I am disgusted!

Mr. 5020

ShadowMaid said:
All they did but not all they wanted?
They may have genuinely wanted to give Terri water, but they did nothing even close to that. All they got was media attention.
ShadowMaid said:
Are you saying that people should stop protesting, and do it the "civil" way?
I think protesting is a civil way.
ShadowMaid said:
Wouldn't only Terri benefit from that?
I guess I don't need to reply to this part.

Chileice

Mr. 5020 said:
I disagree. People can lose the sanctity of their own life by taking another. For example, if I hold you hostage, and threaten to shoot you in the head, it would not be wrong for a police sniper to blow my brains all over the place.

Certainly people can do stupid things that may legitimately put them in peril but it does not make their lives of NO value. Unless you are a strict calvinist and hold that such a person was damned from the beginning, you cannot hold that line of thinking and maintain the grace of Christ. It is a logical fallacy.

Mr. 5020

Wow, I just now saw that this thread earned my 2 red boxes in my CP. One said, "What are you doing?" The other said, "Ugh! What ever happened to the normal 5020?"

Can't please 'em all all the time I guess.

ShadowMaid

Chileice said:
And why not? What are you afraid that you will find, that you too are an inconsequent person?

I'm not afraid that I'm wrong, I'm afraid that you're wrong. :) But A) this isn't the thread and B) I'm not about the discuss this, when it's just going to go around in circles. I'm sure you've talked about this many times with better debaters then I am.

Mr. 5020

Chileice said:
Certainly people can do stupid things that may legitimately put them in peril but it does not make their lives of NO value. Unless you are a strict calvinist and hold that such a person was damned from the beginning, you cannot hold that line of thinking and maintain the grace of Christ. It is a logical fallacy.
I am not a strict Calvinist, nor am I saying that their life is of no value; I am saying that I would happily pull the trigger in that instance.

ShadowMaid

Mr. 5020 said:
They may have genuinely wanted to give Terri water, but they did nothing even close to that. All they got was media attention.

LOL! Mr. McBurney got real close! LOL!

I think protesting is a civil way.

So you're not against protesters, you're just against spotlight grabbers.

I guess I don't need to reply to this part.

I'm going to say this again, it's not just about Terri. It's about people seeing the truth.

Mr. 5020

ShadowMaid said:
So you're not against protesters, you're just against spotlight grabbers.
I guess I need to clarify, as that sounds like a oxymoron. I am not against protests that grab the spotlight. That is, of course, what protests are for. I am against someone trying to take the spotlight away from the protest and put it on himself/herself.
ShadowMaid said:
I'm going to say this again, it's not just about Terri. It's about people seeing the truth.
I agree.

Last edited:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mr. 5020 said:
Because I had read it, but couldn't find it.
Do you remember whether it was something he actually posted, a quote from someone else (like Jefferson), or hearsay?

Could it be that you mistook his Crow quote for his own words?

Do you see that the post I quoted contradicts what you said about him?

Mr. 5020

Turbo said:
Do you remember whether it was something he actually posted, a quote from someone else (like Jefferson), or hearsay?

Could it be that you mistook his Crow quote for his own words?

Do you see that the post I quoted contradicts what you said about him?
The correct post was quoted earlier in this thread, which apparently I had misunderstood. But, like Zakath said earlier, it was somewhat vague, and us non-Enyartians do not know where he stands already.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Chileice said:
Some are pro-death when it comes to criminals and pro-life when it comes to dying patients. But the reality is either ALL life is sacred or it AIN'T! People need to use some logic to make decisions that square with what they say they believe... not just following the lead of their favourite talking head. :hammer:

So if you are right, why do you think the Bible is so supportive of putting people to death?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mr. 5020 said:
The correct post was quoted earlier in this thread, which apparently I had misunderstood. But, like Zakath said earlier, it was somewhat vague, and us non-Enyartians do not know where he stands already.
Did you not realize he was quoting Crow? (Maybe I should put a quote box around it.)

ShadowMaid

Mr. 5020 said:
I guess I need to clarify, as that sounds like a oxymoron. I am not against protests that grab the spotlight. That is, of course, what protests are for. I am against someone trying to take the spotlight away from the protest and put it on himself/herself.

I know them personally. Karl and Mr. McBurney didn't do that just to get into the media. Doubt there's any way I could convince you of that though. I will say, they don't like getting arrested, but when the media does happen to get a few of their words into the paper, it helps spread the truth quicker. You would agree that's a good thing, right? If they were never arrested, and the paper never put one of the words in print, they would do it anyway, because it's the right thing to do.

How do you think this should be done?

Mr. 5020

ShadowMaid said:
I know them personally. Karl and Mr. McBurney didn't do that just to get into the media. Doubt there's any way I could convince you of that though.
I said earlier that I did not think that was the only reason they did it. But I suppose at this time you're so set against me, that all my words are evil.
ShadowMaid said:
I will say, they don't like getting arrested, but when the media does happen to get a few of their words into the paper, it helps spread the truth quicker.
Perhaps I missed the newspaper article where the truth (that goes beyond Terri) was stated.
ShadowMaid said:
You would agree that's a good thing, right?
That is correct.
ShadowMaid said:
If they were never arrested, and the paper never put one of the words in print, they would do it anyway, because it's the right thing to do.
That protest was already all over every paper in America.
ShadowMaid said:
How do you think this should be done?
I honestly do not know. The protest was a great idea, though.

Mr. 5020

Turbo said:
Did you not realize he was quoting Crow? (Maybe I should put a quote box around it.)
I did not, at the time. Like I said earlier, I misunderstood. I would never blaspheme the great Bob.

ShadowMaid

Mr. 5020 said:
I said earlier that I did not think that was the only reason they did it. But I suppose at this time you're so set against me, that all my words are evil.
Perhaps I missed the newspaper article where the truth (that goes beyond Terri) was stated.
That is correct.
That protest was already all over every paper in America.
I honestly do not know. The protest was a great idea, though.

Oh good, it seems we agree. :)

Ninjashadow

I think the real problem here is HOW they are letting her die. If it were a matter of "simply" pulling the plug and her heart stops and she dies immediately, I don't think that this would be as big a deal. However, having said that, what they are doing is torturing her. She is starving/dehydrating to death. I find it incredibly hard to believe that she told her 'husband', "Honey, if I ever wind up needing tubes to live, pull the tubes and let me slowly die a painful, miserable death."