ECT How is Paul's message different?

popsthebuilder

=There has ever only been one piece of good news in the book, and Judas preached it=satanic.

Thanks for the admission.

Your saint Judas:

"Hey, everyone!!!! Good news!!! The Master is going to die for our sins, be buried, and raised again the third day, for our justification!!!! Believe this good news, this only piece of good news, in the scriptures, like I did, and, like I preach, as an evangelist, per Luke 9:6 KJV, to be saved!!!!! Well, gotta go, as my broker has just turned bullish on silver, and I know where to obtain some..."

No, I have no wolf friends, wolfie.
Nope....stop knowingly misrepresenting the truth.

There is only one gospel that saves.

Such is the truth and have always been the truth.

Go play word games with someone whom you amuse.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

If that were true, Paul wouldn't need to receive it by revelation direct from Heaven.
That doeantake sense to me.

I believe in only one gospel that saves.

I received revelation directly from GOD as far as I am concerned.

So where does your conclusion fit in?

Why don't I believe in multiple gospels that save?

Jerry Shugart

The word "gospel means "good news."

Believing the good news that the Lord Jesus died for our sins results in salvation for all who believe that truth (1 Cor.15:1-4).

Believing the good news that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, results in salvation for all who believe that truth (Jn.20:30-31; 1 Jn.5:1-5).

It cannot be denied that these passages from the Scriptures speak of two different instances of "good news" which results in salvation for all those who believe.

popsthebuilder

The word "gospel means "good news."

Believing the good news that the Lord Jesus died for our sins results in salvation for all who believe that truth (1 Cor.15:1-4).

Believing the good news that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, results in salvation for all who believe that truth (Jn.20:30-31; 1 Jn.5:1-5).

It cannot be denied that these passages from the Scriptures speak of two different instances of "good news" which results in salvation for all those who believe.
Hmmm....

And what is it you think these statements or "beliefs" save you from? What are you entitled to by such as this?

Jerry Shugart

Hmmm....

And what is it you think these statements or "beliefs" save you from? What are you entitled to by such as this?

Please consider the following words of the Lord Jesus:

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die"
(Jn.11:25-26).​

The Lord was not speaking of physical death there because people who believe in Him do die physically. Believers who are living physically will never experience the following death and are therefore saved from this death:

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death" (Rev.21:8).​

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
Nope....stop knowingly misrepresenting the truth.

I quoted your own words, and you side stepped it, enemy:

There has ever only been one gospel friend.

You made that up. There is plenty of "good news" in the book, and not all of the good news in view pertains to the dbr, the gospel of Christ, as outlined in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV. For eg., "the gospel of the kingdom," the good news about the approaching, imminent(at that time) "days of heaven upon the earth" is not equivalent to the gospel of Christ, which is the good news pertaining to man's salvation,

Agreed. But that is not what you argued, as you are a stooge, careless about your words, and the details of the scriptures. You argued:
There has ever only been one gospel friend.

Thus, you changed your argument, are careless about your words, and the details of the scriptures, and are sloppy.That is slick.... My evidence? You.

Such is the truth and have always been the truth.

Could you repeat that? Teach us....Please?

Go play word games with someone whom you amuse.

Translation: Details are not important, nor are words, which explains your sloppiness, slop of posts, and cavalier attitude towards the details of the book, a book of details.

You've added nothing to this site-zip.

Take your seat, until I further recognize you....Way in the back....

Jerry Shugart

So you think that there is only one gospel which saves?

The word "gospel" means "good news."

These passages from the Scriptures speak of two different instances of "good news" which results in salvation for all those who believe.

Sonny boy, when a person believes that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, that person is "born of God" (1 Jn.5:1-5).

Are you willing to argue that when a person is born of God they aren't saved?

popsthebuilder

A prophet is amongst TOL....

Could you tap God on the shoulder, and ask him who is going to win the NBA Championship, and Lord Stanley's Cup? I can then call my bookie, and retire. Puh-wease, Elmer?

Thanks! Now your "friend"......John W

Pathetic.
i am no prophet.

i an no thing but what GOD has given me to be.

Why do you ask me to explain or repeat or teach and then ask that I be silent until recognition by you? It can't be because you aren't sincere.

I suppose I did mispeak sorta by saying there is only one good news and leaving it at that.

I should have said there as only ever been One Gopsel of salvation of the soul of man.

john w

Hall of Fame
So you think that there is only one gospel which saves?

The word "gospel" means "good news."

These passages from the Scriptures speak of two different instances of "good news" which results in salvation for all those who believe.

Sonny boy, when a person believes that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, that person is "born of God" (1 Jn.5:1-5).

Well, wimpy old man Mr. Peepers, I, for one of the few times on TOL, was a bit careless on my response, as I, more than anybody, know that "the content" of faith, required to be believed, to be saved, has "progressively" change, i.e., progressive revelation. My aim was to agree that the good news, that saves, is based solely upon the Lord Jesus Christ. I taught you:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...lieved-in-Mt-John-prior-to-the-dbr&highlight=

I post not for you, as I do not engage in debates with bible correctors/mystics/agnostics, and humanists, such as yourself. I see you had a few more "threads" deleted, geezer-you must be bored? Or, you like sowing discourse? Rhetorical q.

Move along, loser, as, again, I only debate bible believers.

john w

Hall of Fame
i am no prophet.

i an no thing but what GOD has given me to be.

Why do you ask me to explain or repeat or teach and then ask that I be silent until recognition by you? It can't be because you aren't sincere.

I suppose I did mispeak sorta by saying there is only one good news and leaving it at that.

I should have said there as only ever been One Gopsel of salvation of the soul of man.

Vs.
I received revelation directly from GOD as far as I am concerned.

You are clueless re. the biblical definition of "direct revelation from God," as, again, that is your MO on TOL-sloppy, careless employment of words, here, and your sloppy, cavalier, careless treatment of doctrine, derived from the specific words, details, in the book.

"mispeak sorta "

Like "sorta" pregnant...."sorta" saved? ..............

Clean it up, and perhaps other members will begin to take you seriously.

popsthebuilder

Vs.

You are clueless re. the biblical definition of "direct revelation from God," as, again, that is your MO on TOL-sloppy, careless employment of words, here, and your sloppy, cavalier, careless treatment of doctrine, derived from the specific words, details, in the book.

"mispeak sorta "

Like "sorta" pregnant...."sorta" saved? ..............

Clean it up, and perhaps other members will begin to take you seriously.
No sir. I am not clueless as to the implications of my words or the truth of the matter.

Yet still; I am no prophet.

No one has to take me any type of way whatsoever.

It is between them and GOD.

john w

Hall of Fame

They are-but this does not apply to members of the boc.

And, of course, since this is an "Acts 2 blender...it all says the same thing...Replacement Theology proponent...Gone is done with Israel....The boc=Israel...Hebrews-Revelation is written specifically to the boc...," he asserts that members of the boc are "born again," although Paul never uses that term, as it is reserved exclusively to the believing remnant of the nation Israel, when, in climax, primarily when they will be "born again" in both physically regenerated bodies, spiritually regenerated spirits/souls, and they will "walk in them...do them"(Jeremiah, Ezekiel), in the resurrection, in the mil. k.,on earth, "as the days of heaven upon the earth," enjoying the benefits provided to them, not the boc, under the New Covenant provisions. That is the "game plan" of Hebrews-Revelation...the culmination of God's plans/dealings with the nation Israel.

Jerry Shugart

They are-but this does not apply to members of the boc.

Sonny boy, do you not even know that those in the Body of Christ are born of God and in that way they become children of God?

How do you think those in the Body become children of God unless they are born of God?