How Religion Perverts the Nature and Character of God

beloved57

pate

How Religion Perverts the Nature and Character of God

Like pateism, which teachs that God will punish for sins them whom He already punished Christ for. That makes Gods character unjust !

Robert Pate

Banned
pate

Like pateism, which teachs that God will punish for sins them whom He already punished Christ for. That makes Gods character unjust !

Calvinism is one of the worst perverters of the nature and character of God that there is.

To be a Calvinist you have to believe that God is unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous and is a tyrant that delights in sending people to hell.

The most serious problem is that it is not possible to have faith in this kind of a God and be saved.

beloved57

Calvinism is one of the worst perverters of the nature and character of God that there is.

To be a Calvinist you have to believe that God is unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous and is a tyrant that delights in sending people to hell.

The most serious problem is that it is not possible to have faith in this kind of a God and be saved.

You teach that God is Unjust, that He perverts Justice !

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Pharisees were religious.

So was Paul. Jesus didn't ask Paul not to be religious, but rather to redirect his adoration of God. Paul did and all was well even though Paul got buffeted about a bit in his new calling.

egyptianmuslim

PureX, Truster
I would like to say that God is the creator of every things and He is completely different. than them God can gives every things and anything but it is not part of Him , God give love but he does not feel it or he gives anger but not feeling angry.
Also he created Satan but He is not satanic.

PureX

PureX, Truster
I would like to say that God is the creator of every things and He is completely different. than them God can gives every things and anything but it is not part of Him , God give love but he does not feel it or he gives anger but not feeling angry.
Also he created Satan but He is not satanic.
I don't see how you can know what God is, what God feels, and what God gives or does not give. I realize that you may think you know, but in actuality, I do not think you know any of this to be so. Believing is not knowing. What we believe is just what we believe.

Robert Pate

Banned
So was Paul. Jesus didn't ask Paul not to be religious, but rather to redirect his adoration of God. Paul did and all was well even though Paul got buffeted about a bit in his new calling.

No he wasn't. Paul taught against religion.

Paul became a Christian and renounced Pharasaism and Judaism.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul wanted the Corinthians to be Christ and Gospel centered.

Did Paul want them to be religious? Religion in the NT is referring to ceremonial observance such as worship.

Did Paul want the Corinthians to worship God by deed and not just word?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Religion cannot pervert the nature or character of God. It can only pervert our IDEA OF GOD'S NATURE AND CHARACTER. And it can only do that when we're too naive to understand the difference between an immutable, inexplicable God, and our idea of God.

The fervent, insecure desire for the former breeds the latter.

egyptianmuslim

I don't see how you can know what God is, what God feels, and what God gives or does not give. I realize that you may think you know, but in actuality, I do not think you know any of this to be so. Believing is not knowing. What we believe is just what we believe.
Yes, I would like to add that description of God leads to make many man made god. s

Robert Pate

Banned
Did Paul want them to be religious? Religion in the NT is referring to ceremonial observance such as worship.

Did Paul want the Corinthians to worship God by deed and not just word?

The only thing that counts for righteousness in the New Testament is faith.

Works that are not the result of faith are worthless, Hebrews 11:6.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The only thing that counts for righteousness in the New Testament is faith.

:duh:

By faith Abel offered to God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts and through it he being dead still speaks. (Hebrews 11:4 NKJV)​

Robert Pate

Banned
:duh:

By faith Abel offered to God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts and through it he being dead still speaks. (Hebrews 11:4 NKJV)​

Right!

Cain offered to God vegetables from his garden that were the results of his labor or his works.

Abel offered to God a blood sacrifice that pointed to Christ. This is why Abel's sacrifice was more excellent.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Cain offered to God vegetables from his garden that were the results of his labor or his works.

Abel offered to God a blood sacrifice that pointed to Christ. This is why Abel's sacrifice was more excellent.

So were animal sacrifices an example of Christ's works through Abel or was the animal sacrifice an example of Abel's faith since faith without works is dead.

PureX

Yes, I would like to add that description of God leads to make many man made god. s
Including our own.

This is what is important to remember, so that we do not have to fight, judge, and condemn others for characterizing God differently from the way we do. Love and forgiveness, tolerance and wisdom; these are found in the practice of humility, not in the pursuit of righteousness.

Robert Pate

Banned
So were animal sacrifices an example of Christ's works through Abel or was the animal sacrifice an example of Abel's faith since faith without works is dead.

I don't believe that faith without works is dead.

James was a Judaizer. A Judaizer is one that believes in Jesus, but also believes that you must keep the Law of Moses, Acts 15:21. There were many in the early church that could, not turn lose of the law of Moses. James was one of them.

Paul said, "To him that does NO WORKS, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

If you add works to faith, you have deluded faith.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
James was a Judaizer. A Judaizer is one that believes in Jesus, but also believes that you must keep the Law of Moses, Acts 15:21.

James said, "Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God..." (Acts 15:19 NKJV)

Trouble them with what, keeping the Mosaic law?

Peter said, "But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they." (Acts 15:11 NKJV)