I am disgusted!

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Zakath said:
But those descriptions can be medically accurate in certain situations. While Terri Shiavo is not "brain dead" she is in a PVS.

It's a matter of perspective. All humans are, in some sense, a blob of tissue.
Case in point.

The trick is the Christians try to demonize their opponents by comparing them to "Nazis" or other traditionally evil groups. I've borne the brunt of such namecalling several times in the last week. Particularly after I voiced an unpopular opinion about one of TOL's heroes... :rolleyes:
But those comparisons can be accurate in certain situations.

If the shoe fits...

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
It is not his job to be the judge, jury, and executioner.

He's not being judge, jury and executioner. He's protecting an innocent person from being murdered.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
Do they have the same result?
No. One ends with an innocent woman being murdered. The other ends with the woman alive and the evil rapist dead. One is bad and one is good.

Mr. 5020

Imrahil said:
No. One ends with an innocent woman being murdered. The other ends with the woman alive and the evil rapist dead. One is bad and one is good.
I see what you're saying, but that's what he have the legal system for. That why's we elect our leaders. Do what you wish, but be willing to be a criminal and accept the consequences thereof.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
I see what you're saying, but that's what he have the legal system for. That why's we elect our leaders. Do what you wish, but be willing to be a criminal and accept the consequences thereof.

Let me be clear. I'm not encouraging people to take on the role of judge. I am saying that it is morally and Biblically right to protect an innocent person if they are being attacked. That is different from avenging someone after the fact.

Mr. 5020

Imrahil said:
Let me be clear. I'm not encouraging people to take on the role of judge. I am saying that it is morally and Biblically right to protect an innocent person if they are being attacked.
By killing the other? You have a reference, of course.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
By killing the other? You have a reference, of course.

A reference supporting defending people? Sure. "Love your neighbor" is a good place to start but a specific example would be Moses defending the Israelite.

24 "And seeing one of them suffer wrong, he [Moses] defended and avenged him who was oppressed and struck down the Egyptian."
25 "For he supposed that his brethren would understand that God would deliver them by his hand, but they did not understand.

I know that this story is generally thought to be a murder but obviously, God was willing to use Moses right then to free the Israelites. God was going to bless the action and raise Moses up if only the people would follow. That doesn't sound like something God would do if it was a sin does it?

Mr. 5020

Imrahil said:
A reference supporting defending people? Sure. "Love your neighbor" is a good place to start but a specific example would be Moses defending the Israelite.

I know that this story is generally thought to be a murder but obviously, God was willing to use Moses right then to free the Israelites. God was going to bless the action and raise Moses up if only the people would follow. That doesn't sound like something God would do if it was a sin does it?
And as we know, that worked out real well.
26 And the next day he appeared to two of them as they were fighting, and tried to reconcile them, saying, "Men, you are brethren; why do you wrong one another?'
27 But he who did his neighbor wrong pushed him away, saying, "Who made you a ruler and a judge over us?
28 Do you want to kill me as you did the Egyptian yesterday?'
29 Then, at this saying, Moses fled and became a dweller in the land of Midian, where he had two sons.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
And as we know, that worked out real well.

26 And the next day he appeared to two of them as they were fighting, and tried to reconcile them, saying, "Men, you are brethren; why do you wrong one another?'
27 But he who did his neighbor wrong pushed him away, saying, "Who made you a ruler and a judge over us?
28 Do you want to kill me as you did the Egyptian yesterday?'
29 Then, at this saying, Moses fled and became a dweller in the land of Midian, where he had two sons.
(One last post for the night)

What does that have to do with the example? The fact that an Israelite was a sinner and a jerk to Moses doesn't change the fact that Moses did the right thing and God wanted to bless him for it.

ShadowMaid

Mr. 5020 said:
Shadowmaid said,

Can you show me my contradictory posts?

I've looked back, it seems your posts are pretty consistant. But I'm having trouble now in understanding yours posts. I'm confused on where you stand exactly, and I apologize for a, perhaps, false accusation. :eek:

Mr. 5020

ShadowMaid said:
I've looked back, it seems your posts are pretty consistant. But I'm having trouble now in understanding yours posts. I'm confused on where you stand exactly, and I apologize for a, perhaps, false accusation. :eek:
Good. Now give me a green box to replace the red box you already gave me. ;)