How do you know you are saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Do you deny the fact that the Christian has already been given eternal life?:

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son"
(1 Jn.5:11).​

This does not say Christians are saved. Christians have hope of eternal life.

drbrumley

I, as a catholic can never be certain if I'll be saved. I know that when I confess and repent, I'm sinless, so at that particular moment i would be saved. But tomorrow i could theoretically commit mortal sin and die without a chance to confess and repent.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Sorry bout your choice of religion to make you doubt that..

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

The Greek word 'elpis' translated 'hope' is a confident expectation that God will fulfill His promises.
It does not mean a wimpy 'I hope so', which is evidence of doubt, not faith.
It is by grace that we are saved, through faith.
Faith is not doubt. They are opposites.
Believe GOD!

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

John 11

23*Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.

24*Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

25*Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26*And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

27*She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I, as a catholic can never be certain if I'll be saved. I know that when I confess and repent, I'm sinless, so at that particular moment i would be saved. But tomorrow i could theoretically commit mortal sin and die without a chance to confess and repent.

Christians have hope of eternal life. If we strive to be true to Jesus until the end, our life will be godly even though we will never be like Jesus; Jesus will fill our shortcoming and make sinless in God's eye.

Jesus looks into our heart.

rickyg0000

Sorry bout your choice of religion to make you doubt that..
It's not a matter of choice. It's a matter of salvation. Knowing that i have to work hard and follow Jesus's path every single day gives me the opportunity to truly accomplish salvation nor only for me, but for those who are still lost.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
John 11

23*Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.

24*Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

25*Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26*And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

27*She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

do you notice those future tense "shall"?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It's not a matter of choice. It's a matter of salvation. Knowing that i have to work hard and follow Jesus's path every single day gives me the opportunity to truly accomplish salvation nor only for me, but for those who are still lost.

good for you brother.

Jerry Shugart

You are blind if you cannot see that the Chriustian already possesses eternal life:

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son"
(1 Jn.5:11).​

It is beyond me thow you can look at this verse and say with a straight face that Christians only have the hope of eternal life.

"as it is written: "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that could not see and ears that could not hear, to this very day"
(Ro.11:8).​

Status
Not open for further replies.