I've ever heard that actually. But do you think that it is shortsighted or immoral to do things the "wrong way"?
It can be immoral to do things the wrong way. A sniper that goes around shooting rapists will serve in prison right next to a rapist.