How Religion Perverts the Nature and Character of God

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Calvinism is simply Calvinism. You can't be 'extra' Catholic, you can't be 'extra' Arminian.

And
You can't be 'extra' Calvinist.

People make stuff up. Welcome to reality.

Why don't you get back with us when you figure out what a hyper Calvinist is. You have already been shown. And you may ask AMR. I'm sure he would be glad to tell you.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Why don't you get back with us when you figure out what a hyper Calvinist is. You have already been shown. And you may ask AMR. I'm sure he would be glad to tell you.

I know what a hyper Calvinist is- it's a non-existent person who believes in Christ but not the full merit of the Crucifixion to the world.

That's essentially what the wiki says, and there is no Calvinist who believes that. It is something made up by anti-Calvinists who have tried to pin the zealous Calvinists against the others. It's also something that certain Calvinists may have eaten up to, in their refusal to study the brass tacks of Calvinism or don't have the ability to explain thereof.

It's nonsense. I'm sure nothing on the face of this planet will convince you otherwise though. God forbid a non-Calvinist ever actually be honorable within their obnoxious warfare on Calvinism.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know what a hyper Calvinist is- it's a non-existent person who believes in Christ but not the full merit of the Crucifixion to the world.

That's essentially what the wiki says, and there is no Calvinist who believes that. It is something made up by anti-Calvinists who have tried to pin the zealous Calvinists against the others. It's also something that certain Calvinists may have eaten up to, in their refusal to simply go to the brass tacks of Calvinism.

It's a joke. I'm sure nothing on the face of this planet will convince you otherwise though. God forbid a non-Calvinist ever actually be honorable within their obnoxious warfare on Calvinism.
Then B57 and Nanja are non-existent persons who believe in Christ but not the full merit of the crucifixion to the world? Or what would you say?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Then B57 and Nanja are non-existent persons who believe in Christ but not the full merit of the crucifixion to the world? Or what would you say?

Calvinism is the belief that your choices are predestined. It's a sort of duality, but free will is an illusion- if you were predestined or had free will, you would make the same choice.

All Calvinists believe that Christ died for the world. Simply put, if not everyone is reaping salvation then free will is moot.

'Hyper Calvinism' is just a false label for people who are a bit more zealous, and don't leave room for others to go exalt an idea that men have control over God's will.

Just as insinuating everything imaginable of a reformed believer, so to will one use their poor choice of words or less then full insight to do the same. And that is where 'hyper Calvinist' has it's roots.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Calvinism is the belief that your choices are predestined. It's a sort of duality, but free will is an illusion- if you were predestined or had free will, you would make the same choice.

All Calvinists believe that Christ died for the world. Simply put, if not everyone is reaping salvation then free will is moot.

'Hyper Calvinism' is just a false label for people who are a bit more zealous, and don't leave room for others to go exalt an idea that men have control over God's will.

Just as insinuating everything imaginable of a reformed believer, so to will one use their poor choice of words or less then full insight to do the same. And that is where 'hyper Calvinist' has it's roots.

God knows the choices that we will make but ultimately leaves those choices up to men. To leave man without a choice, predestinate, leaves him as a robot unable to choose for himself. What did God do in the Garden, predestinate man to sin?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
God knows the choices that we will make but ultimately leaves those choices up to men. To leave man without a choice, predestinate, leaves him as a robot unable to choose for himself. What did God do in the Garden, predestinate man to sin?

Just because a person's choices are predestined doesn't mean that they are 'robots'.

That is just a shallow way of seeing it. You didn't choose who you are and how you view the world. Everything of yourself is decided by other agents.
It doesn't mean you are a 'robot', it just means that you are 'not God'. It's as I've stated before- accepting God and rejecting fate is an intellectual blunder, and it evolved with the narcissism of man over time.

Robert Pate

Banned
Just because a person's choices are predestined doesn't mean that they are 'robots'.

That is just a shallow way of seeing it. You didn't choose who you are and how you view the world. Everything of yourself is decided by other agents.
It doesn't mean you are a 'robot', it just means that you are 'not God'. It's as I've stated before- accepting God and rejecting fate is an intellectual blunder, and it evolved with the narcissism of man over time.

So, you believe that accepting Christ as your savior is an intellectual blunder?