How do you view God?

How do you view God?

• I agree with Clete's description

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • I disagree with Clete's description

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

Gnostic

Dear Aimiel, what I'm saying is very simple, why are you making it very complicated?

Instructions for understanding the only unpardonable sin in the universe

Step 1
Jesus had the Spirit within him, he was "full of the Holy Spirit". Yes? No? Maybe?

What's that, Yes? Good...

Step 2
Those particular Pharisees said he is demon-possesed. Yes? No? Maybe?

What's that, Yes? very good...

Step 3
After they accused him, he warned them that all sins and blasphemies will be forgiven except that one against the Spirit. Yes? No? Maybe?

What's that, Yes? excellent!...

Step 4
The definition of "blasphemy against the Spirit" is when one points to the Spirit (inside the person and that is EXACTLY where She dwells, in the person), BUT calls the Spirit a demon. It is => CALLING THE SPIRIT THE DEVIL. Yes? No? Maybe?

What's that?! You are confused and you still don't get it?

Aimiel

I'm sorry, but I believe differently than you, and that makes all the difference. Here's a little tidbit that a friend of mine wrote that may help your understanding:

The case of the "unpardonable / unforgivable sin" or "blasphemy of the Holy Spirit" in the New Testament is mentioned in Mark 3:22-30 and in Matthew 12:22-32. The term blasphemy may be generally defined as "defiant reverence." We would apply the term to such sins as cursing God or willfully degrading things relating to God. It is also attributing some evil to God, or denying Him some good that we should attribute to Him. This case of blasphemy however is a specific one, called "the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" in Matthew 12:31. In Matthew 12:31-32 the Pharisees, having witnessed irrefutable proof that Jesus was working miracles in the power of the Holy Spirit, claimed instead that the Lord was possessed by the demon "Beelzebub" (Matthew 12:24). Now notice that in Mark 3:30 Jesus is very specific about what exactly they did to commit "the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit."

This blasphemy then has to do with someone accusing Jesus Christ (in person, on earth) of being demon-possessed. There are other ways to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, but this was "THE" blasphemy that was unpardonable. This means that this unpardonable sin against the Holy Spirit cannot be duplicated today because Jesus Christ is not on earth but seated at the right Hand of God; however the Holy Spirit still accomplishes supernatural things through His servants. Although there is no unpardonable sin today, we should always keep in mind there is unpardonable state-the state of continued unbelief. There is no pardon for a person who dies in unbelief. Remember, John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have eternal life." The only condition giving whereby someone would have no forgiveness is those that are not among the "whoever believes in Him."

Gnostic

Aimiel: "This means that this unpardonable sin against the Holy Spirit cannot be duplicated today because Jesus Christ is not on earth but seated at the right Hand of God;"

Please!

Matthew 12:32
Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

"Age to come."

And your now explanation is?

Aimiel

Your state of continued un-belief is intact, which (for instance if accidental death takes you before you repent) is un-pardonable. You have to believe in Jesus, in order to be saved, and you, apparently, are preaching 'another' gospel, which means that you are accurssed.

Gnostic

I'm telling you (and so does your Bible), that when someone puts on his white gloves and points to another saying "You don't have the Spirit dwelling within you."... and the poiting person just happen to be in error because the Spirit is indeed in there, then THAT makes the Spirit very angry (calling Her the Devil).

Thus, it's best not to do what?

Oh yes, it's best not to judge. Just in case, you know.

Aimiel

Originally posted by Gnostic

I'm telling you (and so does your Bible), that when someone puts on his white gloves and points to another saying "You don't have the Spirit dwelling within you."... and the poiting person just happen to be in error because the Spirit is indeed in there, then THAT makes the Spirit very angry (calling Her the Devil).

Thus, it's best not to do what?

Oh yes, it's best not to judge. Just in case, you know.
It isn't my judgement. It is what The Bible refers to as discernment of spirits. I not only believe that you aren't filled with The Holy Spirit, or that He doesn't walk with you, but I am also sure that there are many decieving spirits that speak through you, since you have allowed their doctrines to come out of your mouth. That much is clear to a newborn babe in Christ. We aren't playing games, we have a relationship with The Lord, some of us walk with Him, and still others of us have Him inside of us, such as myself.

Gnostic

So then, according you I'm able to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit and I'll be forgiven. Well then, let the blasphemies begin...

I (ME) AM the Holy Spirit. Yes I AM. I AM, I AM, I AM, I AM, I AM!

I repent.

Nice?

"discernment of spirits"? And how do you do this? How?

But since you say the Spirit dwells within you (of course) and you deny the same for me, then you must demonstrate my sin. Please demonstrate it. Show me.

God will also ask you to demonstrate it so I suggest you get some practice.

Aimiel

"discernment of spirits"? And how do you do this? How?
No, I don't. The Holy Spirit gives His Discernment.
But since you say the Spirit dwells within you (of course) and you deny the same for me, then you must demonstrate my sin. Please demonstrate it. Show me.
You are doing that far better than I could hope to. The most blatant example that I've seen so far? Your lack of faith in The Word of God. He is not a god, with lesser gods at his side. He is The Only God. You haven't encountered Him, you only have knowledge which you believe relates to Him, but has nothing to do with The Truth, but you have accepted, anyway.

Gnostic

You said: "Your lack of faith in The Word of God."

Actually, I don't lack any faith in the Word of God. I lack faith in certain Roman Doctrines you inherited.

You said: "The Holy Spirit gives His Discernment."

The Holy Spirit is not a "He" but a "She," and here it is...

John 3:6
Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

And your male Spirit gives birth? Yes?

Whoever sold you on your beliefs did their job well. And I don't mind, you believe what you want. My sole message is don't judge. Don't do it, ever.

Aimiel

Actually, I don't lack any faith in the Word of God.
These are mere words. Your inability to endure sound doctrine proves otherwise.[/QUOTE]I lack faith in certain Roman Doctrines you inherited.[/QUOTE]What one(s), specifically?
The Holy Spirit is not a "He" but a "Her," and here it is...

John 3:6
Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

And your male Spirit gives birth? Yes?
The Lord is Spirit, and He is All-Male and All-Female, as was Adam, until the female parts were removed, to make a woman.
Whoever sold you on your beliefs did their job well.
The Lord isn't 'peddling' The Truth, It is available to whosoever will. If you would like, He could give you a good healthy dose of His Truth. He offers The Water of Life to all.
And I don't mind, you believe what you want. My sole message is don't judge. Don't do it, ever.
Your lack of righteous judgement, as well as your lack of discernment are both painfully obvious to everyone but yourself. You need to judge rightly, and to learn how to listen to The Voice of Truth.

Aimiel

Why try to re-define God by His sex, Who has identified Himself as The Everlasting Father? Why not take Him at His Word? He has painted Himself as The Father, His Son as The Groom and us as His Bride. Are you believing that we will have sex in Heaven?

wickwoman

Originally posted by Aimiel

Why try to re-define God by His sex, Who has identified Himself as The Everlasting Father? Why not take Him at His Word? He has painted Himself as The Father, His Son as The Groom and us as His Bride. Are you believing that we will have sex in Heaven?

It's just a fact, Aimiel. The word is a female noun. Look it up.

Heaven won't be much fun if we don't have sex.

Aimiel

Your attempts to re-make God into your imaginary image of Him has no effect upon Him, it only gives you an excuse to dismiss Truths, which He clearly states regarding Himself.

Having physical intercourse for the exchange of bodily fluids or to become more intimate with someone not only won't be necessary, but would be repetitive, since we will be married to The Lord, and have no secrets from anyone. We will know as we are known. There will be no advantage that one might bring to another by way of any type of intercourse, that is not shared with all. The Lord is One, and we will be One with Him, already.

servent101

Wickwoman
Heaven won't be much fun if we don't have sex.

Sex is a culturally instilled desire - it really is something that we are brainwashed into wanting and hankering for. It is an epidemic of lust - and we do not love one another or want one another - we look for an image - we are looking for another person who can fill the image of what we want - and what is the cause of our want - our fear of lacking something.

Truthfully we can only really enjoy one another and build one another up when we are free of the infatuations we conjure in our partners to satisfy the image of what we are seeking - and in truth that image is just there because it keeps us from thinking we are lacking in any area.

In heaven we are free from the traps of the mind - that bind us to the illusion of sex and infatuation, of need and of image.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

wickwoman

Dear Servant:

I'm not really concerned about sex in Heaven, I was just hoping to get Aimiel off on another amusing tangent.

Aimiel

Originally posted by wickwoman

I'm not really concerned about sex in Heaven, I was just hoping to get Aimiel off on another amusing tangent.
I hope that I performed to your satisfaction, and that you might make further requests for me to give you just as much 'amusement' as you desire, such that, who knows, maybe you even learn something from the exercise? I am not going to dodge and play games with you, to try and make your persuit in vain, as is the wont of some on TOL. :rolleyes:

servent101

Wickwoman

I feel sorry for Aimiel - and I do not find his tangents amusing - they make me quite sick.

So anyways - what I posted was actually from Merlin - the Wizard in King Arthur’s Tales - any thoughts?

With Christ's Love

Servent101

Aimiel

Just a Few Thoughts...

Just a Few Thoughts...

Servent101,

I'm sorry that you don't understand Christian humor, or theology, but, since you don't, maybe you could come to grips with the fact that Christians do, and would love to welcome you to our fold, if you would get saved.

Do you realize that Merlin is a fictional character, and that God is real? Do you also realize that your reference to him, by quotation, could be paramount to witchcraft. We Christians don't allow our good to be evil spoken of. I guess that these things don't apply to you, since you're the holiest person who has ever lived, right?

wickwoman

Originally posted by servent101

Wickwoman

Sex is a culturally instilled desire - it really is something that we are brainwashed into wanting and hankering for. It is an epidemic of lust - and we do not love one another or want one another - we look for an image - we are looking for another person who can fill the image of what we want - and what is the cause of our want - our fear of lacking something.

I agree to an extent sex can be a substitute for true peace and joy just like money or fame or anything else. However, sex is a natural process which is necessary for the continuation of a species and, in this regard, would exist with or without the brainwashing of popular culture.

Originally posted by servent101 Truthfully we can only really enjoy one another and build one another up when we are free of the infatuations we conjure in our partners to satisfy the image of what we are seeking - and in truth that image is just there because it keeps us from thinking we are lacking in any area.

In heaven we are free from the traps of the mind - that bind us to the illusion of sex and infatuation, of need and of image.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

In Heaven we are free of bodies that bring with them all sorts of limitations and pleasures but I am sure there will be a spiritual process that we enjoy as spirit beings which greatly surpasses the pleasure to be found in sex.