How can God resurrect us if we do not have an immortal soul?

glorydaz

Jesus said:

Luk 16:31 He said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.’”

Joh 5:39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,
Joh 5:40 yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.

Conjecture.

You must have a mountain load of patience to still be conversing with these fools.

clefty

Clefty, I was reading this and thought of the witch at Endor.
ha yup good...

Act 16:16
And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
Act 16:17
The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
Act 16:18
And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Look at how spot on accurate this demon spirit was in what it said, just like the demon spirit who impersonated "Samuel" through the mouth of the diviner/soothsaying woman at Endor.

Thus, if one wanted to argue that spirits always lie, we have two cases in point where they tell the exact truth. A third case was Satan telling Eve "You shall be as gods knowing good and evil". The trouble is you don't want to be as the demon gods knowing/experiencing evil whereas up to then Eve had only known good.

Yes if one were to keep score it is interesting that in a sense the truth was told 3 times...and now add to that:

“Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD and said, 'I will entice him.' And the LORD said to him, 'How?' 21"He said, 'I will go and be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' Then He said, 'You are to entice him and prevail also. Go and do so.' 22"Now therefore, behold, the LORD has put a deceiving spirit in the mouth of these your prophets...” 2 Chron 18:20 also found in 2 kings...so now we even have the good guys lying and deceiving...what is up? Yah is THAT desirous for HIS WILL...ODD that...IS HE NOT ALL POWERFUL?

Jealous God...wishing to protect His rep...up against an Accusser who is telling the truth...what DRAMA this great controversy...

Although diviners may tell the truth, the end result of their divination is going to be bad.
Look at Eve. Look at Israel when it followed Balaam's advice. Did not end too well for Saul.
yes good connecting that the truth in these instances is under Satans control...

Satan believes in Yahushua...Satan KNOWS the TRUTH...even Satan believes He is the Son of Yah...and knows he was given a planet out of grace and mercy to rule and thereby PROVE TO ALL THE UNIVERSE once and for all IS YAH GOOD?

Having a demon-possessed woman following one around and affirming what one says means that you are now linked in the populaces mind as being of one and the same spirit, saying one and the same thing. That, I believe, is why Paul threw it out - and obviously to have mercy on the possessed woman.
good...Paul being in enemy territory (the whole world HA) knew that there is only ONE Spirit to create the opportunity and timing for when the message should be heard...throwing it about to everyone in earshot all the time is not His style...?

And the lie the Endor spirit told (along with truth) was that it was Samuel.
The lie Satan told Eve (along with the truth) was that she would not surely die.
And the lie the Acts 16 soothsayer spirit told (along with the truth) was "which shew unto us the way of salvation". The spirit was saying "us" inclusive, perhaps hoping there was salvation for evil spirits - which there is not.
yes good...let us never forget it’s the “what % of fecal matter do you allow in the bowl of punch?” Satan knows just a little ruins EVERYTHING...just one degree off and over time and distance you are much off target...which is exactly sin...evil merely being NOT EXACTLY what He wants...someone asks for water you bring lemonade...awww that is nice but water was asked for...no big deal until the person you brought the lemonade to is allergic to it...well same with Yah HE IS SEVERLY ALLERGIC TO ANYTHING NOT HIS WILL even if it is just a little off...

clefty

Jesus said:

Luk 16:31 He said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.’”
the irony that Saul had both Moses AND the prophet Samual and REJECTED both preferring his own thing...and yet the teaching of Abraham was proven WRONG...Saul WAS convinced...silly folktales...using Santa to teach yet another lesson does not prove the Santa story is real...

Joh 5:39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,
Joh 5:40 yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.
why do you do that? Why do you search the scriptures thinking you find immortality and its hell and not see HE is the resurrection and the LIFE it bears witness too...why do you refuse to come to Him which gives that life at that time but cling to a folktale parable of man’s traditions...

way 2 go

You must have a mountain load of patience to still be conversing with these fools.

they are foolish saying Jesus lied and Holy Spirit is a holy attitude, not a component we have now.
:kookoo:

I wonder if clefty and vowels believe that the earth is flat ?

iouae

yes good...let us never forget it’s the “what % of fecal matter do you allow in the bowl of punch?” Satan knows just a little ruins EVERYTHING...just one degree off and over time and distance you are much off target...which is exactly sin...evil merely being NOT EXACTLY what He wants...someone asks for water you bring lemonade...awww that is nice but water was asked for...no big deal until the person you brought the lemonade to is allergic to it...well same with Yah HE IS SEVERLY ALLERGIC TO ANYTHING NOT HIS WILL even if it is just a little off...

That is what is wrong with OUR righteousness, and why OUR righteousness is as filthy rags. OUR righteousness WE can claim for OURSELVES and in so doing, take all the credit to OURSELVES - which really, really, REALLY annoys God. Which is why I say that all the righteous men in the world, from Socrates to Confucius - they cannot be given eternal life on THEIR righteousness. Any righteousness apart from God, and not empowered by the Holy Spirit is no righteousness at all. That is why one can give all to the poor, give one's body to be burned - and profit nothing.

iouae

they are foolish saying Jesus lied and Holy Spirit is a holy attitude, not a component we have now.

I wonder if clefty and vowels believe that the earth is flat ?

Way to go - in future, if you wish to discuss this, you should discuss the Holy Spirit separately from the topic of any spirit component in man. That way you will be less confused.

And if you were more civil, less name-calling, less kookoo-icon using, less flat-earth implying, you may find the conversation would have more light and less heat. Unless you fear the light?

way 2 go

Clefty, I was reading this and thought of the witch at Endor.

Act 16:16
And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

the text literally says "possessed with a spirit of divination"

and here the text literally says Samuel , all you have is conjecture ,
if it was a demon the bible would not have "Samuel said "

1Sa 28:15 And Samuel said to Saul,Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?” Saul answered
1Sa 28:16 And Samuel said,

way 2 go

the irony that Saul had both Moses AND the prophet Samual and REJECTED both preferring his own thing...and yet the teaching of Abraham was proven WRONG...Saul WAS convinced...silly folktales...using Santa to teach yet another lesson does not prove the Santa story is real...

giphy.gif

Jesus did not lie but you do.

Luk 16:30 And he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’

Saul did not repent

clefty

no He didnt lie...especially when He said His friend was DEAD...He did NOT say His dead friend had gone to bosomville...

Talking about Santa to teach about clean chimneys does not mean Santa is real...

Just like His using a folktale about Abraham’s bosom to teach forgiveness does not mean it was a documantary on the afterlife...

Luk 16:30 And he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’

Saul did not repent

Right. Saul’s heart was long idolatrous willing to believe and follow anything but Him His prophets even. Is why Saul was abandoned by Him.

Is why Abraham knew not to let anyone get up off his bosom put on a robe and ascend back up to the top side world...no one would be convinced...unto repentance...convinced by their own eidolon sure but not unto repentance...

1Ch 10:13

“So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit real power, to enquire of it; disturb Samuel and dial him up from Bosomville.”

There fixed it for you to say what your heart wishes it would say.

glorydaz

Way to go - in future, if you wish to discuss this, you should discuss the Holy Spirit separately from the topic of any spirit component in man. That way you will be less confused.

And if you were more civil, less name-calling, less kookoo-icon using, less flat-earth implying, you may find the conversation would have more light and less heat. Unless you fear the light?

Heathen....if you were not a natural man of the flesh, you'd understand the scripture.

clefty

the text literally says "possessed with a spirit of divination"
indeed it does but he was speaking to the demon’s accuracy rather than power to posses or even that the girl was accurate despite being possesssed by the demon...or because of it

and here the text literally says Samuel , all you have is conjecture ,
if it was a demon the bible would not have "Samuel said "

1Sa 28:15 And Samuel said to Saul,Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?” Saul answered
1Sa 28:16 And Samuel said,

Peter said the donkey spoke...the text literally says that
Moses wrote the serpent said...the text literally says that
The people thought “Here is our god who brought us out of Egypt” Aaron authorized that knowing by the people, this perception of the people...the text literally says...

clefty

That is what is wrong with OUR righteousness, and why OUR righteousness is as filthy rags. OUR righteousness WE can claim for OURSELVES and in so doing, take all the credit to OURSELVES - which really, really, REALLY annoys God. Which is why I say that all the righteous men in the world, from Socrates to Confucius - they cannot be given eternal life on THEIR righteousness. Any righteousness apart from God, and not empowered by the Holy Spirit is no righteousness at all. That is why one can give all to the poor, give one's body to be burned - and profit nothing.

Romans 2 speaks of people NOT having the TORAH but do what is written in their hearts their conscience also bearing witness their thoughts revealing them...on the day of judgement when Yah judge’s peoples secrets THROUGH Yahushua...

There was understanding of the principles of the Law before the revelation of it to the Hebrews at Sinai that church in the wilderness...Joseph knew full well adultery was a sin against his God...not a crime against his master Potiphar...so there we see demonstrated that there was some understanding of what is good...

True, Joseph was not a china man but nevertheless it was before the revelation at Sinai...

The final Judgement is not mine or for me to decide a man’s secret heart but HIS

it’s just up to me to spread that HalleluYah Gospel in His NAME to those who dont fully understand why they desire to do good according to their conscience...

clefty

giphy.gif

Saul did not repent

Maybe you’ll find this of interest...seeing as you, as other posters, seem to like to do research for cute pictures and gifs and stuff...

https://isthatinthebible.wordpress....-man-and-lazarus-a-fable-about-the-afterlife/

http://poetic-evangel.blogspot.com/2010/02/rich-man-and-lazarus.html

Oh man you are in luck...found one with cute pictures even:

http://slideplayer.com/slide/4462011/

I mean it makes perfect sense that a folktale revised by jews is in support of an afterlife myth also revised by jews...jewish purgatory...

And I am called Judaizer for teaching a Sabbath keeping remains for His people...lol

Good stuff here I tell ya...come taste and see the Lord is good not a liar...

The objection of others is that parables do not use proper names. "And he took up his parable, and said, 'From ARAM has BALAK brought me, the king of MOAB from the mountains of the East: come, curse me JACOB, and come, defy ISRAEL'" [Numbers 23:7]. Not one but FIVE PROPER NAMES are used in one parable. "SATAN" [Mark 4:14] "THE SON OF MAN" [Matthew 13:37]. (William Robert West, If the Soul or Spirit Is Immortal, There Can Be No Resurrection from the Dead, Third Edition, September 2006, originally published as The Resurrection and Immortality [Bloomington, IN: Author House], p. 229.)

https://www.truthaccordingtoscriptu...-rich-man-and-lazarus-dawson.php#.WokqRCROmhA

Last edited:

iouae

Maybe you’ll find this of interest...seeing as you, as other posters, seem to like to do research for cute pictures and gifs and stuff...

Oh man you are in luck...found one with cute pictures even:

LOL I think you are on the right track here Clefty. You need to look for some comic strips of Saul and "Samuel" - and of Lazarus and the rich man - with cute pics of dogs licking the poor man's sores.

clefty