Hosts of "Fixer upper" HGTV show under Attack for Attending Bible Believing Church

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Only this weirdo ACW would accuse you of both being a libertarian AND supporting hate crime laws. He apparently doesn't understand that words have meanings and can't just be thrown around with the definition he has concocted.

The 'gay' agenda (hate crime legislation, Employer Non Discrimination Act, etc.) are a direct result of your Libertarian philosophy, you're just not intelligent enough to realize it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
They probably will be though. They do this to people a lot. They'll cry and cry until they get fired. I heard they got Pastor Steve Anderson's Paypal shut down, and got another Pastor in trouble with the church landlord, and all sorts of things. They've really been ramping up against people who don't believe in what they do. They'll end up getting them fired. They got that pizza shop and cake shops shut down. They're authoritarian bullies. They won't let up.

What pizza shop and if you mean cakes by melissa, she closed her own shop rather than cater to what the state demanded. They (lgbt bullies and their supporters) didnt close it.

I agree though that the goal of the author of the articles in buzzfeed and cosmo, are jealous of their (the Gaines) fame and wide support from all kinds of people, so they are using them to make examples of because they are christians, to try to force people to agree gay is ok, when it isnt.

They want people to starve or die, rather than disagree, they aren't tolerant, they are totalitarians. Filled with hate. They embody what they lie about others and say for propoganda, its no wonder they think we hate them and want them dead, they are merely sending out whats in their own imaginations believing we think the filth that they do.

Jude 1:8 7In like manner, Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, who indulged in sexual immorality and pursued strange flesh, are on display as an example of those who sustain the punishment of eternal fire. 8 Yet in the same way, these dreamers defile their bodies, reject authority, and slander glorious beings.

2 Peter 2:12 These men are like irrational animals, creatures of instinct, born to be captured and destroyed. They blaspheme in matters they do not understand, and like such creatures, they too will be destroyed. 13 The harm they will suffer is the wages of their wickedness. They consider it a pleasure to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their deception as they feast with you.14 Their eyes are full of adultery; their desire for sin is never satisfied; they seduce the unstable. They are accursed children with hearts trained in greed.

Daniel1769

The 'gay' agenda (hate crime legislation, Employer Non Discrimination Act, etc.) are a direct result of your Libertarian philosophy, you're just not intelligent enough to realize it.

Yeah, the laws are the fault of people that don't want all these laws. Do you know who's fault it really is? It's the fault of people like, YOU, ACW. YOU who wanted the government to have so much damn power to begin with. YOU want them to rule over everyone then get salty when they make a rule that you don't like. YOU can take the responsibility for supporting tyranny so long as it agreed with you, and now that same power that YOU wanted the government to have is being in used in ways that you don't like. You're salty, but this is all your fault to begin with so quit your whining. Like rebellious Israel, You wanted unbelievers to rule you, and you go it!

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Need I refresh your memory about your support of ENDA?

https://www.aclu.org/cases/employmen...rimination-act

If you've changed your mind, lemme know.

Nope, just another whopper you invent.

So that we can set the record straight: Should a business owner be able to deny employment to someone who identifies as a homosexual?

Should a landlord be able to deny someone who identifies as a homosexual a place to live?

You and Desert Reign were quite adamant that everyone has a right to a job and a place to live.

Has your opinion changed?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Need I refresh your memory about your support of ENDA?

https://www.aclu.org/cases/employmen...rimination-act

If you've changed your mind, lemme know.

So that we can set the record straight: Should a business owner be able to deny employment to someone who identifies as a homosexual?

Should a landlord be able to deny someone who identifies as a homosexual a place to live?

You and Desert Reign were quite adamant that everyone has a right to a job and a place to live.

Has your opinion changed?

Make another thread about it, you are not being honest about the context of what i said.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Make another thread about it, you are not being honest about the context of what i said.

This thread is all about private property rights, only it's be used by perverts to punish Christians.

Those were two simple questions that can easily be answered here. If not, I can only assume that you stand by your earlier statements.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
No they are a white supremacist group. They are speaking at Texas A&M tonight. They want to make America white again...

As opposed to making America every color BUT white. I can tell you straight up that these college campuses preach that white people are wicked and all their white students are subservient morons.

That is why these people go to these campuses. And if I recall, people who decided they were going to jump in front of them and act foolish were literally strong armed away :chuckle:

I say good work- if it takes white supremacists, then so be it- you are all lunatics.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Liberal - tolerant (if you agree with them) and totalitarians, if you do not, you will be forced to agree. You may not have a belief or opinion that isnt sanctioned.

If they were instead adherents of a satanic church....would you still be defending them?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Update:

We ‘Refuse to Be Baited’: ‘Fixer Upper’ Host Speaks After Controversy Over Church’s Marriage Beliefs

WACO, Texas — One of the hosts of the popular HGTV show “Fixer Upper” has written a blog post that some are interpreting as a response to the recent controversy over the church the couple attends, which holds to biblical beliefs on marriage and homosexuality.

“Jo and I refuse to be baited into using our influence in a way that will further harm an already hurting world,” Chip Gaines wrote on his wife’s blog on Monday. “This is our home. A house divided cannot stand.”

While not specifically referencing the controversy—or any issue or circumstance in particular, he said that the past year has been one of much division that has left people sad, angry and scared.

“If there is any hope for all of us to move forward, to heal and to grow, we have got to learn to engage people who are different from us with dignity and with love,” Gaines wrote. “Joanna and I have personal convictions. One of them is this: we care about you for the simple fact that you are a person, our neighbor on planet earth.”

“It’s not about what color your skin is, how much money you have in the bank, your political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender, nationality or faith,” he continued. “That’s all fascinating, but it cannot add or take away from the reality that we’re already pulling for you. We are not about to get in the nasty business of throwing stones at each other. Don’t ask us to, ’cause we won’t play that way.”

Gaines said that he desires a world where people may disagree lovingly.

“Jo and I feel called to be bridge builders. We want to help initiate conversations between people that don’t think alike,” he said. “Listen to me, we do not all have to agree with each other. Disagreement is not the same thing as hate, don’t believe that lie.”

As previously reported, in late November, Gaines and his wife Joanna were placed under scrutiny as BuzzFeed reporter, Kate Arthur, noted that because homosexuals and others enjoy “Fixer Upper,” and because the Gaines’—who identify as evangelical Christians—have not stated a position on homosexuality, the outlet decided to look into the beliefs of their pastor.

The couple attends Antioch Community Church, led by Jimmy Seibert.

Arthur explained that she called the church and was pointed to the beliefs section of its website, which states, “Marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime.” She was also advised that the church has always held to that view.

Arthur additionally pointed to a sermon delivered by Siebert following last year’s U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges, in which he noted God’s design in the book of Genesis.

“This is a clear biblical admonition. So if someone were to say, ‘Marriage is defined in a different way,’ let me just say: They are wrong,” he said. “God defined marriage, not you and I. God defined masculine and feminine, male and female, not you and I.”

Siebert outlined that homosexuality is a sin, but that Christ can set men free from any sin, no matter what it is.

“Truth No. 2: God is able to give us power over every sin, including homosexuality. Lie No. 2: I am a homosexual in thought and action, and I cannot change,” he preached.

Seibert urged compassion for homosexuals and encouraged Christians to “lovingly, carefully bring them back to Scripture.”

Listen to the sermon in full

“So are the Gaineses against same-sex marriage? And would they ever feature a same-sex couple on the show, as have HGTV’s ‘House Hunters’ and ‘Property Brothers?’” Arthur consequently posed.

Other media outlets soon picked up on the matter, including Cosmopolitan, which characterized the report as a “startling revelation.” However, some criticized the BuzzFeed article as being a “witch hunt” and a “non-story,” as it is not a news flash nor a surprise that Christians believe the Bible.

Tyler O’Neil of PJ Media noted on Tuesday that some Christians might have wanted Gaines to write lucidly in support of his pastor and biblical teaching on the matter. However, he said that Gaines’ point was that those who disagree with various life choices are not haters.

“While the TV star’s comments may leave some on the right unsatisfied—‘Why didn’t he defend the Christian position against gay marriage?!’—they are an important reminder that Christians are first and foremost about love. Jesus called us to love our enemies—even those who disagree with us or persecute us,” O’Neil wrote.

“At the same time, Gaines’ remarks are a clear rebuke to those liberals who think everyone who disagrees with them, especially on same-sex marriage and LGBT issues, is a ‘hater,'” he said. “It is emphatically clear that Chip Gaines does not ‘hate’ gay people, even if he does agree with his pastor’s views against same-sex marriage and for the possibility that gay people can be redeemed from a sinful lifestyle.”

Excellent response and it seems the gays have quietly gone away....

quip

BANNED
Banned

“At the same time, Gaines’ remarks are a clear rebuke to those liberals who think everyone who disagrees with them, especially on same-sex marriage and LGBT issues, is a ‘hater,'” he said. “It is emphatically clear that Chip Gaines does not ‘hate’ gay people, even if he does agree with his pastor’s views against same-sex marriage and for the possibility that gay people can be redeemed from a sinful lifestyle.

Excellent response and it seems the gays have quietly gone away....

What the right doesn't seem to understand is that hate can manifest itself in subtle ways, it doesn't have to be a "fire and brimstone" brand of hate but also may materialize as a patronizing, seemingly conciliating measure for "redemption" or "reprogramming".

This (the bold section above.) is a disparaging view of homosexuals. It marginalized them; attempts to segregate them from society at large via a disproportionate focus upon one particular "sin" ...among many.

Holding irrational contempt for homosexuals is still hate...even if expressed by a soft voice.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
What the right doesn't seem to get is that hate can manifest itself in subtle ways, it doesn't have to be "fire and brimstone" hate but also as a patronizing, conciliating call for "redemption" or "reprogramming".

This (the bold section above.) is a disparaging view of homosexuals. It marginalized them; attempts to segregate them from society at large via a disproportionate focus upon one particular "sin" ...among many.

Holding contempt for homosexuals is still hate...even if expressed by a soft voice.

God holds a disparaging view to those who participate in same sex sexual relations. The Gaines hold a view that its more important to care what God thinks about it.

quip

BANNED
Banned
God holds a disparaging view to those who participate in same sex sexual relations. The Gaines hold a view that its more important to care what God thinks about it.

Then they need to stop clinging to what "God wants" and listen to their inner voice.