How important is the Sabbath?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Sabbath Day Rest was given to Adam, the first man.

Nope.

Deu 5:3 The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.
Deu 5:15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

CherubRam

Same calendar argument. Weekend, we say this, and most go back to work on Monday. Makes sense, calendar says Sunday, first day, I see it end of weekend, so it is a calendar issue.

Also this is Old Covenant, before Jesus died for our sins and rose on Sunday. Now since we have the weekend, Saturday and Sunday, all this is a calendar argument.

God will not condemn those who have day of rest and keep holy on Sunday, He is not going to condemn on a technicality made by humans.
Tout l'argument placé ici est basée sur subtilités légaliste

Christ did not rise on Sunday, that is a lie. Yahshua said he would be in the grave three full days. Preparation day was Friday according to the bible, because the Sabbath Day of Rest was about to begin. Question: What would God think about a person keeping a Sunday Sabbath, when they know that is not the Sabbath Rest command?

CherubRam

Nope.

Deu 5:3 The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.
Deu 5:15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.
The word Adam also translates as "man," mankind," and "human." Mark 2:27
Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

CherubRam

God said his commandments and feasts were forever. He now gives us his Spirit to guide us through the law. That is the new covenant. His laws are good and do not change.

Forever is forever, unless there should come a change. That change is a revoked covenant and a change in priesthood.

CherubRam

Paul only spoke about circumcision does not save you which it does not. No works save you. You observe the works because you have the Holy Spirit and follow God to not sin. Circumcision is a commandment.

Circumcision was a Old Covenant command. Circumcision is the Old Covenant. We now live under a New Covenant that does not include circumcision.

daqq

Christ did not rise on Sunday, that is a lie. Yahshua said he would be in the grave three full days. Preparation day was Friday according to the bible, because the Sabbath Day of Rest was about to begin. Question: What would God think about a person keeping a Sunday Sabbath, when they know that is not the Sabbath Rest command?

Before knowing which day Yeshua arose from the dead one would first need to know which day of Passover Unleavened Bread it was that Yeshua was crucified; and that day of the feast was neither the thirteenth, nor the fourteenth, nor the fifteenth. For starters the whole week is called the etsem-body of the day meaning that the entire week of Passover Unleavened Bread is viewed as one great feast or one great day, (and the seventh day is also called a feast in Exodus 13:6). Secondarily the seventh day of Passover Unleavened Bread is the great Shabbat or high Shabbat mikra kodesh and therefore the day before it is called the Preparation, (and it was not the sixth day of the normal week which is now called Friday). Thirdly μια των σαββατων, (Mark and Luke), is not "the first day of the week" as found in most English translations but rather, as per the Septuagint, specifies the one count of the seven Shabbatot, (not the Omer "day" count but the counting of the seven Sabbaths), from the wave sheaf of the first harvest which is the barley harvest, (there are three harvests which run up to Yom Teruah and into the seventh month, [sweet-new wine is mentioned in Acts 2 and takes between six weeks and two months to make: just in time for Rosh Hashanah]).

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How important is the Sabbath?

From the WCF, especially paragraphs 7 and 8:

Chapter 21
. Of Religious Worship, and the Sabbath Day

1. The light of nature sheweth that there is a God, who hath lordship and sovereignty over all, is good, and doth good unto all, and is therefore to be feared, loved, praised, called upon, trusted in, and served, with all the heart, and with all the soul, and with all the might. (Rom. 1:20, Acts 17:24, Ps. 119:68, Jer. 10:7, Ps. 31:23, Ps. 18:3, Rom. 10:12, Ps. 62:8, Josh. 24:14, Mark 12:33) But the acceptable way of worshipping the true God is instituted by Himself, and so limited by His own revealed will, that He may not be worshipped according to the imaginations and devices of men, or the suggestions of Satan, under any visible representation, or any other way not prescribed in the Holy Scripture. (Deut. 12:32, Matt. 15:9, Acts 17:25, Matt. 4:9-10, Deut. 15:1-20, Exod. 20:4-6, Col. 2:23)

2. Religious worship is to be given to God, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost; and to Him alone; (Matt. 4:10, John 5:23, 2 Cor. 13:14) not to angels, saints, or any other creature: (Col. 2:18, Rev. 19:10, Rom. 1:25) and, since the fall, not without a Mediator; nor in the mediation of any other but of Christ alone. (John 14:6, 1 Tim. 2:5, Eph. 2:18, Col. 3:17)

3. Prayer, with thanksgiving, being one special part of religious worship, (Phil. 4:6) is by God required of all men: (Ps. 65;2) and, that it may be accepted, it is to be made in the name of the Son, (John 14:13-14, 1 Pet. 2:5) by the help of His Spirit, (Rom. 8:26) according to His will, (1 John 5:14) with understanding, reverence, humility, fervency, faith, love, and perseverance; (Ps. 47:7, Eccl. 5:1-2, Heb. 12:28, Gen. 18:27, James 5:16, James 1:6-7, Mark 11:24, Matt. 6:12, 14-15, Col. 4:2, Eph. 6:18) and, if vocal, in a known tongue. (1 Cor. 14:14)

4. Prayer is to be made for things lawful; (1 John 5:14) and for all sorts of men living, or that shall live hereafter: (1 Tim. 2:1-2, John 17:20, 2 Sam. 7:29, Ruth 4:12) but not for the dead, (2 Sam. 12:21-23, Luke 16:25-26, Rev. 14:13) nor for those of whom it may be known that they have sinned the sin unto death. (1 John 5:16)

5. The reading of the Scriptures with godly fear, (Acts 15:21, Rev. 1:3) the sound preaching (2 Tim. 4:2) and conscionable hearing of the Word, in obedience unto God, with understanding, faith and reverence, (James 1:22, Acts 10:33, Matt. 13:19, Heb. 4:2, Isa. 66:2) singing of psalms with grace in the heart; (Col. 3:16, Eph. 5:19, 13, James 5:13) as also, the due administration and worthy receiving of the sacraments instituted by Christ, are all parts of the ordinary religious worship of God: (Matt. 28:19, 1 Cor. 11:23-29, Acts 2:42) beside religious oaths, (Deut. 6:13, Neh. 10:29) vows, (Isa. 19:21, Eccl. 5:4-5) solemn fastings, (Joel 2:12, Esth. 4:16, Matt. 9:15, 1 Cor. 7:5) and thanksgivings upon special occasions, (Ps. 107, Esth. 9:22) which are, in their several times and seasons, to be used in an holy and religious manner. (Heb. 12:28)

6. Neither prayer, nor any other part of religious worship, is now, under the Gospel, either tied unto, or made more acceptable by any place in which it is performed, or towards which it is directed: (John 4:21) but God is to be worshipped everywhere, (Mal. 1:11, 1 Tim. 2:8) in spirit and truth; (John 4:23-24) as, in private families (Jer. 10:25, Deut. 6:6-7, Job 1:5, 2 Sam. 6:18, 20, 1 Pet. 3:7, Acts 10:2) daily, (Matt. 6:11) and in secret, each one by himself; (Matt. 6:6, Eph. 6:18) so, more solemnly in the public assemblies, which are not carelessly or willfully to be neglected, or forsaken, when God, by His Word or providence, calleth thereunto. (Isa. 56:6-7, Heb. 10:25, Prov. 1:20-21, 24, Prov. 8:34, Acts 13:42, Luke 4:16, Acts 2:42)

7. As it is the law of nature, that, in general, a due proportion of time be set apart for the worship of God; so, in His Word, by a positive, moral, and perpetual commandment binding all men in all ages, He hath particularly appointed one day in seven, for a Sabbath, to be kept holy unto him: (Exod. 20:8, 10-11, Isa. 56:2, 4, 6-7) which, from the beginning of the world to the resurrection of Christ, was the last day of the week; and, from the resurrection of Christ, was changed into the first day of the week, (Gen. 2:2-3, 1 Cor. 16:1, Acts 20:7) which, in Scripture, is called the Lord’s Day, (Rev. 1:10) and is to be continued to the end of the world, as the Christian Sabbath. (Exod. 20:8, 10, Matt. 5:17-18)

8. This Sabbath is then kept holy unto the Lord, when men, after a due preparing of their hearts, and ordering of their common affairs before-hand, do not only observe an holy rest all the day from their own works, words, and thoughts about their worldly employments and recreations, (Exod. 20:8,Exod. 16;23, 25-26, 29-30, Exod. 31:15-17, Isa. 58:13, Neh. 13:15-19, 21-22) but also are taken up, the whole time, in the public and private exercises of His worship, and in the duties of necessity and mercy. (Isa. 63:13, Matt. 12:1-13)

In other words, very important. See exposition of the above here.

AMR

chair

Does that mean you are sacrificing animals for sin every Sabbath? If you are obedient to God, you would being doing so.

The Sabbath and holiday sacrifices were not sin-offerings. It is important to realize that:
a. only some sacrifices were sin-offerings
b. sins could be atoned for, even in Biblical times, without sacrifice.

beameup

Christ did not rise on Sunday, that is a lie. Yahshua said he would be in the grave three full days. Preparation day was Friday according to the bible, because the Sabbath Day of Rest was about to begin.

That week there was a "high holy day" (Passover, 14th Nisan) which was also a SABBATH.
So, you had TWO days of preparation that week.
Christ was out of the grave on Firstfruits which was ALWAYS on a SUNDAY.

CherubRam

That week there was a "high holy day" (Passover, 14th Nisan) which was also a SABBATH.
So, you had TWO days of preparation that week.
Christ was out of the grave on Firstfruits which was ALWAYS on a SUNDAY.

[FONT=&quot]Yahshua the Messiah was the Firstfruits of the Resurrection Monday Evening.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 Corinthians 15:20[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 Corinthians 15:23[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Three full days[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Christ was hung on Friday the 13th, which was Preparation Day before the Sabbath began. The Sabbath and Passover began Friday evening at sundown. Christ was buried at about sundown on Friday. Unleavened Bread would last from Saturday evening to Sunday evening. First Fruits was offered on Monday. The women went to the tomb Tuesday morning after the First Fruits Offering.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Colossians 2:16-17
New International Version (NIV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When the disciples stopped participating in those things they were unfavorably judged. The followers of Yahshua stopped those practices after the stoning of Stephen. The "shadow of the things that were to come" is the "Pharisees yeast." The "reality found in Christ" is this:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[FONT=&quot]Daniel 9:27[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He will confirm a covenant[/FONT] with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ [FONT=&quot]he will put an end to sacrifice and offering.[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The followers of Christ continued to keep the seventh day Sabbath at each others house.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[FONT=&quot]Acts 11:19[/FONT]
Now [FONT=&quot]those who had been scattered by the persecution that broke out when Stephen was killed[/FONT] traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus and Antioch, spreading the word only among Jews.

[FONT=&quot]Acts 5:42[/FONT]
Day after day, in the temple courts and from [FONT=&quot]house to house[/FONT], they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.

[FONT=&quot]Acts 8:3[/FONT]
But Saul began to destroy the church. Going from [FONT=&quot]house to house[/FONT], he dragged off both men and women and put them in prison.

[FONT=&quot]Acts 12:12[/FONT]
When this had dawned on him, [FONT=&quot]he went to the house of Mary[/FONT] the mother of John, also called Mark, [FONT=&quot]where many people had gathered[/FONT] and were praying.

[FONT=&quot]Acts 16:32[/FONT]
Then [FONT=&quot]they spoke the word of the Lord[/FONT] to him and to all the others [FONT=&quot]in his house.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Acts 20:20[/FONT]
You know that I have not hesitated to [FONT=&quot]preach[/FONT] anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from [FONT=&quot]house to house.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Romans 16:5[/FONT]
Greet also [FONT=&quot]the church that meets at their house.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1 Corinthians 16:19[/FONT]
The churches in the province of Asia send you greetings. Aquila and Priscilla greet you warmly in the Lord, and so does [FONT=&quot]the church that meets at their house.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Colossians 4:15[/FONT]
Give my greetings to the brothers and sisters at Laodicea, and to Nympha and[FONT=&quot] the church in her house.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Matthew 12 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lord of the Sabbath [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. At that time Yahshua went through the grain fields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them. 2. When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him," Look! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. He answered, "Haven't you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4. He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread—which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests. 5. Or haven't you read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple desecrate the day and yet are innocent? 6. I tell you that one greater than the temple is here. 7. If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent. 8. For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath." [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Day of The Lord is Saturday according to scripture, and the disciples were not harvesting the field, but getting something to eat. Jesus said they were innocent of breaking the Sabbath commandment. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gleaning is harvesting what is left over. The disciples were passing through the field, and they took only what they were to eat then, and nothing more. For more would have been to be harvesting the field for the gleanings.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:8.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Revelation 10. On the Lord's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, 11. which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea." [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Ezekiel 20:11. I gave them my decrees and made known to them my laws, for the man who obeys them will live by them. 12. Also I gave them my Sabbaths as a sign between us, so they would know that I the LORD made them holy.
13. " 'Yet the people of Israel rebelled against me in the desert. They did not follow my decrees but rejected my laws—although the man who obeys them will live by them—and they utterly desecrated my Sabbaths. So I said I would pour out my wrath on them and destroy them in the desert. 14. But for the sake of my name I did what would keep it from being profaned in the eyes of the nations in whose sight I had brought them out. 15. Also with uplifted hand I swore to them in the desert that I would not bring them into the land I had given them—a land flowing with milk and honey, most beautiful of all lands- 16. because they rejected my laws and did not follow my decrees and desecrated my Sabbaths. For their hearts were devoted to their idols. 17. Yet I looked on them with pity and did not destroy them or put an end to them in the desert. 18. I said to their children in the desert, "Do not follow the statutes of your fathers or keep their laws or defile yourselves with their idols. 19. I am the LORD your God; follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. 20. Keep my Sabbaths holy, that they may be a sign between us. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Isaiah 8:16. Bind up the testimony
and seal up the law among my disciples.
17. I will wait for the LORD,
who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob.
I will put my trust in him.
18. Here am I, and the children the LORD has given me. We are signs and symbols in Israel from the LORD Almighty, who dwells on Mount Zion. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Deut 6:6.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
6:8. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][Frontlets between your eyes, is your forehead, where your memory is.][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

And so we have the commandments as a sign on our right hand, and in our foreheads. This being the seal or mark of God, His commandments, then what is the mark of that beast [nation] in the right hand and forehead? The right hand symbolizes works, and in the forehead is our memory of what we think.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Matthew 12:3. He answered, "Haven't you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4. He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread—which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests. 5. Or haven't you read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple desecrate the day and yet are innocent? 6. I tell you that one greater than the temple is here. 7. If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent. 8. For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath." [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Since the disciples were only getting something to eat, and not harvesting the field, then they were innocent. I also see scripture that says that they went to the synagogue or each other’s house on the seventh day. And Paul after preaching on the seventh day also instructs Christians to gather on the first day to do some work. So where can I find this Sunday commandment? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Romans 9:6. It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. 7. Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham's children. On the contrary, "It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned." 8. In other words, it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring. 9. For this was how the promise was stated: "At the appointed time I will return, and Sarah will have a son." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Ephesians 2:11. Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (that done in the body by the hands of men)— 12. remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Ephesians 3:2. Surely you have heard about the administration of God's grace that was given to me for you, 3. that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4. In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5. which was not made known to men in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God's holy apostles and prophets. 6. This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

John 19:28. Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty." 29. A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' lips. 30. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
31. Now it was the day of Preparation, and the next day was to be a special Sabbath[s.] Because the Jews did not want the bodies left on the crosses during the Sabbath[s,] they asked Pilate to have the legs broken and the bodies taken down. 32. The soldiers therefore came and broke the legs of the first man who had been crucified with Jesus, and then those of the other. 33. But when they came to Jesus and found that he was already dead, they did not break his legs. 34. Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus' side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water. 35. The man who saw it has given testimony, and his testimony is true. He knows that he tells the truth, and he testifies so that you also may believe. 36. These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: "Not one of his bones will be broken," 37. and, as another scripture says, "They will look on the one they have pierced."

The Burial of Jesus
38. Later, Joseph of Arimathea asked Pilate for the body of Jesus. Now Joseph was a disciple of Jesus, but secretly because he feared the Jews. With Pilate's permission, he came and took the body away. 39. He was accompanied by Nicodemus, the man who earlier had visited Jesus at night. Nicodemus brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about seventy-five pounds. 40. Taking Jesus' body, the two of them wrapped it, with the spices, in strips of linen. This was in accordance with Jewish burial customs. 41. At the place where Jesus was crucified, there was a garden, and in the garden a new tomb, in which no one had ever been laid. 42. Because it was the Jewish day of Preparation and since the tomb was nearby, they laid Jesus there. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Luke 23:55. The women who had come with Jesus from Galilee followed Joseph and saw the tomb and how his body was laid in it. 56. Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment. [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

The first day of the week is Sunday, but the first day of the week after the Sabbath is Monday. In keeping that commandment they did not go to attend Yahshua's grave on Sunday. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Before the lunar calendar was introduced in 167 BC, the Feast of Bread was always on the first day, Sunday. [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

The Feast of Bread. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Levticus 23:7.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] On the first day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Catholicism regarding the Sabbath[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Different statements made by Catholic clergy regarding the Sabbath. Here are some quotes with their sources:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

"It was the Catholic church which...has transferred this rest to Sunday in remembrance of the resurrection of our Lord. Therefore the observance of Sunday by the Protestants is an homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the (Catholic) church." Monsignor Louis Segur, Plain Talk About Protestantism of Today, p. 213.

"Sunday is our mark of authority...the church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact." Catholic Record of London, Ontario, September 1, 1923.

"Perhaps the boldest thing, the most revolutionary change the Church ever did, happened in the first century. The holy day, the Sabbath, was changed from Saturday to Sunday. 'The day of the Lord' was chosen, not from any direction noted in the scriptures, but from the Catholic church's sense of its own power...People who think that the scriptures should be the sole authority, should logically become 7th Day Adventists, and keep Saturday holy." St. Catherine Church Sentinel, Algonac, Michigan, May 21, 1995.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Do you pay homage to the Catholics by keeping a Sunday Sabbath?[/FONT]

beameup

Yahshua the Messiah was the Firstfruits of the Resurrection Monday Evening.
That year, there was Passover (Jesus was the Passover lamb),
followed by Feast of Unleavened Bread (Jesus in the tomb),
followed by Feast of Firstfruits (resurrection). It's all laid-out in Leviticus.
Feast of Firstfruits is always on a Sunday following the Sabbath...ALWAYS.
You need to do your "homework".

3.png

Last edited:

CherubRam

followed by Feast of Firstfruits (resurrection). It's all laid-out in Leviticus.

NO WORK was to be done that Sunday on the Feast of Unleavened Bread. The people brought from HOME their offerings on Monday.

beameup

"ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest:
And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you:
on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it."
Leviticus 23:10b-11

Leviticus 23:15-21 describes Feast of Pentecost, not Feast of Firstfruits.

And the priest shall wave them with the bread of the firstfruits [LEAVENED BREAD] for a wave offering before the LORD, with the two lambs: they shall be holy to the LORD for the priest. And ye shall proclaim on the selfsame day, that it may be an holy convocation unto you: ye shall do no servile work therein: it shall be a statute for ever in all your dwellings throughout your generations. - Leviticus 23:20-21

clefty

3.png

He didn't say He would be dead for three days and three nights but in the heart of the earth. Once He was sold to the priests His fate was sealed and like Jonah He was confined. But Jonah did not die.

Seized tried tortured and finally killed He was already risen on the firet day of the week and ascending as first fruit for His Father's approval. "Don't cling to me"

What happened that Sunday morning was that the tomb was discovered already empty as He rose the day before and was risen that day of first fruits and was also risen on Monday and Tuesday and yesterday..

Rest and healing occur on Sabbaths. He still rested on Sabbath and was refreshed. Resurrected actually.

beameup

He didn't say He would be dead for three days and three nights but in the heart of the earth. Once He was sold to the priests His fate was sealed and like Jonah He was confined. But Jonah did not die.

Seized tried tortured and finally killed He was already risen on the firet day of the week and ascending as first fruit for His Father's approval. "Don't cling to me"

What happened that Sunday morning was that the tomb was discovered already empty as He rose the day before and was risen that day of first fruits and was also risen on Monday and Tuesday and yesterday..

Rest and healing occur on Sabbaths. He still rested on Sabbath and was refreshed. Resurrected actually.

Jewish "days" started at sundown - "evening and morning" - from sundown to sundown was a day.
Also, that week of the trial and crucifixion, there was a mid-week Feast of the Passover on Nisan 14.
The women went out at "first light", but that was many hours after that day had actually begun.
Even on our Roman calendar, the next day starts right after midnight.