Hurting People On TOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMJerusha

So, according to you, Jesus didn't need to come and die on the cross...men just had to obey. Gotcha. :thumb:

I didn't state that. I've never stated that.

I can see why you have so much trouble understanding the Bible...you can't even read what I've written without adding your nonsense to it.

Hey, I'm not the one painting Yeshua out to be two-faced. What He said on earth clearly counts for access into heaven. We don't get to pick and choose which of His teachings we'll adhere to and which we'll dismiss.

I treat YOU with contempt

...no kidding :plain: Such fruit!...not.

...because you spit on the cross with your ungodly preaching.

Yeshua's words are ungodly? I don't think so.

Were Adam and Eve allowed to live? Mercy and Grace.
Is Moses and Elijah in heaven? Mercy and Grace
Did God bring His people out of Egypt? Mercy and Grace
Did Jonah die in the belly of the fish? Mercy and Grace

Gosh the examples of God's Mercy and Grace pre-Yeshua are endless so why do you find my statement so funny?

It's the will of the Father that we BELIEVE on the Son. And, yes, I can see you're not buying it. Poor lost worker bee that you are.

Well, you can diminish me in your eyes and maybe in the eyes of some others but you can not diminish me in God's eyes....not for loving Him and Yeshua. Guess you'll just have to get over it.

The only thing you know is how to mix up a bunch of verses into a mash and hope it will be swallowed by the babes. Our Lord overcame the world, and it's our position IN HIM that makes us overcomers....our faith has given us the victory. Not our obedience to the commandments, but the obedience of FAITH.

Paul stated that it is the mature in the faith that believe as I and he do or did you miss that part?
You can't be obedient in faith unless you're obedient to God and Yeshua. If we remain in Him we will be obedient in love and that is what the Ruach leads us in.

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.​

Great verses Gdaz but they don't refute Yeshua's words.

Ah, He "helps" you so you can boast. Gotcha. :thumb:

In Yeshua...you betcha!

Ah, you even take credit for breathing. Cool. :chuckle:

Most living people do breathe, Gdaz, though we can't take credit for it. That isn't what I meant, however. Do you not believe that the teaching of the Scriptures by the Ruach is the very breath of God? It's how the Ruach feeds us so it's natural we should breathe in God's Word.

The "prize" is not salvation.

Oh yes, that is most certainly the "prize"...to be in the presence of God for all eternity.

You say, "I will continue to follow....so I will not be lost." Good luck with that. For myself, I have already passed from death unto life and I am seated with Christ in heavenly places right now. Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saves us.

Okay, I will continue to follow Yeshua and you do your thing.

My attitude is fine, little boasting toots. :chuckle:

Clearly you think so.

Don't overlook what that text is actually saying, IMJ....not what you read into what it's saying, but what it actually says. You want to glory in the so called "fruit" you claim you're producing.....you do so to your shame. The example you think you're setting is putrid and you can't even see it. :nono:

Fruit bearers don't glory in the fruit but rather in Yeshua and we can certainly glory in Him. You see Yeshua stated that only those who are in Him can bear fruit. So when you have contempt for one who boldly claims Yeshua as Mashiach, you are not bearing fruit because you are proclaiming contempt for Yeshua. The meaning of that word is interesting and very pertinent to this discussion: 1) the feeling that a person or a thing is beneath consideration, worthless, or deserving scorn 2) disregard for something that should be taken into account and 3) the offense of being disobedient to or disrespectful of a court of law and its officers. My example is putrid? Nah, just not buying that one either!

Phil. 3:16-20KJV
Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing. Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.​

Your citizenship (conversation) is here on this earth...not in heaven where it belongs. You are still under the schoolmaster.....those who trust in the Lord are no longer under that schoolmaster (the law). What is natural to the new man is a chore to you workers. It's why you focus so heavily on the works of the law....you are still looking at the flesh to find salvation.

You disagree with Paul who stated he had not already been made perfect and had not attained resurrection from the dead. I guess passing from death to life doesn't mean what you think it means. Paul wasn't ashamed of God's and Yeshua's commands nor of what Yeshua had done for Him. Why should I be? Sorry, you can't make me feel shame in Yeshua.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Indeed good works wrought in God will save---

Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

LA

Yeah, you are not doing enough mate.

Splain to us the most good works you ever did then splain why you think it will earn you everlasting life.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
What's the story with Meshak and her husband?

How do you belong to a church?

I won't go into meshackles private life...she has told the story herself.

There is but one church, meshackles has admitted she doesn't belong to Christ's church.

Yet she claims she is obedient to Jesus.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If you are born again, you will not say "your works cannot save you".

And you are again falsely representing me. You are such a liar.
Liars will not inherit God's kingdom, friend.

What works are you doing that earned you everlasting life? when you lay dying you will know you never did enough.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Good works do NOT save!

Not by themselves, but if one has no good works then one is lost.

Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Not by themselves, but if one has no good works then one is lost.

Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

LA

The good works are created by the indwelling Holy Spirit and
are to the Glory of God! Try to work your way to Heaven, you'll
fail miserably, my friend!

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When you chose to make that statement, you stepped outside of the Will of God and Yeshua. Yeshua clearly stated that whoever doesn't produce good fruit...good works...as a result of the leading of the Ruach, they are branches that will be cut off and thrown in the fire. So when folks go speaking evil of others, they are evidencing nothing of God or Yeshua or the Ruach. John 15

You are a "know-it-all" pie lady!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If you are born again, you will not say "your works cannot save you".

And you are again falsely representing me. You are such a liar.
Liars will not inherit God's kingdom, friend.

If you got saved you would quit boasting about your obedience and good works, the fact that you DO boast is a sure sign that you are not saved.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Excuse me? You have no right to speak for everyone here and every Protestant here does not have the same doctrinal view...obviously. If you want to jump into the bash Brothers and Sisters in Yeshua barrel, don't drag other Christians in there with you because Yeshua's not in that barrel and that goes for Catholics as well.

Ah, relax! Go bake a pie!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hairy long posts are not helpful, that's for sure. You left one out. Ezekiel 3:16-21

My point has always been to speak as the Ruach leads. He is not going to lead with words like idiot, moron, dummy, stupid, fool, etc. and there is no excuse for that behavior, not for believers. What is the point of hurting each other? It accomplishes nothing for God and every time we sin like that, we step outside of Yeshua because like His Father, Yeshua does not live in sin.

What about when you act up, pie lady?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The good works are created by the indwelling Holy Spirit and
are to the Glory of God! Try to work your way to Heaven, you'll
fail miserable, my friend!

If you have evil works then you are working your way to hell.

You speak evil of others most of the time yet expect that you will enter Heaven regardless of it.

Jas 3:2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
Jas 3:3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
Jas 3:4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
Jas 3:5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
Jas 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
Jas 3:7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
Jas 3:8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Jas 3:9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Jas 3:10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Jas 3:11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
Jas 3:12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
Jas 3:13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
Jas 3:14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
Jas 3:15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This thread is hurting me. You're all just mean

That is their fruit.

They know nothing else.

or if they do then they have forsaken Him.

Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

LA

Status
Not open for further replies.