Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mr. 5020 said:
No no no...misunderstanding. I would have been fine with medical treatment. But 300 people busting into a hospital to give her a drink of water, only to be overtaken by the police, would have just added a few days to the starvation process.

If something is needed to save a person's life, why would you withhold it simply because certain want to murder her?

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
In the dialogue mentioned before, you asked if I would condemn a sniper who took out a rapist, kidnapper, etc., should it be made legal. I answered in the affirmative, to which you said, "Why would you condemn someone who saved an innocent life?" You are now telling me that a sniper taking out a rapist would be wrong, so yest, I do see some inconsistency.

I was asking if you would condemn someone who kills a rapist/murderer as they are commiting their crime. That would save an innocent life. I wasn't saying that they should simply kill them at any point in time.

Mr. 5020

Poly said:
If something is needed to save a person's life, why would you withhold it simply because there is a possibility that evil people will eventually murder her?
It was not a possibility, it was a certainty. Unless they had some plan to keep her alive for a few more weeks, they would have done nothing but torture her longer.

Mr. 5020

Imrahil said:
I was asking if you would condemn someone who kills a rapist/murderer as they are commiting their crime. That would save an innocent life. I wasn't saying that they should simply kill them at any point in time.
If the rapist was going to do it again, wouldn't shooting him save lives?

ShadowMaid

Mr. 5020 said:
It was not a possibility, it was a certainty. Unless they had some plan to keep her alive for a few more weeks, they would have done nothing but torture her longer.

So it's best just to give up, correct?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mr. 5020 said:

But what if the courts were finally in favor of keeping her alive but because she had gone ever so long without water, it was too late?

What about cancer patience who have a short time to live? Should we keep any kind of nourishment from them since they're going to die anyway? Would this be torturing them since this might prolong their life?

Mr. 5020

ShadowMaid said:
So it's best just to give up, correct?
How many times have you asked this? And one more time, I will say "no." They should not have given up anything except marching up to the door and getting arrested.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
If the rapist was going to do it again, wouldn't shooting him save lives?

He's not doing anything at the moment though is he? Surely you see that there is a big difference between intervening in the commision of a crime and killing someone a month before he's going to commit said crime.

Mr. 5020

Poly said:
But what if the courts were finally in favor of keeping her alive but because she had gone ever so long without water, it was too late?
She wouldn't have gone so long without water if they had kept giving her water by rushing the building.
Poly said:
What about cancer patience who have a short time to live? Should we keep any kind of nourishment from them since they're going to die anyway? Would this be torturing them since this might prolong their life?
No. I never said to take her nourishment away, ever.

ShadowMaid

Mr. 5020 said:
How many times have you asked this? And one more time, I will say "no." They should not have given up anything except marching up to the door and getting arrested.

So, they shouldn't give up protesting, but they should give up on trying to save Terri.

Mr. 5020

Imrahil said:
He's not doing anything at the moment though is he? Surely you see that there is a big difference between intervening in the commision of a crime and killing someone a month before he's going to commit said crime.
So it's ok to shoot him sometimes, but not other times. So, the right thing would be putting him to death. But doing it later would be doing the right thing the wrong way.

julie21

Poly said:

Poly....in all sincerity, and with absolutely no malice, Terri would have needed a lot more than just a few sips of water to have that happen, that is, get her back to the point where her system would function enough to sustain her, if the courts had overturned their decision.
I see the individuals with cancer as a totally different kettle of fish...there is currently no battle going on with regard to this issue for an individual as far as I know. Speaking as one who has had a mother die of cancer, and a sister currently dying of it, I would believe that as long as there was a life, then any form of euthenasia would be not in our families agenda. But then again, my sister would have her own opinion on this, I am sure.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
So it's ok to shoot him sometimes, but not other times.
It is always right to intervene in the commission of a crime. If it is necessary to kill the criminal to protect that woman than yes, go for it.

Mr. 5020 said:
So, the right thing would be putting him to death.
If the government sentences someone who has committed a capital crime to death, that is absolutely the right thing to do.

Mr. 5020 said:
But doing it later would be doing the right thing the wrong way.

If you are refering to a private citizen taking the law into his own hands, it would be wrong for him to kill that criminal simply for veangence's sake.

As I said, there is a big difference between killing a rapist in the commission of the crime and killing a rapist somply for revenge. It is the right and duty of every person to protect the innocent.

It is not the duty of every citizen to execute that man after the fact because that authority has only been delegated to the government.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
julie21 said:
Poly....in all sincerity, and with absolutely no malice, Terri would have needed a lot more than just a few sips of water to have that happen, that is, get her back to the point where her system would function enough to sustain her, if the courts had overturned their decision.
But do you feel it is ok with God that we take it upon ourselves to decide when one is beyond help in being given a glass of water?

Art Deco

Wamba the Fool said:
I am disgusted. I am disgusted by the pro life movement. I am disgusted with the Republicans. I am disgusted with our jelly spined Christians who are saying that assisted suicide is alright! I am disgusted with talk show hosts: Hugh Hewit, with Sean Hannity, with Matt Drudge etc. etc. etc.

They hold majority rules and our wicked laws over God's law. I am infuriated. There are not many words to describe my anger.

Terri Schiavo is starving to death and our Republican, jelly spined Christians are saying that Jeb Bush was right not to break the law and take the National Guard and storm the building to give Terri Schiavo nourishment.

Some say that we were keeping her alive by artificial means but all they were doing was giving her food and water, not keeping her alive on an iron lung! And don't you eat? All need to eat.

This country is not going to Hell in a handbasket; it's going to Hell with jet rockets.

Deceived by 'Pontius Pilate' Bush

The hypocrite leftist Democrats and some sassy Republicans joined together to let an innocent woman, who was fighting for life, to die. I, as millions of evangelicals, was deceived by W. Bush's rhetoric about life, moral values and faith.

Our fight is not only against a tyrant judiciary who usurped the true spirit of the Constitution, but also against a president and a Congress who decided to follow Pontius Pilate's example by not acting firmly in rescuing this disabled woman from being murdered by an adulterous husband, a greedy lawyer, a biased judge, and a dishonest doctor.

I regret my vote went to Bush – he betrayed Republican principles, the Constitution and the great majority of evangelicals.

Caesar M. Arevalo
Just a little taste of what the Christian Right thinks about the sell out to the "Culture of Death"

Art Deco

Wamba the Fool said:
I am disgusted. I am disgusted by the pro life movement. I am disgusted with the Republicans. I am disgusted with our jelly spined Christians who are saying that assisted suicide is alright! I am disgusted with talk show hosts: Hugh Hewit, with Sean Hannity, with Matt Drudge etc. etc. etc.

They hold majority rules and our wicked laws over God's law. I am infuriated. There are not many words to describe my anger.

Terri Schiavo is starving to death and our Republican, jelly spined Christians are saying that Jeb Bush was right not to break the law and take the National Guard and storm the building to give Terri Schiavo nourishment.

Some say that we were keeping her alive by artificial means but all they were doing was giving her food and water, not keeping her alive on an iron lung! And don't you eat? All need to eat.

This country is not going to Hell in a handbasket; it's going to Hell with jet rockets.

More disgust from Americans who are starting to say a pox on both your houses:
TUESDAY, APRIL 5, 2005

I am disgusted with Bush "justice." It is a very nasty joke that Mr. Burglar goes unpunished, while servicemen are being sent to prison for defending their country under hellish conditions.

This administration is a heartbreaking disappointment on so many fronts. In a matter of days:

1. President Bush commends Michael ("When is that ***** gonna die?") Schiavo for his "grace and dignity" after Schiavo successfully completes his government-sanctioned murder.

2. President Bush curtseys before Vicente Fox (again) and condemns the brave Minutemen as "vigilantes."

3. Sandy Burglar gets a pass (and probably a pat on the back).

4. Then there's Bush 41 and The Impeached One reprising their "tour" to the latest earthquake victims.

I am a business attorney, and I say this: The law is a big, fat ***.

So, behind closed doors at the White House, is our president strutting around in a flight suit, examining the events of the past week, and saying with a smirk: "Mission accomplished"?

Alan Foster

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Perhaps the divine message here is letting we, the people, know how far we have allowed the Culture of Death to flourish on our watch. Pointing the finger in all directions will accomplish nothing. Using the argument "and what did YOU do about it" merely deflects criticism from the person who also felt powerless in the situation.

Sermon Alert!

Did we, in fact, seek the Face of the Lord or did we depend on people who felt as helpless as we did? Do we now seek to blame those who were no better off than we were in this situation? Do any of us believe that God resolved it in His will? If any do, then pray to God for guidance and wisdom.

Terri Shiavo is now with Jesus. Her trial is over and she was "faithful unto death." If the Lord can't resove this seeming dilemma for you, no one else can.

Art Deco

Frank Ernest said:
Perhaps the divine message here is letting we, the people, know how far we have allowed the Culture of Death to flourish on our watch. Pointing the finger in all directions will accomplish nothing. Using the argument "and what did YOU do about it" merely deflects criticism from the person who also felt powerless in the situation.

Sermon Alert!

Did we, in fact, seek the Face of the Lord or did we depend on people who felt as helpless as we did? Do we now seek to blame those who were no better off than we were in this situation? Do any of us believe that God resolved it in His will? If any do, then pray to God for guidance and wisdom.

Terri Shiavo is now with Jesus. Her trial is over and she was "faithful unto death." If the Lord can't resove this seeming dilemma for you, no one else can.
Many prayers were offered on behalf of Terri Schiavo. God refused to save this women allowing the saints to search for answers. The answer is clear we as a nation are cursed by God. God's people are to blame for Terri's death. Our luke warm faith has displeased God.

As to pointing fingers. We (Christians) are primarily to blame. Secondarily, both political parties are responsible for Terri's death by their cowardly inaction. Where do we go from here? The worst is yet to come. The Church has been taken over by gutless cowards and spiritual lightweights. Only Second Chornicles 7:14 will reverse this trend.