ECT How is Paul's message different?

whitestone

James is worried the Jews will riot because of Paul. He then comes up with a plan that will keep them calm but we see it doesn't work.
Circumcision means nothing.
1 Cor. 7:19 For neither circumcision counts for anything nor uncircumcision, but keeping the commandments of God.

Are you saying this is proof the 12 preached the observance of circumcision and/or the law?

lol, but which Jews the ones who don't believe in Jesus or the ones James points out in Acts 21:20 KJV that believe and are Zealous of the law whose he afraid would riot?

turbosixx

lol, but which Jews the ones who don't believe in Jesus or the ones James points out in Acts 21:20 KJV that believe and are Zealous of the law whose he afraid would riot?

I would say both but I see your point. I don't believe the 12 preached observance of circumcision or the law. Did they say to stop as Paul did? I would say no. How much progress would the 12 or Paul make in Jerusalem if they did so?
To the best of my knowledge that last time he was in town and tried to be bold, not even to Jews but to Hellenists and they were ready to kill him.
Acts 9:28 So he went in and out among them at Jerusalem, preaching boldly in the name of the Lord. 29 And he spoke and disputed against the Hellenists. But they were seeking to kill him. 30 And when the brothers learned this, they brought him down to Caesarea and sent him off to Tarsus.

There is no proof the 12 taught observance of circumcision/law. What you have provided thus far is not proof but speculation. I'm of the opinion the 12 did not come right out and say "forsake" Moses/traditions because of being in Jerusalem. To bring/educate in Christ, they were appearing as Jews to win more Jews just as Paul did.

Shedding thousands of years of traditions isn't easy and new converts start off with milk not meat. It takes time.

whitestone

I would say both but I see your point. I don't believe the 12 preached observance of circumcision or the law. Did they say to stop as Paul did? I would say no. How much progress would the 12 or Paul make in Jerusalem if they did so?
To the best of my knowledge that last time he was in town and tried to be bold, not even to Jews but to Hellenists and they were ready to kill him.
Acts 9:28 So he went in and out among them at Jerusalem, preaching boldly in the name of the Lord. 29 And he spoke and disputed against the Hellenists. But they were seeking to kill him. 30 And when the brothers learned this, they brought him down to Caesarea and sent him off to Tarsus.

There is no proof the 12 taught observance of circumcision/law. What you have provided thus far is not proof but speculation. I'm of the opinion the 12 did not come right out and say "forsake" Moses/traditions because of being in Jerusalem. To bring/educate in Christ, they were appearing as Jews to win more Jews just as Paul did.

Shedding thousands of years of traditions isn't easy and new converts start off with milk not meat. It takes time.

In Acts 21:22 KJV the multitude James was referring to "must needs come together", and then he brings up what they said about the gentiles in verse 25 why does James keep speaking of different groups?

Jerry Shugart

There is no such thing as one gospel given and another completely different to yet another.

You still haven't figured it out that the gospel which the Twelve preached at Luke 9:6 could not possibly be the same gospel which Paul preached at 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 because they didn't even know he was to die.

Are you really this dumb?

turbosixx

In Acts 21:22 KJV the multitude James was referring to "must needs come together", and then he brings up what they said about the gentiles in verse 25 why does James keep speaking of different groups?

Those who come to Christ come from two groups, Jew or Gentile.

When did the two groups become one?