How do you know you are saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
My mom wouldn't let me in the house till I took my shoes off.

That didn't mean she had quit loving me.

what does that have to do with "shall not perish"?

Shall not is future tense. You are only boasting if you claim to be already saved.

drbrumley

shall not is future tense.

So claiming to be saved now is deceived.

What does this mean then...

"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God: that ye may know that ye have eternal life and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." (1 John 5:13).

And it isn't boasting....I am happy to know Jesus. I am happy He saved a wretch like me who didn't deserve Jesus on the cross dying for me. Why can't we be happy about it?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
What does this mean then...

"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God: that ye may know that ye have eternal life and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." (1 John 5:13).

do you notice the word "may"?

drbrumley

do you notice the word "may"?

What has that got to do with anything? You do notice may is used twice in that verse right? And it is the same word right? So your saying I may believe on the name of the Son of God at a future time? Is that seriously what your suggesting?

drbrumley

Here is your implication of that

"and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." (1 John 5:13)."

Even though the Apostle John is speaking to me as I read this in the present tense, that I MAY believe on the name of the Son of God at a later time, but not right now. That is what your saying...

rickyg0000

I, as a catholic can never be certain if I'll be saved. I know that when I confess and repent, I'm sinless, so at that particular moment i would be saved. But tomorrow i could theoretically commit mortal sin and die without a chance to confess and repent.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.