Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here is a post by Clete from another thread, describing his view of God.
Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer

If you think I'm a right wing extremist, wait till you meet God. If you have a problem with me, you're not going to like God at all! I'm just a lame little Teddy bear compared to God. All I can do is post on this web site and shun as many homos as I come in contact with. The awesome living God, on the other hand, not only is the one who created the universe by the power of His spoken word and has the power to throw your soul into eternal fire, but He also happens to be the ultimate right wing conservative wacko extremist of the universe! And He does not like people who try to ride fences.
I suggest you pick a side and get on it!

Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

I agree with Clete's view. I'm sick of Him being made out to be a wimp or a good ol' grandpa in the sky. Yes His is loving but He is also rightous, just and holy. He cannot look upon sin and expects the same from us.
So let's get off the fence. What is your view of God? Do you agree or disagree with Clete? Give reasoning or scripture for your vote.

Last edited:

Aimiel

The fact that He cleansed formerly 'un-clean' beasts, that we're now allowed to eat doesn't mean that He's going to endorse queers or apologize to Sodom and Gommorah.

beanieboy

Mark Twain used to refer to God as a boy who sat by a campfire with a daddy longlegs on a stick, and threatened to drop him in the fire if he did not love the boy.

On Fire

Originally posted by beanieboy

Mark Twain used to refer to God as a boy who sat by a campfire with a daddy longlegs on a stick, and threatened to drop him in the fire if he did not love the boy.

Beanie, keep asking atheists "Who is God?" and you'll go far. :kookoo:

beanieboy

The verse in Revelation speaks to those who neither oppose God, nor love God, but simply go through the motions, more out of habit than anything else, and as long as they make it into heaven, they really don't care about their earthly spirituality.

Why would Clete quote this?

Because God spit something out?

beanieboy

Originally posted by AtheistsSuck

Beanie, keep asking atheists "Who is God?" and you'll go far. :kookoo:

I think it is a good analogy to the preachers who used to scare and threaten people with hell and brimstone.

smaller

BANNED
Banned
ALL people have what is called a "subjective view" of God or of "Christ."

The only ACCURATE view of God is contained with Himself as only HE is capable of providing any sort of definition.

His definition is that there IS NO definition that BINDS HIM or CONTAINS HIM.

Even the word eternal does not CONTAIN the position of ETERNAL.

GET IT? I doubt it.

Aimiel

Sounds like you agree with this analogy. We (mankind, namely Adam and Eve) once enjoyed God's Presence and Company, in person. That relationship with Him was lost, due to sin. Jesus came to seek and to save that relationship. He said that 'whosover will' may come to Him, and have that relationship restored. That is what He came to do. That is what is offered to you. That is how we can come to know God. That is why He is knocking on your heart's door.

Melody

My view of God is one of a spider sitting on a burning log and the boy put his own hand in the fire to rescue him.

beanieboy

Originally posted by Aimiel

Sounds like you agree with this analogy. We (mankind, namely Adam and Eve) once enjoyed God's Presence and Company, in person. That relationship with Him was lost, due to sin. Jesus came to seek and to save that relationship. He said that 'whosover will' may come to Him, and have that relationship restored. That is what He came to do. That is what is offered to you. That is how we can come to know God. That is why He is knocking on your heart's door.

No. I agree with Melody's.
But that is how she represents God - as a rescuer, instead of a sadistic punisher.
Very cool image, btw. I'm going to think about that today.

smaller

BANNED
Banned
You can type, but you cannot hide eh?

So when the SPIDER BITES then the HAND DROPS it into the fire...smashed to pieces too I'd bet.

Melodies REAL version! No surprise.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

No. I agree with Melody's.
But that is how she represents God - as a rescuer
And yet here you are not willing to be rescued? :kookoo:

beanieboy

Originally posted by Poly

And yet here you are not willing to be rescued? :kookoo:

I never said that.

But that is not what you represented.
You represented a boy with me on the stick, and threatening me that if I don't do what he says, I will burn, and he will dance around the fire.

I can't love someone who puts a gun to my head, and says, "Love me, or I'll put a bullet in your head. Don't make me do it."

That isn't love. That's threat, and fear.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I can't love someone who puts a gun to my head, and says, "Love me, or I'll put a bullet in your head. Don't make me do it."

That isn't love. That's threat, and fear.
You hold a gun to your own head. You don't see that we all deserve condemnation and are condemned already if we don't accept Christ. He desires that you accept Him and loves you enough not to force you. Does He have to be with those that don't want to be with Him? If you don't want to be with Him then He won't make you.
You live with your choice to not let Him save you from your distruction.

On Fire

Originally posted by smaller

You can type, but you cannot hide eh?

So when the SPIDER BITES then the HAND DROPS it into the fire...smashed to pieces too I'd bet.

Melodies REAL version! No surprise.

The truth hurts you, doesn't it tiny one?