How to tell if you're a Marxist

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Sure, you have my word on it. I only have the one regular IP address so it would be easy enough for Sherman to block it and stop me from coming back under sock accounts and it wouldn't be worth my time if I couldn't post from this one anyway.

It certainly was, back in the day. :chuckle: (My rep score was higher than that though...)

:noid:

It's a DEAL.

Arthur Brain

The problem is, TH PMed first and I was very surprised to see him do that, therefore, I PMed him back. That was the order that took place. I would stake my presence on TOL on that truth. If Sherman (Whom I explicitly respect) should find me guilty of perpetrating an outright lie, I would, of course, bow to her judgment and do the right thing. That's what honest people do. I stick with my claim and will not take it back under any circumstances.

I have placed TH on EGGNORE so, if he desires to contact me, he'll have to post his comment on someone else's post.

He's taken a screenshot of his PM inbox and outbox that proves you were the one to initiate contact. He also has no desire to see you take a permanent vacation.

Arthur Brain

I wasn't "fighting" with GM. I was just setting the record straight. No idea why he's intent on banging a drum with no head on it.

With apologies to anna and AMR, whose correspondence is also noted, here are screenshots of my inbox and sent PMs.

You'll note that they cover most of January to present. In my Inbox screenshot you'll see that GM sent "TH" on the 26th at 2:18 am and in the Sent capture you can see my response went out at 2:44 of the same morning.

And there it is.

And no, I don't actually want GM to leave the premises. No idea why he's set on doing that, but I assumed that whatever he was playing at would end with the challenge that no rational person would agree to being in his position.

View attachment 26394 View attachment 26395

Next.

For the benefit of GM.

fool

Hall of Fame
I wasn't "fighting" with GM. I was just setting the record straight. No idea why he's intent on banging a drum with no head on it.

With apologies to anna and AMR, whose correspondence is also noted, here are screenshots of my inbox and sent PMs.

You'll note that they cover most of January to present. In my Inbox screenshot you'll see that GM sent "TH" on the 26th at 2:18 am and in the Sent capture you can see my response went out at 2:44 of the same morning.

And there it is.

And no, I don't actually want GM to leave the premises. No idea why he's set on doing that, but I assumed that whatever he was playing at would end with the challenge that no rational person would agree to being in his position.

View attachment 26394 View attachment 26395

Next.

I think part of the problem here is that you're both awake at almost 3 in the Morning.

WizardofOz

Your screenshot doesn't include the whole picture. Back and forth communication. Who was first and who was second?

You guys are talking past each other. Town was referring to the very first PM in the conversation from March 26th. Grosnick is referring to the May 2nd/3rd exchange.

fool

Hall of Fame
That was the first day of our Spring Break mini-vacation. I was enjoying being a night owl again for a stretch. :chuckle:

As much as I want to scold you for wasting vacation time on TOL I admit that this being my favorite form of intellectual bubblegum chewing I too have stayed up late on vacation to catch up on Philosophizing.
We should both make better choices.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You guys are talking past each other. Town was referring to the very first PM in the conversation from March 26th. Grosnick is referring to the May 2nd/3rd exchange.
I was referring to the whole conversation, which consisted of two PM's from him to me and my responses. That's why everything past his initial "TH" has a big ol RE in front for it. There's no reason for him to forget that it was a response when his previous communication is in it, even if he somehow missed that RE.

Peculiar fellow, peculiar business.

Well, yes, it does. You started the convo, TH responded. The timestamps show this.

:AMR:
It does indeed. There's literally no reason for his position or defense of it. Even beginning with the 2nd it's clearly a response, both in title and within the responsive text containing his prior. Good grief.

Arthur Brain

I was referring to the whole conversation, which consisted of two PM's from him to me and my responses. That's why everything past his initial "TH" has a big ol RE in front for it. There's no reason for him to forget that it was a response when his previous communication is in it, even if he somehow missed that RE.

Peculiar fellow, peculiar business.

It does indeed. There's literally no reason for his position or defense of it. Even beginning with the 2nd it's clearly a response, both in title and within the responsive text containing his prior. Good grief.

Well, let's see if he tweets back...

:eek:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
As much as I want to scold you for wasting vacation time on TOL I admit that this being my favorite form of intellectual bubblegum chewing I too have stayed up late on vacation to catch up on Philosophizing.
I'd just finished this thing called EdTPA, about 30 pages of lesson planning, reflections, and data supported defense of methodologies. I needed to write something just for the heck of it.

We should both make better choices.
I've mostly been away and I miss a few of the old gang and the fun of anything unrelated to education. And if GM's posts are anything they're that. :eek: