How do you view God?

How do you view God?

• I agree with Clete's description

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • I disagree with Clete's description

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

Gnostic

Aimiel, It has nothing to do with sex. Stop jumping to conclusion and putting words in our mouths. The Spirit, like a ship, a church, or like Wisdom, is a She, not a He. The Hebrews called the Spirit a She. The Holy Spirit was always feminine. The Romans, who decided the Father and Son and the Spirit are three male persons had to convert the She into a He by necessity. I'm only saying that Spirit is feminine. The Holy Spirit is not a person but She is the Father's Spirit. It was the Romans who made the Spirit a "person". Again, here is the verse the Romans forgot to edit:

John 3:6
Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Therefore, since the Spirit gives birth, She is feminine. Amen. This contradiction with another place in the NT where the Spirit is called a "he" is not my problem.

Last edited:

Gnostic

Oh yes, Spiritual Sex rocks. That is just why we will become "like the angels in heaven who are not given in marriage" and are free to go have Spiritual Sex with any entities we so choose without it being adultery. Here on earth we are restricted because of the flesh body. Up there, dear children, is another story. Can any of you prove I'm wrong?

Gnostic

"Do you realize that Merlin is a fictional character"

Do you realise that Jonah who walked in the fish for three days is a fictional character? And so is that giant fire-breathing hippo with a tail like a tree trunk and glowing eyes. But of course, since it's found in your Bible it cannot be a myth -- only the myths found in other religions are myths and yours are all actual historic characters.

Gnostic

"I'm sorry that you don't understand Christian humor, or theology,"

Didn't you mean to say: I'm sorry that you don't understand our humerous Christian theology?

"and would love to welcome you to our fold"

And he continued in his thoughts...

"And if you do not accept my invitation you will go to hell forever and your body will burn in high-grade industrial acid (just for a warm up) and after that you'll be dipped in eternal molten lava where you will slowly roast forever."

Last edited:

Aimiel

Originally posted by Gnostic

It has nothing to do with sex.
Your idea, not mine. I understand that The Holy Spirit giving birth to something is not due to Him being a female, just as when I (a male flesh being) give birth to thoughts and ideas does not make me a female. Your lack of understanding is obvious.
Stop jumping to conclusion and putting words in our mouths.
I did no such thing, it is your simplistic carnality that brought you to the conclusion that giving birth meant delivery of a baby, instead of the metaphor that it clearly is.
The Spirit, like a ship, a church, or like Wisdom, is a She, not a He.
Rubbish.
The Holy Spirit is not a person but She is the Father's Spirit.
Makes as much sense as all of your other arguments (none).

Aimiel

Oh yes, Spiritual Sex rocks.
There's no such thing.
Can any of you prove I'm wrong?
No, because it's foolishness, and there is no proof that your nightmares exist, and they have no basis whatsoever in fact, so there's no need to disprove your nonsense.
Do you realise that Jonah who walked in the fish for three days is a fictional character?
No, I believe what The Word says. Jonah was in there for three days.
And so is that giant fire-breathing hippo with a tail like a tree trunk and glowing eyes.
I believe that it was a dinosaur. Had Noah been charged with building an ark big enough to carry two of all of them, he'd probably still be working on it.
But of course, since it's found in your Bible it cannot be a myth -- only the myths found in other religions are myths and yours are all actual historic characters.
The first thing that you have said that approaches truth, but still doesn't quite have the 'ring' of truth, but I guess you're used to hearing that.

Aimiel

And he continued in his thoughts...

"And if you do not accept my invitation you will go to hell forever and your body will burn in high-grade industrial acid (just for a warm up) and after that you'll be dipped in eternal molten lava where you will slowly roast forever."
I've not thought that, but I do believe that if you continue to reject The Holy Spirit, that your sin may (one day soon) become un-pardonable, since He will not always strive with you. You are treading on very thin ice, and need to watch who you oppose and what you say, because you're coming very close to your own doom, a lot closer than you realize. :shut:

servent101

Gnostic - thanks - I appreciated your posts - what Aimiel believes - he is a bit disturbed and unable to reason properly which he thinks is a sign that he is doing it right.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

On Fire

"Do you realize that Merlin is a fictional character"

Do you realise that Jonah who walked in the fish for three days is a fictional character? And so is that giant fire-breathing hippo with a tail like a tree trunk and glowing eyes. But of course, since it's found in your Bible it cannot be a myth -- only the myths found in other religions are myths and yours are all actual historic characters.

So Jonah is a myth and a Spirit giving birth is literal?

Use the force, Luke.

Aimiel

Originally posted by servent101

...what Aimiel believes - he is a bit disturbed and unable to reason properly which he thinks is a sign that he is doing it right.
No, I'm extremely disturbed, by people that claim to be doing, "The Lord's Work," who're actually doing more harm than good, by defaming The Gospel, and prostituting The Word of God.

Gnostic

Thanks, servent101.

AtheistsSuck: "So Jonah is a myth and a Spirit giving birth is literal?"

Of course it is not literal, it is all Spiritual, please grow up. But YOU have the Father's Spirit descending upon the virgin Mary to conceive in her, very amusing. When Master called himself the "Son of God", you literalist fundamentalists with flesh-seeking minds ran to your scribes telling them the good news... "Write... The Spirit impregnated Mary and the result was the Son of God!" Very amusing, go sell that to someone else, we don't accept those kinds of myths.

Gnostic

Aimiel:"I've not thought that, but I do believe that if you continue to reject The Holy Spirit, that your sin may (one day soon) become un-pardonable,"

And then you thought...

"And on that day you will be tossed into the raging fires of hell for ever and ever where there is neither mercy nor rest from the endless torture."

Be consistent dude. Say what you believe and don't try to hide embarrassing and contradictory theologies.

Gnostic

Aimiel: "I do believe that if you continue to reject The Holy Spirit"

And now be so kind and show me where I have ever once rejected the Holy Spirit.

By the way, it is not "the Holy Spirit"; rather, it is: The Holy Spirits. And there are exactly Seven of them.

servent101

Wickwoman
I agree to an extent sex can be a substitute for true peace and joy just like money or fame or anything else. However, sex is a natural process which is necessary for the continuation of a species and, in this regard, would exist with or without the brainwashing of popular culture.

What you say is somewhat true, but there is an epidemic of lust, which is a result of the brainwashing of popular culture.

The subject of sex - is like traversing a mine field - and without a chart - in this day and age in North America, often times the person is blown up - completely engulfed in the addiction - a thirst that can never be satisfied, and a fire almost impossible to put out. Secular humanists deal with the issue much better than Christians - making an addiction, something to be ashamed about just makes it harder to get out of, and engulfs more people. Truly secular humanists would do well to ignore the Christian hype on sex - it does no one any good, especially the Christians.

If one decides to follow a Godly kind of life - in full time pursuit of the perfect knowledge of our Creator - there is no need of sex, and sex is a detraction to a life of pure devotional service.

Even pursuing this kind of life, should not be done, without very good instruction and support – it is a road that is full of peril and danger. The church does not even recognize this – how much worse people can become, than normal deviancy when celibacy is attempted without proper support and guidence.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

Aimiel

Aimiel:"I've not thought that, but I do believe that if you continue to reject The Holy Spirit, that your sin may (one day soon) become un-pardonable,"

And then you thought...

"And on that day you will be tossed into the raging fires of hell for ever and ever where there is neither mercy nor rest from the endless torture."
Liar. I never thought that.
Be consistent dude. Say what you believe and don't try to hide embarrassing and contradictory theologies.
I am consistent, say what I believe, and have a whole lot more sure word of prophecy as to why I believe than you do.

Aimiel

And now be so kind and show me where I have ever once rejected the Holy Spirit.
Inasmuch as you have rejected me, since I have spoken unto you the words of this life, you have rejected Him...

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Bottom line: WHAT IS THE CHARACTER OF YOUR GOD?

The Old Testament God of fearful wrath and arbitary favor, which ruled over ancient tribal socieities?

The 20th century "God for all seasons," cobbled together from various bits of history, Bible verses and theology and called into service when needed to bolster anyone's "human agenda"?

Or the "Abba" God revealed in the words and deeds of Jesus of Nazareth?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by aikido7

Bottom line: WHAT IS THE CHARACTER OF YOUR GOD?

The Old Testament God of fearful wrath and arbitary favor, which ruled over ancient tribal socieities?
No such God is depicted in the Old Testement.

The 20th century "God for all seasons," cobbled together from various bits of history, Bible verses and theology and called into service when needed to bolster anyone's "human agenda"?
No such God exists in reality.

Or the "Abba" God revealed in the words and deeds of Jesus of Nazareth?
Ah! You must mean the one who will throw most of the wrold's population in the Lake of Fire and said things like...

Jhn 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Mat 21:44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Mat 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

And of course there are many more such sayings of Jesus that the vast majority of Christians know nothing about and willfully ignore.

Resting in Him,
Clete

wickwoman

Dear Akido7:

It depends on which God you WANT to believe in. For, though many Christians insist that the OT and NT Gods are consistent - they are in stark contrast. So, either something happened to this God who never changes or, possibly those who composed the Bible were schiztophrenic (sp?), or possibly there is a metaphoric interpretation to scripture which many fail to grasp.

I would contend that God should, AT THE VERY LEAST, be the highest and best that human beings have to offer. However, Christians often present a God that is very human: i.e. unforgiving, keeping account of wrongs, waiting for you to screw up so he can send you to Hell.

A very Godly love is presented in 1 Corinthians 13. Which I believe represents God very well, since the highest ideal is Love and God should be representative of our highest ideals:

1 Corinthians 13:4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

But, nonetheless, you will see many Christians using scripture like a weapon, cutting off the heads of any who would suggest their God is not the egotistical, judgment maniac that they want him to be. This could be because they are egotistical and judgmental and, all of us, being very much in love with ourselves, tend to project our own behaviors on God. It's funny, but you never hear some Christians say that God disagrees with them. I guess this speaks to the unfathomableness of God.

Last edited: