How Religion Perverts the Nature and Character of God

Robert Pate

Banned
James said, "Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God..." (Acts 15:19 NKJV)

Trouble them with what, keeping the Mosaic law?

Peter said, "But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they." (Acts 15:11 NKJV)

James sent men to spy on Peter and Barnabas to see if they were eating with Gentiles. Galatians 2:11-14. A Jewish no, no.

James who was the head of the church in Jerusalem also wanted to circumcise Gentile believers before they could be members of the church there, Acts 15:1-41.

I am sure that James and many others came into a full understanding of the Gospel and justification by faith apart from the works of the law at a later date.

Robert Pate

Banned
Faith is demonstrated by what you do, not just by what you say.

Faith is tested.

No, faith is demonstrated by what you believe and are trusting in and has NOTHING to do with what you do.

There are many that are trusting in what they do and in what they have become that are lost.

6days

My definition of religion.

RELIGION: Man's preoccupation with his own spirituallity.

The only thing that God accepts for the salvation of the fallen sinner is faith, mainly faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

God does not accept the works or obedience of religious sinners.

Thats good...but it isnt how God defines acceptable religion.

beloved57

The only thing that God honors in the New Testament is faith in the work and the person of his Son Jesus Christ. Everything else is sin.

Invalid comment ! You sure don't believe in the Person and Work of Christ since you believe that millions for whom He died shall wind up in unbelief in hell for their sins!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Invalid comment ! You sure don't believe in the Person and Work of Christ since you believe that millions for whom He died shall wind up in unbelief in hell for their sins!

You do not believe the Gospel as taught in scripture. You believe in a flower.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Comments from one with a blind heart who is alienated from the Life of God Eph. 4:18!

~~~~~

You are a Hyper-Calvinist nutcase. :kookoo: People here with any sense at all do not listen to what you or B57 have say. Have you noticed that?

6days

Robert Pate said:
6days said:
Thats good...but it isnt how God defines acceptable religion.
The only thing that God honors in the New Testament is faith in the work and the person of his Son Jesus Christ. Everything else is sin.

I see that badp realized there is religion acceptable to God!

egyptianmuslim

Including our own.

This is what is important to remember, so that we do not have to fight, judge, and condemn others for characterizing God differently from the way we do. Love and forgiveness, tolerance and wisdom; these are found in the practice of humility, not in the pursuit of righteousness.
JUDGEMENT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS OF A PERSON IS THE WORK OF GOD ONLY

egyptianmuslim

No, Christians are called to make judgments, 1 Peter 4:17.

But the final judgments will be made by God.
You are talking about after resurrection from death..but now I can not make a correct judgment about anyone because I have incomplete knowledge about him....This the basis of forgiveness