How can God resurrect us if we do not have an immortal soul?

rstrats

iouae,

Ecclesiastes 12:7 makes it clear - "Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it."

genuineoriginal

Ecclesiastes says that life leaves the body at death.

Ecc 3:21
Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Solomon is saying who knows if the life force of a man goes up, and the life force of a beast goes down at death. Solomon is asking a question, not making a statement of fact.
iouae,

Ecclesiastes 12:7 makes it clear - "Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it."
Does the verse talk about the spirit or the soul?
There is a difference.

iouae

iouae,

I read "spirit" = "life". Our life does return to God who gave it in the first place.

The life is in the blood, according to the OT.

Lev 17:11
For the life of the flesh is in the blood:

iouae

Does the verse talk about the spirit or the soul?
There is a difference.

When God breathed into man the "breath"/ruwach/spirit of life, man became a living soul/nephesh.

There is nothing spirit in either breath or the soul, since a search of soul/nephesh shows animals breath the same breath and too have nephesh/soul.

In fact, Solomon saw no difference between beasts and man, and neither do I. Neither have an immortal soul. God does not need an immortal soul, in order to give man eternal life.

Ecc 3:19
For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

Man has NO preeminence over a beast. Surely if man had an immortal soul, that would be preeminence over a beast.

And the word for "breath" is "ruwach" or "spirit". They both have one and the same spirit/breath - nothing immortal here.

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

When God breathed into man the "breath"/ruwach/spirit of life, man became a living soul/nephesh.

There is nothing spirit in either breath or the soul, since a search of soul/nephesh shows animals breath the same breath and too have nephesh/soul.

In fact, Solomon saw no difference between beasts and man, and neither do I. Neither have an immortal soul. God does not need an immortal soul, in order to give man eternal life.

Ecc 3:19
For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

Man has NO preeminence over a beast. Surely if man had an immortal soul, that would be preeminence over a beast.

And the word for "breath" is "ruwach" or "spirit". They both have one and the same spirit/breath - nothing immortal here.

What beast has God ever said that He would make "in our image, after our likeness"?

Genesis 1:26
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.​

iouae

What beast has God ever said that He would make "in our image, after our likeness"?

Genesis 1:26
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.​

Looking like God is not going to help you when you die. Thus the unconverted man has no preeminence over a beast at death.

BUT... if there is a little baby Jesus growing inside you - that makes you a friend of God - and it is this baby Jesus - the new you, which God loves and recognises, and He will not allow this to die - so God will raise you in a new body with the character and characteristics of Jesus which have been developing inside you in this life.

I hope the above makes sense.

genuineoriginal

Looking like God is not going to help you when you die. Thus the unconverted man has no preeminence over a beast at death.

BUT... if there is a little baby Jesus growing inside you - that makes you a friend of God - and it is this baby Jesus - the new you, which God loves and recognises, and He will not allow this to die - so God will raise you in a new body with the character and characteristics of Jesus which have been developing inside you in this life.

I hope the above makes sense.

It sounds like you have been listening to fables and not reading the Bible.
Prove me wrong by posting the verses that talk about having a little baby Jesus growing inside you.

iouae

It sounds like you have been listening to fables and not reading the Bible.
Prove me wrong by posting the verses that talk about having a little baby Jesus growing inside you.

There is no point in growing another YOU inside you. We grow a JESUS inside us.

Eph 4:24
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Col 3:10
And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

The "new man" is "Christ in you, the hope of glory". Col 1:27

genuineoriginal

There is no point in growing another YOU inside you. We grow a JESUS inside us.

Eph 4:24
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Col 3:10
And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

The "new man" is "Christ in you, the hope of glory". Col 1:27

I don't see anything about "little baby Jesus" in those verses.
I see directions from Paul for you to be a grownup that is not bound by past sins.

Zeke

Yes. Good point Jamie.

Mat 10:28
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Doesn't add up literally, metaphorically it does when introverted as spirit speaking from within his own flesh house/Kingdom Luke 17:21, John 1:11 that can't receive spiritual truth just like you can't receive truth while carnal minded Romans 8:6, then you will fear the God of OT letter Gal 4:21-24.

The Husband of the free Woman is our Spiritual Father who judges no man John 3:35,5:22, Psalms 40:6 or threat of punishment , 1John 4:18, Romans 8:15, our flesh must face the fear of death before passing that trial, that judgment is annulled when the inner man Romans 7:24 a babe crying in the wilderness of tribulation living in death/spiritually dependent on another Gal 3:24, Gal 4:1 a Christ in training 1John 3:2, 1Cor 3:16, 2Cor 3:18, must awake from sleep Eph 5:14, in everyone in its season for that little sprout to emerge from the soul/darkness/death Romans 8:11, it must suffer in darkness before emerging into light Acts 17:31.

This paradox of mortal blindness vs immortal light in man will walk crooked while trying to serve both 2Cor 3:6, John 6:63, reconciliation of the mind the garden/vineyard of God Acts 17:24, Luke 17:21, is delayed from the duplicity caused by reading spiritual parables as historic events, that will keep one walking half asleep mocking truth Gal 4:29, Gen 21:9, Gal 4:24, Psalms 78:2, Proverbs 1:6.

iouae

I don't see anything about "little baby Jesus" in those verses.
I see directions from Paul for you to be a grownup that is not bound by past sins.

Well genuineoriginal, if you cannot see it, then I am not going to try to put the dots any closer together. You will just have to remain ignorant/enlightened, as the case may be.

genuineoriginal

Well genuineoriginal, if you cannot see it, then I am not going to try to put the dots any closer together. You will just have to remain ignorant/enlightened, as the case may be.
The reason I can't see it is not that I am ignorant, it is because I look at the actual words of the Bible and do not find "little baby Jesus" anywhere in it.
The Bible speaks of the Spirit dwelling in us, but not a "little baby".
If your inner "little baby" is doing the posting for you, it would explain a lot. :chuckle:

iouae

The reason I can't see it is not that I am ignorant, it is because I look at the actual words of the Bible and do not find "little baby Jesus" anywhere in it.
The Bible speaks of the Spirit dwelling in us, but not a "little baby".
If your inner "little baby" is doing the posting for you, it would explain a lot. :chuckle:

There are lots of words like rapture and trinity not in the Bible.

I am not prepared to "baby" those unwilling or unable to see concepts like "new man" = "baby Jesus" and even this verse alludes to a "baby Jesus" being formed in us...
Gal 4:19
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

genuineoriginal

There are lots of words like rapture and trinity not in the Bible.
And that should make Christians suspicious of the doctrines surrounding those words and carefully test them for truth and error.

I am not prepared to "baby" those unwilling or unable to see concepts like "new man" = "baby Jesus" and even this verse alludes to a "baby Jesus" being formed in us...
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,
Yes, you are not ready to give an answer to any man:

1 Peter 3:15
15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:​

iouae

And that should make Christians suspicious of the doctrines surrounding those words and carefully test them for truth and error.

Yes, you are not ready to give an answer to any man:

1 Peter 3:15
15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:​

And yet you have no answer for me.

This clearly shows that Jesus is being formed in us as the new man.

And it is a baby Jesus in some, and a bigger, more mature Jesus in others.

But thank you, I have no further desire to give any answer to you since you seem resistant to even the most elementary truths.

genuineoriginal

And yet you have no answer for me.

This clearly shows that Jesus is being formed in us as the new man.

And it is a baby Jesus in some, and a bigger, more mature Jesus in others.

But thank you, I have no further desire to give any answer to you since you seem resistant to even the most elementary truths.
If you have a baby forming in you, it is not Christ.